Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is the population lower now?

Hiimfinest
I started playing after Morrowind was released on the NA server and the population appears to be lower now than then. Are numbers dipping or is it just my imagination?
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably just your imagination. I'm SWAMPED in people everywhere.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish. I can’t get into my home campaign at all during this event.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except for pvp event there are less people in pvp
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not for PS4.. there is too many people IMO
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the constant Events happening, the population tends to gravitate towards quest hubs for the events.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Boardwalker
    Boardwalker
    ✭✭
    Seems like the opposite to me. So many players everywhere!
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *body surfs in hub cities* No, I think the population is, well, a bit populous right now!
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some dipped into pvp lands but you don't walk far without finding someone.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I deleted a couple characters, so that may be it

8D

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU seems as busy as ever to me wherever I go, and not just in relation to events. I also play a bit on PC NA now too and that seems much the same.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems the same to me. Even at my ungodly hours, I usually wayshrine into the middle of a stack at least three or four other players in Daggerfall. Weird to see my Khajiit wearing long Breton hair and a couple of sets of elf ears ;)
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC NA seems busier now than it did a year ago in pretty much all locations, for me at least.
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gettingbetter.jpg
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't be sure if there're less people or more, there are different shards of Tamriel.
    So there can be 10 shards at the same time or 50 we can't say for sure.
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think so personally, I have 4 guilds that are basically dead after nerfmire
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The population is up 40% since then (12k average players vs. 9k). It peaked at +70% in June with Sumemrset (15k vs. 9k). The population typically peaks with every chapter release. I expect the population to be at its highest point ever this June.

https://steamcharts.com/app/306130

So yes, it's your imagination. The game has never been more popular.

And yes, those numbers are for Steam, but the sample is more than large enough to extrapolate those trends to other login sources/platforms.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 13, 2019 3:55AM
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All campaigns more or less pop locked yesterday (PC EU). People everywhere, including in sidequest areas in the PvE zones. I have to play early in the morning when I want some questing peace and quiet :)

Weird to see my Khajiit wearing long Breton hair and a couple of sets of elf ears
    My pretty Nord lass had a huge set of hanging moustasches yesterday. I missed screening it :(
    Edited by MaleAmazon on January 12, 2019 1:47PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alex_Lex wrote: »
    You can't be sure if there're less people or more, there are different shards of Tamriel.
    So there can be 10 shards at the same time or 50 we can't say for sure.

This.

ESO uses instances. You only ever see a fraction of the available players on your screen.

This is evident when you go to trade with a player sometimes, but you can't see each other.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 12, 2019 1:47PM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AImost 5 years of the game, and i did not even know the main login screen could have a queue :)
    globalqueue.jpg
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The population is up 50% since then (12k average players vs. 9k). It peaked at +70% in June with Sumemrset (15k vs. 9k). The population typically peaks with every chapter release. I expect the population to be at its highest point ever this June.

https://steamcharts.com/app/306130

So yes, it's your imagination. The game has never been more popular.

And yes, those numbers are for Steam, but the sample is more than large enough to extrapolate those trends to other login sources/platforms.

Ummm just a quibble on yer math here. 3k is Not 50% of 9k.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think any comparison of Steam figures today compared with say a year or more ago needs to allow for the fact that with significant and frequent login issues during the last year many established players who used to play through Steam are no longer doing so.
  • Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    It's full
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.