Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Option to furnish after house purchase with crowns?

RapidUrsa
RapidUrsa
✭✭✭✭
So I’ve got the psijic mansion and the place is so huge that decorating it could take months! What would you think if ZOS added and option to furnish it for 3000 Crowns?
About Me
Xbox One - EU
Gamertag - RapidUrsa
Overall CP - 500

Option to furnish after house purchase with crowns? 56 votes

Yes sounds great! Move me in!
60%
NestorPinesySurragardpaerokab16_ESOcyberblastAimoraBleakravenNebthet78czarAjaxandriellookstwiceDagoth_RacSilverwillowJayne_DoeEphemeraCrawfordGChaseXmasBossXVGiantFruitFlyRapidUrsalamatadita 34 votes
Hell No! I’m an Artist! I’ll design myself!
21%
krisor67_ESOixieSheytaAektannbellatrixedbayushi2005dtsharplesKrainor1974MegattoLady_Scorp72Starlight_KnightMintaka5 12 votes
Meh(please explain)
17%
StreegaCaffeinatedMayhemnotimetocarePaazhahdrimaakDracan_FontomRunscheiTigerseyeWildRaptorXghastleyKMarble 10 votes
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh(please explain)
    I personally see no use in it as all the houses ZOS offer to 'furnish' for you often appears 90% empty even if bought as furnished ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose it's a harmless enough option... but to me the entire point of housing is to decorate it the way you want. Pre-decorated housing holds exactly zero appeal for me. Plus the furnished versions almost always include a bunch of ugly junk like random crates stacked around instead of logical living areas.

I'd say if it takes months, it takes months!
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • RapidUrsa
    RapidUrsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it would work nicely! Especially if someone buys an unfurnished house then decides that finishing the place is to much! What about if people could purchase the house with gold then auto furnish with crowns?
    About Me
    Xbox One - EU
    Gamertag - RapidUrsa
    Overall CP - 500
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all houses I'd love the ability to buy the furniture pack later that you would have gotten had you bought the house with crowns.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos did offer the furnishings for sale after they gave us the home. Granted those that bought it would have to place everything but it was offered.
  • lamatadita
    lamatadita
    ✭✭
    Sometimes I'll buy the house furnished just because it's furniture I'd use anyway, so it's a good deal. I almost always move it around, though. There were times when I bought the house unfurnished because I was short the extra crowns and couldn't afford to get more just then, so the option to change my mind and get the items later would be awesome.

I think the crown furnishing packs they introduced after the Psijic Villa are a nice idea, along with the ones that already existed, but I wish they would introduce sets like that for all the styles.
    Edited by lamatadita on January 8, 2019 5:18AM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really do wish they'd offer a furnished upgrade. There have been times I could just not afford the furnished version of a crown-only house but I would've liked to have those few extras to use. ZOS doesn't seem to be very good at understanding that money next month is just as good as money right now.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tylos001 wrote: »
    So I’ve got the psijic mansion and the place is so huge that decorating it could take months! What would you think if ZOS added and option to furnish it for 3000 Crowns?

Just look at the Crown Store prices... The furnishing packs that suits the Altmer/Alinor style are like 2000, 2500 Crowns unit

and with each one, you can hardly furnish the half of a room in the villa...
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh(please explain)
    ZOS sell furnishing packs for those who want them, but don't want to build. You can buy individual items for crowns when you furnish.

I buy homes for gold, and make the furnishings. I want the opposite, the elimination of crown-only furnishings. Everything should be available both ways, for crowns or for in-game effort.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't the option to allow buying of furniture packs. It at least gives players options and may be cheaper than buying the individual peices you want from the Crown store. A lot of furnishing blueprints, etc are very expensive right now for the purple ones. Even some of the blue ones are way expensive.

By the way, decorating the psijic home isn't that bad. I just wish is had 100-200 more slots than it currently does, then I could fill in a couple bare areas.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The conflict here is if you have anything in the house already.

For them to "furnish" your house, they would be replacing the instance you have with the one they've predecorated. That means your furnishings would be overwritten.

So, newp. I'm all set.
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Considering the cost of the Sunmerset decoration bundles I think this option would cost a lot more than 3,000 crowns but those packs can be bought and used to provide standard decorations that match the architecture of the house.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Luxtica
    Luxtica
    Soul Shriven
    I think that's an awesome idea! More options is always a good thing. :)
  • krisor67_ESO
    krisor67_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Personally i like to design my own places, but it would be nice to have the option of getting the furniture later if you so wish
    DPS player, not big on PVP but will do it. Love the homestead part of the game, spend a lot of time decorating places.
  • RapidUrsa
    RapidUrsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the meantime I have created another thread about what I should design manually! Check it out 😊
    About Me
    Xbox One - EU
    Gamertag - RapidUrsa
    Overall CP - 500
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's the fun in housing if you're not going to decorate it yourself? Y'know, really make the house your own.
    Remove loot boxes or riot
  • EphemeraCrawford
    EphemeraCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find buying the house furnished gives you a nice selection of furniture cheaper than buying individually, and you can distribute pieces to other houses if you want. I always, always move everything around anyways.

I finish off with crafted pieces and fill in as I get more recipes. But I honestly have neither the time nor the gold to get all the recipes myself. I wish we had more options to purchase furniture with gold.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think this would be a nice option for those that would wish it, and certainly wouldn't detract from anyone who wants to decorate homes themselves.

While the furnishings that do come with a house aren't enough to completely decorate it, they are often a good start. Even if I buy a home already furnished, I move things around and then add to it. I wouldn't want a furnished home to be completely full, as then you couldn't add in the details you want without removing items. A furnished home is designed to get you started with the basics and often a few nice little extra details.

I've purchased a couple of the large homes furnished (Amaya and the Townhouse) as well as one CS-only home (Tel Galen). It gave me a good starting point, but with each home I've completely rearranged things and have added lots of additional furnishings.

All of my other homes were purchased with gold (well, I bought the apartments furnished for 800 crowns each at the start of homestead, when I had very few mats and plans - less than 2 months of ESO+). It's definitely fun to have a blank canvas, but having a starting point with some basic furnishings can be helpful, and certainly doesn't preclude creativity.

As for the price - 3,000 crowns is reasonable for the large homes (that's generally the difference in price for the notables). The furnishing packs are, of course, more expensive, and if they based the pricing off of what they charge for those and even individual furnishings, the price would be much more than 3,000 crowns. Thus, buying a home furnished is also often a good deal - you get far more furnishings for the extra Crown price.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meh(please explain)
    If they decorated it like the loading screen, then yes.

If they decorated it by just throwing in some random stuff, with very little larger Alinor stuff (or Alinor stuff, at all), then there would be far less point.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After reading the OP again, I realize you were talking specifically about the Psijic Villa. In that case, I believe that the Alinor furnishing packs they have on offer in the CS are designed to fill that role. However, I still like the idea of a Psijic Villa furnishing pack that contains all the items that would have been in the furnished version of the home. It would, I think cost more than the usual upsell from unfurnished to furnished.

In hindsight, I think that would have been a good idea. For, say, 5000 crowns, you could buy the furnishings from the furnished version of the home. That would still be a LOT cheaper than purchasing the furnished version of the home. But, I suspect that they didn't want to offer it at the time, since there were already a number of complaints that we weren't getting even the unfurnished version of the home, and that it was just a ploy to get players to buy the Alinor furnishing packs. If they had released a Psijic Villa furnishing pack, with all the items from the furnished version, I think there may have been even more of an outcry, despite the fact that we were getting a notable home for free.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 15, 2019 6:48PM
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't buy that. I craft 90% of the stuff that goes into my villa. The housing system in this game doesn't offer much else that would justify me buying crowns to load it up with stuff that someone else made and arranged.
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    there should be a option to do so.

but why would you as no one will ever see it but yourself. it isn't like players go around and look at others homes in this game.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meh(please explain)
    The "furnished" option is jsut to get that 3k more out of people at sale time. The amount of furnishings you get in a house like Grand Psijic is more than 3k on their own, but not anywhere near enough to call the home "furnished." You can buy most of the furnishings in guild stores (or could if people would buy there instead of crown store). You can even pay someone in gold to decorate your home for you. (I do this, but I'm expensive :P )

Deal with it. You got an expensive hook because ZOS thinks most of the payerbase has enough disposable income to spend 20k or more crowns on furnishings.