Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What sort of new weapon class would you like ?

Rezlov
Rezlov
So , I was recently playing Morrowind and I started thinking that it'd be cool if you could have some more weapon classes.The only stuff I could think of was throwables (shurikens and such) , crossbows ( yeah,like a 2H crossbow) , whips/chains/ropes (idk, seemed interesting) , staves and spears. Do you think they'd maybe even be able to do any of these and would they be cool ? Do you have any other weapon class on your mind ?
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spears would be nice but they are already there in a way with tempys.
  • Rezlov
    Rezlov

Aedric spears are cool , but other inferior classes are missing out on their glowing glory . (jk all the classes are pretty cool)
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Poison/Cursing staff tree, like the ones that the necromancer enemies use.

It would be all about the debuffs.
    Edited by Perashim on January 12, 2019 9:01PM
    Despair for the Living...
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flail? lol.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe a spear and sheild, but I would love a pole arm like a halberd, even if it was just a two handed re-skin
  • Rezlov
    Rezlov
    Perashim wrote: »

Oh man , I always liked the look of those effects on staves , wished that it could be made with something other than poisons.
    Edited by Rezlov on January 12, 2019 11:25PM
  • Rezlov
    Rezlov
    Flails and battlestaves , I'd love me some of that.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on January 23, 2019 4:55PM
  • Veuth
    Veuth
    ✭✭✭
    Bound Weapons that cost magicka would be pretty neat.
    Edited by Veuth on January 12, 2019 11:37PM
  • Rezlov
    Rezlov
    Veuth wrote: »

I think that could be done like a mending ability in the psijic skill line , where you can toggle it and usage costs magicka.
    Or do you have some other idea ?
  • Veuth
    Veuth
    ✭✭✭
    Rezlov wrote: »

I think that could be done like a mending ability in the psijic skill line , where you can toggle it and usage costs magicka.
    Or do you have some other idea ?

Conjured up weapons (like in Skyrim) that cost magicka and inflict elemental damage. There could also be abilities that summon certain types of weapons with a new skill tree dedicated to them.
    Edited by Veuth on January 12, 2019 11:46PM
  • j.greenmanb16_ESO
    j.greenmanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    give me my gosh darn spears Zeni. Two handed, spear and board or thrown variants/skills
    "You are brave and you are strong, of this there is no doubt. But without me at your side, your deeds will go unknown, your death unwept and your story unsung - Sings-In-Shade, the Argonian Bard
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spear or 1H and Spell
    Remove loot boxes or riot
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brass knuckles so we can put them hands on people.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1h and Rune/Spell. It’s already in the game for npcs.

eaLr6ie.jpg

her name is Henneque Chamrond in Daggerfall
    Edited by max_only on January 14, 2019 11:43PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if magicka classes got a few more weapon options. Not sure what those could be though. They'd need to be ranged since magicka isn't effective in melee range (can't reliably dodge/block). But if we get another ranged weapon, what makes it different from a staff?

I wish ZOS had just given each of the different destruction staff types unique skills.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 13, 2019 1:13AM
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rezlov wrote: »
    What sort of new weapon class would you like ?
    I kinda made my point on that question a while back: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/371862/additional-weapon-skill-ideas-mk-ii ;)
    That's magic, but they could easily add polearms on the cheap by reusing those animations, right? ;)

Perashim wrote: »

Poison would just be a destruction staff flavor in green poison damage. Cursing might be a destruction staff flavor in purple magic damage (like NPC hedge wizards and warlocks use). NPC Necromancers seem to enjoy cyan "coldfire" staves, which would be... maybe fire status effectrs but ice damage?
    All of which totally should be a thing for player destro staff goodieness!

Heck, I could even see a destro staff in "chaotic" flavor, which randomly changes its damage type for every use...

A whole new staff line on the other hand... YES! I would so love to see them giving ice back to destruction, and shifting all the "staff-tankyness" things to a completely new staff line, one that would be all about tanking, support and debuffing...
    throwing stars with new assassin class that can cast invisibility.
    i simply dont like nightblade skills nor do i think it is built like the assassin class we had in morrowind SP.
    Weapon skills and classes need to be -seperate- in ESO. But a "one handed and ranged" skill line would totally be great for any "assassin" who wants to throw kunai, shuriken or poisoned darts...
    We have those already. The nightblades red daggers, the dragonknights lava whip, the templars aedric spears, fighter guilds dawnbreaker, etc.
    All "weapons conjured up by magic and then swung at your enemy", and technically they ought to bloody well be half-half stamina and magica skills, but since the game system is not set up that way they usually go with the magica and just have a stamina morph... representing which part one would specialize in I reckon. And its all right since they need to be conjured up for every blow anyhow.

And I know a great many people want their magica characters to have all the weapon options so they can be just like stamina characters, just with some combination they deem more effective... and I say, that is not a good thing for the game, to make characters more similar. Way more fun in have them more diverse!

If anything, I would want an "conjured weapons" outfit system motiv, that does not show weapons when "sheathed", but has an "conjure up weapon" animation when "drawing" your weapon...but it only visuals (since you would still use musclepower to actually swing your conjured weapon to attack)
    There could be various motiv styles for weapons made of mystic energy... evil looking purple-black dark magic weapons, nasty looking red-brown blood magic weapons, ancient looking cyan-blue ghost magic weapons, aedric looking white-gold holy magic weapons, eco-friendly looking greenish nature magic weapons, cold looking blue-white ice magic weapons, hot looking yellow-orange fire magic weapons, powerful looking blue-purple lightning magic weapons, solid looking grey-brown earth magic weapons... ;)
  • ceruulean
    ceruulean
    ✭✭✭
    Hand to hand
    Make a passive where 1h + no-offhand increases spell dmg and reduces the cost of stamina skills, and no weeapons at all compensates for the weapon/spelldmg
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep, 1h + spell, some kind of magic offhand thing. Would be nice for mag classes to benefit from double enchants and such.

Spears would be cool, too.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next weapon to be added is very likely to be magicka based. I expect this is probably obvious reasoning since stamina has 3 weapons to choose from with most build using two of them. Magicka has only one to choose from.
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spears, glaives, tombs, enchanted bracelets
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Conjuration, Illusion, and Alteration staves to open more build options across the board.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    alteration staff
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone post a Napoleon Dynamite meme saying something about nunchuck skills please.

Thanks. 😀
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unit117 wrote: »
    Spears, glaives, tombs, enchanted bracelets
    You mean...
    Episode_3_-_Sid_hits_Black_Star_with_his_tombstone.png
    :p;):trollface:
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭
    •A magic damage staff to compliment the other 3 elements.
    •Sword & rune or some other form of melee magic weapon
    •Spears or another 2 handed weapon to give the same weapon crit buff that daggers offer for 1 handed weapons
    •Would be intrigued for a “bare fist” skill line which would use bracelets for its weapons but non essential

My 2 pennies
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    we have 2-hand, and 1-hand/1-shield...0-hand could be interesting
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None. It would be a gearing nightmare that I just don't trust ZOS to handle equitably. With a new weapon type comes:
    • a new crafting line
    • Possibly new upgrade materials
    • 9 weapon traits to learn.
    • Rewriting all of the loot tables so that existing gear drops in the new weapon.

Now based on how ZOS turned spellcrafting jewelrycrafting into a huge time devouring grind fest, do you trust them to implement a new weapon in a fair and balanced way?

Or to lock the new weapon behind DLC content, (i.e. you won't be able to get the new weapon from existing gear sets, only new ones).

Sorry but with the way ZOS's business model has shifted to be focus on daily logins and grindwall/paywalls it really saps my excitement for any new mechanics.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on January 14, 2019 6:17AM
  • WhipSmartMcoy
    WhipSmartMcoy
    ✭✭✭
    A sural would be badass
  • Rezlov
    Rezlov
    None. It would be a gearing nightmare that I just don't trust ZOS to handle equitably. With a new weapon type comes:
    • a new crafting line
    • Possibly new upgrade materials
    • 9 weapon traits to learn.
    • Rewriting all of the loot tables so that existing gear drops in the new weapon.

Now based on how ZOS turned spellcrafting into a huge time devouring grind fest, do you trust them to implement a new weapon in a fair and balanced way?

Or to lock the new weapon behind DLC content, (i.e. you won't be able to get the new weapon from existing gear sets, only new ones).

Sorry but with the way ZOS's business model has shifted to be focus on daily logins and grindwall/paywalls it really saps my excitement for any new mechanics.

Sadly , that is pretty true. But looking past that ,would you have any idea of what weapon you'd like to see ?