Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The ever moving craftingstations

Alhatariel
Alhatariel
✭✭✭
I am still struggling with the craftingstations which are unusable because they move theirselves a bit each time someone enters the guildhouse. The fix for not working craftingstations was that they move a bit each time someone enters. We have 200 craftingstations in our guildhouse and I must check a few times a day if they all work. And yes, I tried several add ons that repair craftingstations, but even with use of them do I hear complains each day that stations dont work. Because they all move slowly in 1 direction do they get stuck in stones or pillars and than they dont work. So: 3 times a week I manually place all 200 stations back on their original place. And I check twice a day all 200 of them. Its takes a lot of time and I hope some kind of solution will be introduced. Has anyone found a way to deal with this?
  • krisor67_ESO
    krisor67_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Are you placing them on artificial surface, like say a platform? If so that is why they do that, best to place them on the ground or floor of the original structure.
    DPS player, not big on PVP but will do it. Love the homestead part of the game, spend a lot of time decorating places.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes crafting stations not on the ground suffer the most. It seems even stations that are on platforms that are stock to the house have issues. I have access to two guild halls that have all the attunables. One is the house in the gold coast, all the stations are on the sidewalks to the left and right, and most of them dont work. The other guild hall is the Coldharbor blank slate one, and I never have an issue with any of those stations.

So, to expand on @krisor67_ESO , the stations need to be on dirt, not just the stock floor.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    If any decorator is using the option in Essential Housing Tools to fix all crafting stations when entering a home. Get them to turn it off. or any other add on that does this type of feature. I had this same issue when i turned on the option and noticed about a 2 weeks later the rows were not straight any more at my own guild house with all set stations. The option slightly moves each station right then left a little to get around the "platform bug". After i turned the setting off again it stopped causing the issue. Its a setting which is the best way to fix stations on platforms since they randomly work until any 1 item is moved. The option works great for most homes but not when there is hundreds of stations. I didn't investigate further but the process of moving all the stations would not always complete the process. Slowly over time various groups of stations were moving slightly right and eventually some stations were not working since they moved in to a non functioning position. I'm not sure if i interrupted the process by accessing something before it completed moving so many stations. Or it was something i could not prevent. I just turned the setting off again. Essential Housing Tools has both a clickable option and an automatic upon entering house option for fixing stations.
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K do you have any thoughts on this?
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    For more info on the platform bug/bugs. I think everything is covered regarding all issues including stations in this thread:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/422408/crafting-station-become-unusable-after-exiting-the-house
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hiyde So, based on what I know about the Housing system from my experience with the API, my best guess is that the House's assets (both zone and furniture assets) load in an unpredictable order (a common property of some types of list structures in both C++ and LUA).

When the assets for a given station load prior to the zone asset(s) that the station is situated upon, the station is flagged as invalid (i.e. the red tint the item is given when trying to place it on uneven ground).

After being flagged as invalid (and therefore inaccessible), the station does not appear to be re-evaluated to determine if it is eligible for changing to the valid state. Ideally this would occur as a final phase that executed after all of the game's subsystems had fully loaded AND initialized (i.e. the system raises a "load complete" event for each and every game subsystem or the following expression evaluates to true):
    GetNumTotalSubsystemsToLoad() == GetNumLoadedSubsystems()

I could be wrong, but again that's my best guess from what I know about how this all works.
  • Alhatariel
    Alhatariel
    ✭✭✭
    The stations in our guildhouse standing on the gallery platform of the entrance of the Psijic Villa, so that is a hard not placed by me platform.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try placing them on the dirt

• Alhatariel
    Alhatariel
    ✭✭✭
    I tried, it doesnt help :-(
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    Any luck with that add on setting? The issue sounds exactly like i had
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can anybody explain why they can't just remove the conditions for the craft stations to work? Just allow you place them anywhere. Surely it's this condition that they have to sit perfectly atop a flat surface is what's causing this?
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrpaxman wrote: »
    If any decorator is using the option in Essential Housing Tools to fix all crafting stations when entering a home. Get them to turn it off. or any other add on that does this type of feature. I had this same issue when i turned on the option and noticed about a 2 weeks later the rows were not straight any more at my own guild house with all set stations. The option slightly moves each station right then left a little to get around the "platform bug". After i turned the setting off again it stopped causing the issue. Its a setting which is the best way to fix stations on platforms since they randomly work until any 1 item is moved. The option works great for most homes but not when there is hundreds of stations. I didn't investigate further but the process of moving all the stations would not always complete the process. Slowly over time various groups of stations were moving slightly right and eventually some stations were not working since they moved in to a non functioning position. I'm not sure if i interrupted the process by accessing something before it completed moving so many stations. Or it was something i could not prevent. I just turned the setting off again. Essential Housing Tools has both a clickable option and an automatic upon entering house option for fixing stations.

@mrpaxman Hi! Just to clarify on this real quick...

Essential Housing Tools' Auto Station Repair feature:
    1. Only runs when you port into a home that you own (not other players' homes, even if you have Decorator permission).
    2. Shifts the stations up and immediately back down by 1 unit (a centimeter in game metrics).

If the stations were shifting to the side, that should not have been Essential Housing Tools causing the shift. <3

But, I love science and a good experiment, so - just to twerk the role of Devil's Advocate - I will temporarily disable the feature in my next update and look to see if we continue seeing reports of the issue. <3
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    mrpaxman wrote: »

@mrpaxman Hi! Just to clarify on this real quick...

Essential Housing Tools' Auto Station Repair feature:
    1. Only runs when you port into a home that you own (not other players' homes, even if you have Decorator permission).
    2. Shifts the stations up and immediately back down by 1 unit (a centimeter in game metrics).

If the stations were shifting to the side, that should not have been Essential Housing Tools causing the shift. <3

But, I love science and a good experiment, so - just to twerk the role of Devil's Advocate - I will temporarily disable the feature in my next update and look to see if we continue seeing reports of the issue. <3

Hey. Thanks for the info
    I cant say enough of how amazing your add on is <3 Your literally a housing life saver :D

1. Good to know as i only thought the feature would apply to anyone with decorator privileges. I only ever had myself as decorator

2. Not sure if any of this info is helpful. At the time of when i was having the issue. Changing the Essential Housing Tools setting did this for me in my own case. Toggling this very setting did the moving and prevention of moving. Right followed by left to its original position. I was hoping i could use it to finally fix my old platformed guild hall for other members. Sadly the game does not allow that. It was when the feature was very new. I have never seen the same feature in any previous add on i ever used. When i had the setting on i could actually see the stations shifting right, then left when arriving at the house. It was about 2 weeks later before i noticed stations had moved. None of my station heights ever changed. Eventually the stations that were clipping with the terrain were on the right rows also. This was at the Coldharbour house with the stations facing the entrance. It became apparent they had moved when i saw the woodworking stations in particular not lined up straight, looking front on down the rows. Quite noticeable differences in stations of around 1 to 4 rows were in different alignments. This was about 2 weeks after turning on the setting. The movement increments looked close to around 5cm's are what i also witnessed also. it was easy to see which stations were moving during the process. The rows were no longer straight, looking front on to the rows of craft stations. Enough to definitely notice all stations when watching them after entering the house. Later i also noticed the regular stations along the right side of the craft area had also travelled in the right direction. Beyond all that i am not sure of how it may have resulted in that toggle being the reason if its not possible to have been at the time. If it has always been vertical then that is extremely weird. Homestead OCD was the previous add on i used to use. It was installed at the time but i stopped using it much earlier then all this happening. I have not seen the feature in any other add on

"Devil's Advocate" >:) Brilliant lol. If it was some action i was doing that prevented the process from completing. Like accessing some menu, a crafting station, assistants or anything else. Which i did do. And It is also not some other issue or conflict i was getting. My thought was to have it limited to around 5 stations. or less. I think the most i have ever had to reset something in the editor to get all stations working for everyone was 3 times. That was my thoughts prior to the new info :D
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    just to twerk the role of Devil's Advocate

Tehe, you crack me up. ;P

<3
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Yes crafting stations not on the ground suffer the most. It seems even stations that are on platforms that are stock to the house have issues. I have access to two guild halls that have all the attunables. One is the house in the gold coast, all the stations are on the sidewalks to the left and right, and most of them dont work. The other guild hall is the Coldharbor blank slate one, and I never have an issue with any of those stations.

So, to expand on @krisor67_ESO , the stations need to be on dirt, not just the stock floor.

Yeah, I have a couple of guilds that use Hakvilds and put the stations on the porch area ringing the hall. These are in-game assets and not user-placed assets, but the stations just don't work. Incidentally some of the regular stations that are placed on the stone platform in front of the hall (also in-game assets) sometimes don't work either.

At least one of my guilds has a hall where the stations are usable. It has the Grotto, with all stations on the ground. There are a couple that sit on some rocks, but they don't usually work. Before that it was at Linchal Manor, with all stations in the courtyard area, and they always worked. When the guild moved to the Grotto, the owner had built some nice platforms and the stations were arranged beautifully and logically. However, they rarely ever worked, so the owner moved them all to the beach in a meandering swirl. Not very elegant and sometimes it's hard to locate the set I need, but at least they all (with a couple exceptions) work.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 11, 2019 6:26PM
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zos should just remove conditions on these and other inreractables like mundus stones.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that removing the arbitrary "activator condition" on crafting stations would be the easy fix.

I understand why they do this, so people to push a chair far enough into the ground so as to get a character stuck when sitting. However, people dont sit on crafting stations.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Can we have devs look into removing the activator condition on crafting stations. Basically, you have to line a station up almost perfectly with the ground plane before it can be activated. Instead, just allow the station to be activated no matter where it is. Sure some might put the crafting stations into goofy places, but that does not really matter.

• Alhatariel
    Alhatariel
    ✭✭✭
    Here is how I have placed all craftingsets in the Psijic Villa for my guild: They are on several natural platforms sortet out in dlc or non-sets in alphabetical order86kd49k3t2ki.jpg
    2mz4q9l14ned.jpg
  • Alhatariel
    Alhatariel
    ✭✭✭
    ...and still `ever moving` stations :-)
  • Alhatariel
    Alhatariel
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen many straight/square placements of the sets in the houses of others but we woman like esthetics too :-)
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's absolutely ridiculous that this would happen, at all, let alone that it still wouldn't be fixed months (or, is it years?) later.

Why do they move out of place, in the first place?

It makes no sense.

Combine that with the ludicrous idea (seriously, who comes up with this stuff?), of having to have hundreds of crafting stations in one house and I'm starting to think this game is being run as a deep state psychological experiment into what you can get away with (boiling a frog-style), before people finally give up and leave.