Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is this really ESO's long term forum solution?

Smellyfed
Smellyfed
✭✭✭
This forum setup is horrific - the categories and subcategories are confusing, you have several languages mixed together. It's very difficult to navigate.

Heck, I have a vbulletin 4 license I'll donate if ZOS is hard up for cash.

• ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they will streamline it just give them some time. It's not really that bad imo.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They should also improve their forum server. The forum can't handle the maintenance time traffic at all.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »
    They should also improve their forum server. The forum can't handle the maintenance time traffic at all.

It takes a little while, I can get around on the forums fairly easy now. I got used to the lay out.

Yes, ZOS needs much BIGGER hamsters for their forum servers. I am spending more time "reloading a page" then reading / posting on it. Also, I was logged off the forums a few times due to the traffic load on the forum servers.
    Edited by k9mouse on April 7, 2014 6:42PM
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    I, too, can find my around - but this is not the best forum layout or design. While TESO has a lot on its plate right now, I hope they redesign the forum layout soon.
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • aegis156
    aegis156
    ✭✭
    I'm glad I'm not the only that looked at this and wonder WTH. Certainly a lot more complicated than it needs to be
  • marty83
    marty83
    ✭✭
    Step one fix major game problems, step two fix forum layout. I agree they need to make improvements but I'd like some of the quest lines fixed first. This patch is a good start to that.
  • SlaaMM
    SlaaMM
    ✭✭
    its Beta left overs including my handle it stinks sorry guys but this is horrible
  • Rastafariel
    Rastafariel
    ✭✭✭
    Finding your way around is fine when you get used to it. The forum awards and badges abilities are cool.... but I would vote for a larger hampster or several of them to run this puppy when game servers are down and forums are inundated.
    A Dragon's Tear has many mystical qualities...
    dragontears.boards.net
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    marty83 wrote: »
    Step one fix major game problems, step two fix forum layout. I agree they need to make improvements but I'd like some of the quest lines fixed first. This patch is a good start to that.

The Forums is not under the same care as those that look after the game with patches. Theres no reason for them to be unable to fix both simultaneously.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah its bad. this is why I use tamriel foundry and come here for technical support. I think its why you see 99% bitching on this forum and anything productive like guild recruitment and builds on third party sites. Needs to change.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's unprofessional.

Considering the massive clout companies like Zenimax have in the marketplace and the money they must spend on advertising and brand promotion, it's a pretty poor showing by any standard.

It looks like they handed the brief to a work experience student from the local high-school.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Rial
    Rial
    ✭✭✭
    NiRN wrote: »
    I think they will streamline it just give them some time. It's not really that bad imo.

Like a year's worth of beta?
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I do like the badge system, the categorization definitely needs an overhaul.

That being said, this is so far down on the priority list it's not even funny.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Censorious wrote: »
    It's unprofessional.

Considering the massive clout companies like Zenimax have in the marketplace and the money they must spend on advertising and brand promotion, it's a pretty poor showing by any standard.

It looks like they handed the brief to a work experience student from the local high-school.

Ive seen High Schoolers who do web design as a hobby do better work then this. This is something Zenimax and its Web Design team should be embarrassed about.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    patience.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • johnnyvonrotten
    johnnyvonrotten
    Soul Shriven
    Agreed - this forum layout is atrocious. As someone above said, just go with vbulletin or something similar. One page, scroll down to see the list of forums... done.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would much prefer a traditional forums layout.
    I have seen a few other sites using similar systems to these forums (Baldur's Gate) but honestly I think the most user friendly and functional MMO forums I have used have been EVE Online's.
    The Dev tracking is easy to read (the one here is horrendous) separate languages are broken up into separate areas, the patch notes have a dedicated page rather than forums posts.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."