Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Midyear Mayhem in Q1/19 foreshadowing the future of PvP in ESO...?

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What do you think about this?

I read another post about this correlation and thought it might be worth an own thread.

From Abnur Tharn's letter:

Adventurer,

I have followed your progress with interest and deemed you
worthy of rendering assistance. Knowledge has come into my
possession that will help me end the misguided Three Banners
War
and restore peace to Tamriel. You shall accompany me.
Be ready to answer my summons. And answer it quickly…
I hate to be kept waiting.

High Chancellor
Abnur Tharn

Midyear Mayhem, as the name suggests, usually takes place in Q3, more specific July (July 22nd in 2017, July 26th in 2018). What could be the reason that we have an event that was used to take place in Q3 to appear in Q1 of this year? Could this be related to Abnur Tharn trying to end the Three Banners War, a possible closure of Cyrodiil or a total revamp of the game's PvP / faction system?

What do you think?
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -
  • RapidUrsa
    RapidUrsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh sweet! Maybe the end boss we get to kill will be lag!!
    About Me
    Xbox One - EU
    Gamertag - RapidUrsa
    Overall CP - 500
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dev comment:
    We removed pvp from cyrodiil to reduce the lag.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are multiple threads already speculating about what the note means.

We'll hear more next week, i doubt they will remove PvP considering they just spent alot of dev effort on it with changes in Update 20...

Also it would remove end game for many players,
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

We'll hear more next week, i doubt they will remove PvP considering they just spent alot of dev effort on it with changes in Update 20...

Tis the one reason I play the game ☹
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • GraphicArtistYT
    GraphicArtistYT
    ✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    Dev comment:

Lolololololol
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it will just be a cyrodiil rework that removes some of the riding simulator and condenses the map.
    Edited by TimeDazzler on January 12, 2019 7:47AM
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know there are but I've never read about the correlation between Abnur's letter and the early Midyear Mayhem.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's Mid-Year somewhere
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they did another Midyear Mayhem because they needed an extra event for feathers and berries.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They will not remove pvp, as you say they did lots of changes last season.
    One thing who might change is unlinking cyrodil alliance from starting zone.
    Perhaps locking an account to an alliance at start of campaign.

Changes to IC and sever is another idea.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

I know there are but I've never read about the correlation between Abnur's letter and the early Midyear Mayhem.
    My guess is that we will get two Mayhem's they will have one event each months from now on and duplicating Mayhem is easy.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    Dev comment:

But they are adding back deer and torchbugs... so we are getting double what we had before! /s
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I can say this, the shameless 3 stacked full 24 man raids we are fighting from both EP and DC atm very much reminds me of early ESO PvP play. And while I do have some lag, it’s not that true slide show I thought it would be.

I’m having lots of fun! ^^b
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Factionless PVP. Every group for themselves!
    Playing since beta...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I read another post about this correlation and thought it might be worth an own thread.

Adventurer,

War

High Chancellor
    Abnur Tharn

Midyear Mayhem, as the name suggests, usually takes place in Q3, more specific July (July 22nd in 2017, July 26th in 2018). What could be the reason that we have an event that was used to take place in Q3 to appear in Q1 of this year? Could this be related to Abnur Tharn trying to end the Three Banners War, a possible closure of Cyrodiil or a total revamp of the game's PvP / faction system?

What do you think?

1) The Abner Tharn letter was written from the perspective of a character in the game. He is an Imperial Battlemage that sits on the Elder Council, not a game developer. Of course he thinks the war is misguided. He is hardly going to come out and suggest that one of the warring factions sits on the throne. He wants one of his own people on the throne. and a scheme to make that happen. Of course, this scheme will fail. We only need to look at who is behind it to understand that. Tharn is nothing more than an opportunist, fickle to the core. He will stick with this plan right up until he sees a better one. If we are lucky, he will not hang us out to dry for being foolish enough to help him.

2) ZOS needed an event for the Indrik event tickets promotion, wanted it to be a PVP event, and July was deemed too far away. Someone decided to do an event and call it "Midyear Mayhem Encore". An amazing lack of creativity for a studio that is normally pretty good at creativity. It's like the dev team wasn't even involved much at all. Some producer just thought of it at the last second and threw it together with a minimum of development and testing support. That is what it feels like.

I feel that the whole Season of the Dragon and Midyear Mayhem in January are related only in that they are both ESO. Beyond that, I don't feel any connection between the two things. They are separate and independent. One, a master plan thought out and considered by trained developers. The other, tossed together out of scraps and spare parts by someone else.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty excited for the announcement today. Morrowind had me as hyped, Summerset now. I am very curious to see if something PvP relevant is changing this year or if everything stays the same.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »

Tis the one reason I play the game ☹

Yeah, no Cyrodiil PvP = bye bye ESO for me.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more pvp is what everyone always wanted
  • mwo1480
    mwo1480
    ✭✭✭✭

Adventurer,

War

High Chancellor
    Abnur Tharn

What do you think?

they already confirmed, cyro will become a battle royal with new skins, and dances cyrodill will also get a battle pass that isnt included in eso+ and cost 20 euro more per month
    eu/pc
    every char has a story

anne-susan ...breton sorch DC
    seline kay .... bosmer dk AD
    julia-noor ...bosmer temp DC
    elle wolf .... breton temp AD
    Mari-Lynn.... woodelf nb AD former empress
    Mari-chan... woodelf warden AD
    (and more chars)
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Adventurer,

War

High Chancellor
    Abnur Tharn

What do you think?

They did the PvP event early cause they were lazy to invent some new event for us to enjoy while they needed to give us event tickets. Normally the first event offering us tickets would be jester festival or maybe some anniversary daily quest. This way we have each month access to event tickets. That is the only reason we have PvP event earlier.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that's official, not only Cyrodiil doesn't go anywhere, it will get some improvements! I'm especially hyped for IC separation from rest of Cyrodiil! ^^ and of course performance improvements, Rich said it's one of their primary goals this time.
    Edited by Mayrael on January 16, 2019 5:11AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge