Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Midyear Mayhem event a stress test or joke?

McSaban
McSaban
✭✭
As the title says, I'm just wondering what is the reason behind the event? It is unplayable at any normal time (Prime time) on every campaign (haven't tried the under lvl 50 one so idk about that one). Skills take about a second to cast, barswapping takes about 2 seconds sometimes, random loading screens everywhere, freezing and lagging even though ping and fps were fine, weapons getting switched in mid combat after a freeze, stuck in combat for 30 mins after a fight. The whole event seems like a disaster for anyone who goes in there for a good and enjoyable time in Cyro, so why launch the event if you knew it was going to be like this, which makes me wonder if it is really some kind of stress test? If it is, at least call it that...
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems a bit silly to have an event that you can't join.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Undaunted event must be a distant memory for them
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing under lvl 50 Cyrodiil and BG on my new stamsorc and everything is running fine (although group finder can be a bit buggy every now and then).

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a stress test.

It's an event the servers can't handle but we do it anyway
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played vivec PC NA last night for 3 hours. No problems at all.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play BGs
  • McSaban
    McSaban
    ✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Play BGs

We shouldnt be forced though to play a certain game mode or even change campaigns cause the game cant handle all the traffic, would be better for them to fix the server problem or just not launch the event if its going to be like this.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just give us tickets from bg already. Cyro is just a lag fest.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »

Same, just the normal lag but no load screens or disconnects
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did the same s*** last year, event comes, they know the hamster servers cant handle the increased population so they feed us a BS line to cover up poor performance with hopes of a 'fix'.
    They are politicians, they don't care about the game they care about $$$
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure you can get tickets from the BG questgiver in Vvardenfell.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play BGs

Even better: play under-50 BGs.

Limited class abilities and passives, limited gear choices, and if you solo queue then you’ll have even better odds of joining a group of potatoes.

If you’re a skilled player, you’ll definitely steamroll a few of those potatoes. But for every potoato you steam roll, you’ll still be running into equally skilled opponents, tanky healers, zoologists, torug’d werewolves, ice mage root spammers, duos, and premades.

But at least you’re not waiting twenty minutes to play against the same 11 people every match.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »

The quest is like play 5 bg. How about get ticket by just play 1?
  • shimm
    shimm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know, it’s almost like a bad relationship to me... I think I can change them (cyrodil), and they keep hurting me. But I love them....
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was 222 on queue a while ago. Ended up doing death matches.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The quest is win 3 BG's.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The quest is win 3 BG's.

also play 5 bg's, come on man.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was surprised that not only had I not had any problems, I've seen very few people in Cyrodiil. I guess that's because I'm on the under 50 campaign and most people are playing the higher level ones?

If you've got a low level character and you just want to do the dailies for the event rewards that might be an option. (Although it could backfire if everyone does that.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • ralphylauren
    ralphylauren
    ✭✭✭

The quest is win 3 BG's.
    Stebarnz wrote: »

The quest is win 3 BG's.

The quest is random and arguably the easiest is win 1000 metal points.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The quest is win 3 BG's.
    Stebarnz wrote: »

The quest is win 3 BG's.

The quest is random and arguably the easiest is win 1000 metal points.

yes there are multiple random different BG quests I was just correcting the correction.
    That medal one is the easiest IF you can get 1000 medals lol.
    Edited by Stebarnz on January 11, 2019 11:37PM
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    McSaban wrote: »
    Play BGs

We shouldnt be forced though to play a certain game mode or even change campaigns cause the game cant handle all the traffic, would be better for them to fix the server problem or just not launch the event if its going to be like this.

I agree. Battlegrounds (and no-CP environment in general) may not be everyone's cup of tea and Cyrodiil could be more preferable choice if those campaigns wouldn't lag so much right now. I'm fine with being in queue for campaign like Shor, I don't mind waiting a bit, but when I actually get in and lag gets so bad in combat that I'm unable to bar swap for several seconds in row while being chased by group of players, that's not the PvP experience I came to look for and the sad thing is that we even have to tolerate such issues more often during the event.
    I almost always play in Shor, so I don't face bar swap or other similar issues often in Cyrodiil, but this event is a good reminder for everyone how does it feel to play in laggy Cyrodiil. Which made me really question why ZOS thought such event as Midyear Mayhem encore is a good idea at first place.
    And yes, I'm aware that this is a hook for players, where ZOS try to make people earn their tickets and perhaps go to Cyrodiil to grind some sweet double AP and perhaps some players will get more interested about PvP, but at the same time when experiencing all the lag, it also makes me question is this lag and performance disaster really something which ZOS wants to advertise for new players who are not familiar with PvP yet? Not the brightest idea imo.
    Edited by Fiktius on January 12, 2019 12:14AM
  • Viscous119
    Viscous119
    ✭✭✭
    The Indrik mount upgrade ain't worth it. Plain and simple. If you want to lag, feel free to do so. :/
  • McSaban
    McSaban
    ✭✭
    Viscous119 wrote: »
    The Indrik mount upgrade ain't worth it. Plain and simple. If you want to lag, feel free to do so. :/

A lot of us dont play for the mount, we just want to play pvp, and we are unable to do just that...
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome to the elder scrolls online!

Some things never change.
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭
    Viscous119 wrote: »

Just to add, the only thing I do in this game is pvp, and if I am unable to do it properly for the whole duration of the event or have to stay up until 4 am to get decent perfomance, then it really is a problem...
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    McSaban wrote: »
    As the title says, I'm just wondering what is the reason behind the event? It is unplayable at any normal time (Prime time) on every campaign (haven't tried the under lvl 50 one so idk about that one). Skills take about a second to cast, barswapping takes about 2 seconds sometimes, random loading screens everywhere, freezing and lagging even though ping and fps were fine, weapons getting switched in mid combat after a freeze, stuck in combat for 30 mins after a fight. The whole event seems like a disaster for anyone who goes in there for a good and enjoyable time in Cyro, so why launch the event if you knew it was going to be like this, which makes me wonder if it is really some kind of stress test? If it is, at least call it that...

While PvP has been a laggy mess for years now and it has gotten significantly worse lately, I do have to say that I have no lag issue on these temporary campaigns on PC EU even when all 3 pops are locked or at 3 bars. I am actually enjoying being able to play small scale and magicka characters outside of large groups again.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »

You must live next to the server. I'm north east coast and that's a complete rip.

Constantly get booted to sign in screen try logging on same toon only to get booted after an eternal load screen. After 4-5 boots, I log back in with a long load screen then when traveling, I get the eternal load screen. Takes 5 minutes per travel.

Bar swaps dont work and a whole lot more.

Disabled all add-ons, dropped graphics settings.

I'm running a 7700k with a 1080ti on a gigabit connection. The funniest thing is that after getting booted, the pop-up says to "Please make sure you have a valid internet connection".

I notice some don't have trouble but man do I have 'em. Some of my friends do, others only have insane lag.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on January 23, 2019 5:02PM
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To my surprise, Shor has been locked but with a low queue and no performance issues.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all