The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Healer tips for Midyear Mayheam

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Healer tips for Midyear Mayheam

* Dress Strongly or at least put on a costume or outfit making it seems like you are wearing heavy amour.

* Think about using gear that doesn't get you killed before supporting allies, like fortified brass. A dead healer is a no good healer!

* Some common sets to use are transmutation, lich, spell power cure for the zergly, shackbreather, sload, soilder of augish

* That arena staff in Black Rose Prision will be very useful. Might even take out Malestorm resto too.

* Mutagen = easy ap in cydrolli. Join a zerge and spam

* Can't get Kills? Try siege gear and execute them.

* It's easy to get kills on Sorc just use mage wrath... and the kills will cheese and be yours.

* I never said this... but worst come find a friend in a remote area and ...stab, stab, stab.

* Don't feel bad joining a zerg. There is power in numbers. Also plenty of people to heal.

* If you haven't did psjiic skill line I would go do it for timestop and mend wounds. If you can't kill enemies help allies by stalling enemies. On that note sliver least works to get them off allies, but you better disappear or run away after. (cloak, streak, invisible pot)

* At last if you having a hard time having fun, I suggest trying out ball or flag games in battlegrounds. Remember battlegrounds are base game now!

Do you have any tips to share with people?
  • biggda76
    biggda76
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, commit decide blood not flow
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try not to look like a healer. So don't stand around in the open with restro staff out. And stay in back but still among your allies so it's harder to see who's casting what. Don't try to stand out either, use regular gear costumes and muted or alliance color dyes.

Healers are priority targets, and being alone or apart from the group heavy restro attacking is a neon arrow saying come kill me first.

P.S. Hybrid DPS front bar/Heals back bar set up is preferable in PvP if you are PUGing or planning to get the event achievement title. You only go full heals as part of an organized group, and in that case you probably don't need this guide thread.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can't seem to get the killing blow for the achievement of killing 50 players as a healer, here are some options even if you dont have an exexute ability.

1. Use siege weapons. Pour oil on the keep doors or the flags, use scattershot on the breach or choke points, and you'll get kills.

2. Light attack during fights. Not only do you tag more enemies, but you'll get lucky with killing blows. You might laugh, but I got my Emperor Slayer achievement from hitting the Emperor with a light attack, :)

3. Play aggressive. Put a DPS weapon on your other bar. I did a lot of zerg surfing, so I put Destructive Reach on my Inferno staff bar and range attacked enemies from a distance.

4. Play Battlegrounds. Kills come pretty quick and there's lots of opportunistic kills. I like to use an Ice Staff as my other weapon for BGs since the CC is brutal for objective based matches
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people could stop promoting others to zerg that would be amazing.....
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Eh... With others is the best place to learn for the weak or inexperienced. The zerg is always on the front lines anyways. You can also take a 6-8ish player team through the next mile gate over and cap back keeps where you'll face smaller groups of defenders.

1v1 or 1vX is generally not the place for a novice healer though.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • biggda76
    biggda76
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

Eh... With others is the best place to learn for the weak or inexperienced. The zerg is always on the front lines anyways. You can also take a 6-8ish player team through the next mile gate over and cap back keeps where you'll face smaller groups of defenders.

Yea but spamming time stop in back of a zerg against small group/solo player is just cancer, like advertising spamming chains and talons on everyone which somehow didn't get mentioned :))))
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    biggda76 wrote: »

Yea but spamming time stop in back of a zerg against small group/solo player is just cancer, like advertising spamming chains and talons on everyone which somehow didn't get mentioned :))))

Then maybe don't take your small group/solo build against a zerg and expect not to get CC'd to death.

I mean, its Midyear Mayhem, that event where lots of inexperienced PVPers come out to play. They arent going to learn to be great PVP players overnight, and tactics like "hang to the back of the group, heal your allies, CC your enemies while the others kill them" are great tips for learning to play in Cyrodiil because they work vs everyone, from small groups to organized raids.

I find that "cancer" in PVP tends to mean "that thing that killed me".
  • biggda76
    biggda76
    ✭✭✭

Then maybe don't take your small group/solo build against a zerg and expect not to get CC'd to death.

I mean, its Midyear Mayhem, that event where lots of inexperienced PVPers come out to play. They arent going to learn to be great PVP players overnight, and tactics like "hang to the back of the group, heal your allies, CC your enemies while the others kill them" are great tips for learning to play in Cyrodiil because they work vs everyone, from small groups to organized raids.

If you don't realise that's best zergling tools than what can I say. And yea sure, I just dislike people promoting zerging just like Qbiken said :XD:
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lag the lag..... you think they would prepare the servers better for it

Everyone wants a tickets and who can blame them

If people try PvP for the first time great could do with players seen as it’s been dead for months but the lag is a killer it’s not a good first impression for new people to PvP
    Edited by macsmooth on January 10, 2019 6:42PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    macsmooth wrote: »

Everyone wants a ticket and if people try PvP for the first time great could do with players seen as it’s been dead for months but the lag is a killer

You do realize that the campaigns have a population limit, so the lag during the event is the same lag that PVPers already face on a daily basis when their campaign is pop locked.

This is some solid healing advice. I would add that you want to make sure your healer can 1v1 effectively. Make sure you have a few damage skills, a dot or two, a stun, and an execute. My Templar healer runs jabs, radiant, javelin and vampire's bane front bar for this purpose. And the back bar is solely dedicated to healing and buffs. Really, the damage bar only comes out when I need to go offensive.
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    macsmooth wrote: »

Everyone wants a ticket and if people try PvP for the first time great could do with players seen as it’s been dead for months but the lag is a killer

You do realize that the campaigns have a population limit, so the lag during the event is the same lag that PVPers already face on a daily basis when their campaign is pop locked.

This is some solid healing advice. I would add that you want to make sure your healer can 1v1 effectively. Make sure you have a few damage skills, a dot or two, a stun, and an execute. My Templar healer runs jabs, radiant, javelin and vampire's bane front bar for this purpose. And the back bar is solely dedicated to healing and buffs. Really, the damage bar only comes out when I need to go offensive.

Your right there is a limit but that limit hasn’t been hit for quite a few months now so the lag has been easy but this event was going to have more non PvP people you think Zos would have put more cpu to the servers, you can’t heal anyone if their already dead but it’s not refreshed on your screen yet

Edit
    I am not saying the advice is bad more the better it’s good to share, the lag is what’s not going to keep people around to want to learn more and experience more
    Edited by macsmooth on January 10, 2019 6:56PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don't realise that's best zergling tools than what can I say. And yea sure, I just dislike people promoting zerging just like Qbiken said :XD:

Zerging is one of the best ways for inexperienced players to start to PVP. They get a lot of support from group members and are able to contribute to the success of the group far easier than trying to run around on their own. When I started PVPing, I was pretty useless on my own and appreciated learning how to be effective in a group.

Guess what we have in Midyear Mayhem?

Lots of inexperienced players. So, uh, deal with the zerging, or offer to train those new players in your own preferred style?

In short, of course I know those skills are the best zergling tools. That's why I'm telling new and inexperienced PVPers who want to zerg surf to use them.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try not to look like a healer. So don't stand around in the open with restro staff out. And stay in back but still among your allies so it's harder to see who's casting what. Don't try to stand out either, use regular gear costumes and muted or alliance color dyes.

Healers are priority targets, and being alone or apart from the group heavy restro attacking is a neon arrow saying come kill me first.

P.S. Hybrid DPS front bar/Heals back bar set up is preferable in PvP if you are PUGing or planning to get the event achievement title. You only go full heals as part of an organized group, and in that case you probably don't need this guide thread.
    This, you are healing people in front of you just as in an dungeon, stay in the back of the group not to far back however.
    Have an escape option, an khajit nightblade healer who hide and rez groups after being overrun is an hero.
    As in dungeons you also want to do damage, this include sieges, you can use an trebucket and drops heals in rotation.

Simply if you are an PvP noob and an magic build, be an healer.
    Do not queue as healer in dungeons, not even nFG1 unless bis gear and experienced. it makes the queue longer for me :)
    On an more serious note for any magic build having an healing option is nice, it does not has to be serious in healing gear nor cp but simply for the fake healer runs, simply an leveled healing staff for the weapon set is enough.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.