Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Account Migration. (Across Platform)

NeillMcAttack
NeillMcAttack
✭✭✭✭✭
Long time lover of the game. And it will always have so many fond memories for me. I started playing very shortly after console release but recently got my 5 year forum member badge having followed the game for as long as I remember hearing about it.
I always kept my subscription for as long as I played. But I know I will never play again!!

Now I know what you are thinking, another 'I quit thread'!, but it's not. It's an 'I want to play again thread' actually, You see if you are a gamer, and own a gaming pc, and play games at 60fps, can run multiple programs simultaneously, and have such an offering of quality, and even quality plus free games. You can never return to 30 fps, lower quality graphics, terrible UI, only 1 program running, and a smaller, less mature community.

I still watch the game on twitch, some smaller, and the bigger (est) (Feng of course), streamers. But as much as I miss it, I will never start again, having put hundreds of hours into it already. I'm almost an old man now (k, I'm 32) with life to contend with. Why should I even want to do all that again? Just to be at the level I'm already at (10 maxed out toons, all exactly the way I want them).

So here I am, with all I can offer being the ability to pay the sub, and download the heaps of content I missed, asking, no, begging, ZOS to find a way for me to be able to migrate my PS4 account to PC.

Is there anyone else out there that would appreciate this? Maybe we can gather some momentum? Surely the console contracts can't last forever!!
PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
@ McAttack in game
Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, good luck. In a "bigger" game (like WoW) you'd have more traction. I'm not sanguine about it happening in ESO. Sad. But the truth is, they don't have a clue how to manage stuff like this.

Really, if you love the game so much, just re-up on PC. No, you won't have those max level toons - but you WILL have the fun of the PC version with addons, not to mention a better experience.

Unless of course what you really want to do is pvp....
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sony won't let it happen, they lose money and metrics.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes I feel lucky to be on PC and no steam. Best of Luck.
    Edited by D0PAMINE on January 12, 2019 5:10AM
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I still don't know why people play MMOs on Console... It's like playing some kind of Demo (will never get the real experience). But good luck and you are not old at all.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »
    Honestly I still don't know why people play MMOs on Console... It's like playing some kind of Demo (will never get the real experience). But good luck and you are not old at all.

Because some of us have done the PC gaming experience and found it a PITA.
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its worth just starting again, i did it 8-9 weeks ago, add ons make it easier to start again, yes a real pain in the neck to start with nothing again, but at this point i can say hand on heart it was worth it, currently i am CP268.

Dont get me wrong if they come up with a way of migrating console to PC i would get my PS4 acc migrated and start playing that again instead, but as thats not going to happen, im happy with the choice i made.
    Edited by Sanctuary_Reaper on January 12, 2019 9:26AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long time lover of the game. And it will always have so many fond memories for me. I started playing very shortly after console release but recently got my 5 year forum member badge having followed the game for as long as I remember hearing about it.
    I always kept my subscription for as long as I played. But I know I will never play again!!

Now I know what you are thinking, another 'I quit thread'!, but it's not. It's an 'I want to play again thread' actually, You see if you are a gamer, and own a gaming pc, and play games at 60fps, can run multiple programs simultaneously, and have such an offering of quality, and even quality plus free games. You can never return to 30 fps, lower quality graphics, terrible UI, only 1 program running, and a smaller, less mature community.

I still watch the game on twitch, some smaller, and the bigger (est) (Feng of course), streamers. But as much as I miss it, I will never start again, having put hundreds of hours into it already. I'm almost an old man now (k, I'm 32) with life to contend with. Why should I even want to do all that again? Just to be at the level I'm already at (10 maxed out toons, all exactly the way I want them).

So here I am, with all I can offer being the ability to pay the sub, and download the heaps of content I missed, asking, no, begging, ZOS to find a way for me to be able to migrate my PS4 account to PC.

Is there anyone else out there that would appreciate this? Maybe we can gather some momentum? Surely the console contracts can't last forever!!

Officially, it can't be done. The migrations from PC to consoles back in 2015, were only possible because those servers didn't exist. You could ask Customer Support, and politely get past the initial, "it's not possible," to try to get a clear answer. At worst you're out a couple weeks time, and at best, they may be willing to migrate your account over, with some name changes (if necessary.)

However, if they're unwilling to move on that (which is likely) then I would still recommend starting over on PC. Yes, there's a lot of stuff you'll be missing initially, but as you pointed out, there's a lot of user experience reasons to make the jump.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Eh, good luck. In a "bigger" game (like WoW) you'd have more traction. I'm not sanguine about it happening in ESO. Sad. But the truth is, they don't have a clue how to manage stuff like this.

Really, if you love the game so much, just re-up on PC. No, you won't have those max level toons - but you WILL have the fun of the PC version with addons, not to mention a better experience.

Unless of course what you really want to do is pvp....

Yes. Sadly, PvP was my first love in the game.......
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.... you don't want to do it on PC.... Serious. Read the threads about it....

I don't have any use at all for pvp - and even if I did, I wouldn't choose to pvp in this game.
  • Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    Can you migrate to another server?
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    @NeillMcAttack Really hope they will hear you out and accept the migration 'cause loyal costumers should be their TOP priority...
    It is too much time invested and they should do their best to achieve it even if they need to "recreate" or clone your account in PC.
    Wish you luck 😉
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    miteba wrote: »
    @NeillMcAttack Really hope they will hear you out and accept the migration 'cause loyal costumers should be their TOP priority...
    It is too much time invested and they should do their best to achieve it even if they need to "recreate" or clone your account in PC.
    Wish you luck 😉

I appreciate your point, but I’m not hopeful. I just felt I had to get it out there. The official stance as someone mentioned here is that they can’t. That it would cause too many issues. But I think it is naive to believe that.

Sadly the truth is that it just won’t happen.
    Unless of course they actually realise it could be a legitimate revenue stream, as we all know, nothing moves in any direction anymore without the force of the invisible hand....
    Edited by NeillMcAttack on January 14, 2019 1:23PM
    @ McAttack in game
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oberstein wrote: »

The answer to that is simply no unfortunately.
    @ McAttack in game
  • Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    Oberstein wrote: »

The answer to that is simply no unfortunately.

Games like WoW do that without problem, and it's possible to migrate if we have Asian server.
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Well.... you don't want to do it on PC.... Serious. Read the threads about it....

I don't have any use at all for pvp - and even if I did, I wouldn't choose to pvp in this game.

It's funny you say that. I watch streams of big fights in Cyro where the streamer is playing on PC, and the lag spikes they complain about are honestly small time 'hiccups', compared to what I remember having to deal with on console.
    @ McAttack in game
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This feels like a veiled PC Master Race thread...
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Officially, it can't be done. The migrations from PC to consoles back in 2015, were only possible because those servers didn't exist. You could ask Customer Support, and politely get past the initial, "it's not possible," to try to get a clear answer. At worst you're out a couple weeks time, and at best, they may be willing to migrate your account over, with some name changes (if necessary.)

However, if they're unwilling to move on that (which is likely) then I would still recommend starting over on PC. Yes, there's a lot of stuff you'll be missing initially, but as you pointed out, there's a lot of user experience reasons to make the jump.

Personally I don't believe that it 'can't' be done. I'm more convinced that they either have a contractual obligation with M$ and Sony, or simply don't want to put resources towards it.

And again, personally, I couldn't possibly start again. My account took a solid 2 and a bit years to build. With heavy play time. Going back to slow horses, no CP, no characters, no gold, no crafting, no motifs, nothing! Would just sadden me everytime i thought about it. I enjoyed all aspects of the game. And in the end was exactly where I wanted to be, I could log in, throw a build together, new or experimental, run dungeons, jump into Cyro, or farm IC, I wont be able to go back to scratch.... and I will never be able to put that kind of game time into it again.

Well it's my loss, but it's also ZOS's loss. I did spend hundreds during my time. And I know if I ran a dev company, this is the kind of feedback I would want to understand the mindset of players that are no longer playing.
    @ McAttack in game
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kathandira wrote: »

But RDR2 is on console so that statement doesn't make sense.....

Regardless, If you have a proper gaming PC, it would be naive to believe that console could offer an equally quality experience.
    @ McAttack in game
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd try to contact support and discuss your problem and see if they'd be willing to offer moving anything over. They have done this for sooooo many people. Whole guilds, even. I'd be sure to mention that as well. It's worth a try.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »

Actually it is not some demo like you think.

I rather player on console as console don't have the ad on that make the game feel as if you are a 6 year old needing your parents or teachers constant direction to complete objectives. Consoles are for adults that don't like being given a handicap feature. :)

Also the whole thought on PC is the master race is fallacy; simply look up various cross platform games and speed runs and many of those are held by console players and not PC players.

I use to be solely playing games on PC but the cost of maintaining a PC is not worth it today when you can get a console for $500 or less and play the same game that you can on PC with similar performance.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd try to contact support and discuss your problem and see if they'd be willing to offer moving anything over. They have done this for sooooo many people. Whole guilds, even. I'd be sure to mention that as well. It's worth a try.

@DisgracefulMind Really!! I did not know this. It really has happened!!? Across platform even??! I will certainly try this.
    @ McAttack in game
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have not built, and do not plan to build, the capability to move individual characters from platform to platform. We were only able to move characters in bulk for consoles once on June 1st, 2015 because the database tables we copied to were brand new (empty). Now that the database tables are filled with other data, the techniques we used before no longer work.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25807
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_RyanM wrote: »
    We have not built, and do not plan to build, the capability to move individual characters from platform to platform. We were only able to move characters in bulk for consoles once on June 1st, 2015 because the database tables we copied to were brand new (empty). Now that the database tables are filled with other data, the techniques we used before no longer work.

Well aren't you the bearer of glad tidings......
    @ McAttack in game
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Have you tried Copy - Paste? :trollface:

giphy.gif
    Edited by Suddwrath on January 15, 2019 6:18PM
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should be addressed. There are many (me included) who love this game, but have invested waaaaaaaaaaayyyy too much time and money to just start over on another console or PC. Why not just charge a transfer fee? And don't say "it can't be done"...

Maybe it's time to learn, just like all the consumers of ESO who constantly navigate their playstyle and general gaming experience patch after patch.
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on January 15, 2019 6:19PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Seeing as this game appears to not be so hot on consoles and the PC community is larger and very welcoming of console players I highly suggest figuring this out. There are many people who wish to be apart of the community but are stuck on a console and starting over is a big turn off to them. I know a few who have dropped the game altogether because of it.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a gaming laptop that could easily play ESO well. However, I do not play on PC because I do not want to start over and plus... I have 0 friends that play. If they did let you transfer an account, which according to post #23, isn't going to happen, I would try on PC because it seems like a better experience.

However, playing on console isn't like "playing a demo". The game is buggy all around, Xbox plays fine. Just no add-ons.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kathandira wrote: »

But RDR2 is on console so that statement doesn't make sense.....
    i mean.. seeing as that is an overproduced overrated ball of mediocrity i dont see how that invalidates the statemenet.

• SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im in a similar boat mate, but on top of re-levelling which I would be willing to do, I cant justify losing the $1000+ worth of crowns spent (I know, my own fault) not being on the PC server. If I could start PC with the number of crowns OR EVEN HALF I'd be on PC tomorrow.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so interesting because i just downloaded ESO on my laptop and am starting over new because I plan to swap over to PC over the next 2 years.

It has been very different. I'm playing at 30 FPS, minimum on all the graphics, and I am using a mouse and keyboard for the first time ever.

Honestly I kinda understand what you mean, having no CP, gold, or gear is really daunting. I am just trying to make the most of the situation and motivate myself to build my new character.
    PvP needs more love.