Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pegasus mount

WeerW3ir
WeerW3ir
✭✭✭✭✭
So actually i was thinking. in AC Odyssey, Ubisoft pulled off the Pegasos pack. Basicly its gave a fancy armor and the mount. The mount skin changing Phobos (your horse) to a Pegasus.
578?cb=20181013140943

While the real mythical creature 'can' fly, under it, this mount cannot. it just taking away the falling damage with his wings. So im asking. Cant we have a winged mounts here too?If they are just purely cosmetic wings? Like in Maláka's Creed? :#
Edited by WeerW3ir on January 10, 2019 12:22PM
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same issue with people wanting gryphons, It would be cool to see them, theres an easy counter to the whole flying thing

make them ground mounts and make them stretch their wings out every now and again in idle animations
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By making a mount that is superior (no fall damage) to all previous 150 mounts you basically thow those 150 into the garbage bin, as none will use them anymore.

ZOS could make it super hard to get, but then ESO might turn into the Korean style grindfest that I would hate to see.
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on January 13, 2019 4:58AM
  • j.greenmanb16_ESO
    j.greenmanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    no.
    "You are brave and you are strong, of this there is no doubt. But without me at your side, your deeds will go unknown, your death unwept and your story unsung - Sings-In-Shade, the Argonian Bard
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id rather they just made all mounts be able to swim
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do i have to quote all 3 of you who missunderstood the conception? NOBODY TALKED ABOUT THEY HAVE TO SURVIVE THE FALLING! -_-" its in that game. the main reason of the topic is that. if ubisoft can make wings for the mounts and they are just cosmetic then. zos can add too some winged mount with purerly cosmetic wings. They already added winged pets. its the same conception. just cosmetic stuf with a bit more animation. like having a radiant apex mount.
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a gryphon or hippogryph mount that spreads its wings as it falls but doesn't fly. Kind of like the lizard mounts from the Xanmeer crates but bird inspired. Would be perfect for my Direnni characters!
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree with this- I'm a fan of AC Odyssey as well and this is the exact concept I wanted for the griffin mounts. They don't have to fly. They just spread their wings and look epic when they fall, jump, or even spread their wings slightly when they run. Have an awesome "wing flapping" animation upon summoning them.

Dunno why people aren't reading the first post thoroughly. OP did not say mounts in ESO with wings need to mitigate fall damage. All they were doing was describing the mechanics in AC Odyssey.

Whats great about this suggestion? They clearly already have the resources to pull off mounts like these- just look at how nicely done the wings are on the baby griffins and the griffin mobs in game.

I only hope they would make the wings a bit more proportional (and placed on the body better) than the Pegasus in AC Odyssey. I always found that Pegasus's wings to be a bit too short and the wings to be placed too high on the shoulder.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just picture the current horse model with Relequen wings because that’s probably how half-assed it would look and would probably cost 9000 crowns.
    NA PS4
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice, if it looked like the one in the pic. :smile:
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    do i have to quote all 3 of you who missunderstood the conception? NOBODY TALKED ABOUT THEY HAVE TO SURVIVE THE FALLING! -_-" its in that game. the main reason of the topic is that. if ubisoft can make wings for the mounts and they are just cosmetic then. zos can add too some winged mount with purerly cosmetic wings. They already added winged pets. its the same conception. just cosmetic stuf with a bit more animation. like having a radiant apex mount.

Then it would be very sad and unsatisfying. A beautiful Pegasus spreads its wings during the fall from the cliff and then next second breaks its and rider's neck on the bottom :(
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on January 13, 2019 5:41PM
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer different mounts from the typical reskins of horses bears camels etc etc but a pegasus is always welcome to the party
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just picture the current horse model with Relequen wings because that’s probably how half-assed it would look and would probably cost 9000 crowns.

I see youre a man of culture as well. 😬
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Id rather they just made all mounts be able to swim

I wouldn't mind if they added a few more lines such swim speed and fall damage reduction. Give the mounts more utility, nothing really ground breaking.
  • OFFL1MIT
    OFFL1MIT
    ✭✭✭
    the thing is the ES games are more like medieval style age with a grain of magic and couple of dinosaur type animals inc dragons. eso is already going nuts with some of the ''riced'' ''neons under'' type of mounts. I would rather have detailed armoured horses. Pegasus is more like divine creature, but it doesn't exist not even in Sovngarde. Maybe dwemer pegasus is more possible option , but wouldn't it look bad?
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »

I see youre a man of culture as well. 😬

Nah, I just don’t have faith in ZOS being able to pull it off.
    NA PS4
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen any official references of Nirn even having a Pegasus?
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.