Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where is Dagoth Ur?

Aideian
Aideian
✭✭✭
So apparently Dagoth Ur is supposed to be held up in Red Mountain during the events of eso, the question is where is he held up at? My first thought would be of course forgotten wastes because that's where is fallen house resides yet there is no sign of him and I feel it would be guarded way more than that if he was there.
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the place that you will never find :P
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    jeedrzej wrote: »
    In the place that you will never find :P

They should at least add where you can find the entrance but have it inaccessible to enter, just to fill our curiosity lol.
  • Elissn
    Elissn
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure he's held up in Red Mountain? From what I remember (and read on UESP) he's dead during the events of eso, with no physical trace left of him.

Once made up a theory of what happened to him.
    Obviously after he died his soul didn't simply move on to Aetherius (or where ever else the dead go). My theory is that he's trapped in Lorkhan's plane of existance which I imagine like a completely empty realm that creates itself from the meomries of those who enter it, since Lorkhan is no longer there to shape it. So Dagoth Ur lives through his past life over and over again which eventually turns him into what we encounter in TES III. Without a body, he can't return to Tamriel but over time he manages to recreate it out of the same material that makes his prison, until he is able to return in 2E 882. The result then is somewhat similar to a Soul Shriven. I guess that might even make sense because as far as I know the Tribunal killed him many times and he always managed to reform and restore himself. Isn't that exactly what a Soul Shriven does?
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's the Godhead dude, he's a God.
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • Alucu
    Alucu
    ✭✭✭
    He's not yet reincarnated during the time of ESO. The tribunal is going to be *** slapped soon enough though, but not yet
    Building communities since 2017

Para los Jugadores Hispanos: LA FUNDACION GM
    For advanced PvE: DRAGON VOID Officer
    For advanced PvP: PROJECT NOVA Member
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    Elissn wrote: »
    Are you sure he's held up in Red Mountain? From what I remember (and read on UESP) he's dead during the events of eso, with no physical trace left of him.

Once made up a theory of what happened to him.
    Obviously after he died his soul didn't simply move on to Aetherius (or where ever else the dead go). My theory is that he's trapped in Lorkhan's plane of existance which I imagine like a completely empty realm that creates itself from the meomries of those who enter it, since Lorkhan is no longer there to shape it. So Dagoth Ur lives through his past life over and over again which eventually turns him into what we encounter in TES III. Without a body, he can't return to Tamriel but over time he manages to recreate it out of the same material that makes his prison, until he is able to return in 2E 882. The result then is somewhat similar to a Soul Shriven. I guess that might even make sense because as far as I know the Tribunal killed him many times and he always managed to reform and restore himself. Isn't that exactly what a Soul Shriven does?

That's a possibility but after he died which is never confirmed, the tribunal just assumed he was, he still had a connection to the heart which I believe he had to be somewhat close to it to get it's power and later when he shows himself or is reborn its at red mountain too along with his house. Since he still had connections to the heart I would assume that's how he recreated himself if he was ever dead in the first place. Soul shriven has their own creation process which uses that blue slime you see in coldharbour and where did you read the tribunal fought him many times and he came back multiple times? If I recall they never fought him because he would just be revived by the heart and they had to maintain the ghost fence so his minions wouldn't invade.
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    Alucu wrote: »
    He's not yet reincarnated during the time of ESO. The tribunal is going to be *** slapped soon enough though, but not yet
    Claudman wrote: »

He's not a god yet in the events of eso
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shhhh he's taking a nap
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aideian wrote: »

you take that blasphemy back

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

• Elissn
    Elissn
    ✭✭✭
    That's a possibility but after he died which is never confirmed, the tribunal just assumed he was, he still had a connection to the heart which I believe he had to be somewhat close to it to get it's power and later when he shows himself or is reborn its at red mountain too along with his house. Since he still had connections to the heart I would assume that's how he recreated himself if he was ever dead in the first place. Soul shriven has their own creation process which uses that blue slime you see in coldharbour
    I thought that his connection to the heart is what brought him to Lorkhan's plane. Well, we don't know if such a place actually exists. If it did it would probably have it's own chaotic creatia. Of course Dagoth Ur is not a Soul Shriven but maybe a bit similar.
    and where did you read the tribunal fought him many times and he came back multiple times? If I recall they never fought him because he would just be revived by the heart and they had to maintain the ghost fence so his minions wouldn't invade.
    I think some NPC's in Morrowind say something like that when you ask them about Ghostgate. I'll check next time I play. But I also found it here, in the History paragraph. "In the years that followed, while Dagoth Ur attempted to spread Corprus disease and the Blight throughout Vvardenfell from his fortress in the crater of Red Mountain, the Tribunal launched intermittent campaigns against the fortress, seeking to force access to the Heart Chamber. While some of these campaigns were successful, and Dagoth Ur and his kin were slain, the Heart always revived them in time."
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    Elissn wrote: »
    That's a possibility but after he died which is never confirmed, the tribunal just assumed he was, he still had a connection to the heart which I believe he had to be somewhat close to it to get it's power and later when he shows himself or is reborn its at red mountain too along with his house. Since he still had connections to the heart I would assume that's how he recreated himself if he was ever dead in the first place. Soul shriven has their own creation process which uses that blue slime you see in coldharbour
    I thought that his connection to the heart is what brought him to Lorkhan's plane. Well, we don't know if such a place actually exists. If it did it would probably have it's own chaotic creatia. Of course Dagoth Ur is not a Soul Shriven but maybe a bit similar.
    and where did you read the tribunal fought him many times and he came back multiple times? If I recall they never fought him because he would just be revived by the heart and they had to maintain the ghost fence so his minions wouldn't invade.
    I think some NPC's in Morrowind say something like that when you ask them about Ghostgate. I'll check next time I play. But I also found it here, in the History paragraph. "In the years that followed, while Dagoth Ur attempted to spread Corprus disease and the Blight throughout Vvardenfell from his fortress in the crater of Red Mountain, the Tribunal launched intermittent campaigns against the fortress, seeking to force access to the Heart Chamber. While some of these campaigns were successful, and Dagoth Ur and his kin were slain, the Heart always revived them in time."

I read another article where it said they never lead an assault because it would of been pointless because like that article said he would of just got revived over and over but then again it is wiki so not all of it is legit info but i would trust a npc in a game than the wiki lol. I always thought there was a plane in the heart itself and that's where the dwemer resid that was always my theory with the dwemer disappearance but that's for a different topic.
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭

you take that blasphemy back

No blasphemy here I prefer Dagoths ideology over the tribunals.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the War of the First Council ended with the Battle of Red Mountain (c. 1E 700), Dagoth Ur was thought to have been killed, but since he has used Kagrenac's Tools on the Heart, he was not truly dead. During the time of ESO (2E 582), Dagoth Ur is still "dead" (read - "dreaming") in the depths of Red Mountain, likely somewhere near the Heart Chamber. He will not reawaken until 2E 882, at which point he will strengthen his connection to the Heart. Since the Heart Chamber is at the centre of Red Mountain, it is not accessible in ESO, as it is under the crater.
    d3ilw3z61lce.png
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on January 23, 2019 4:55PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth Ur will awaken 300 years after initial events of ESO. At least officially, when he attacked Tribunal. Same "officially" was when Rich was trolling me on twitch saying that how can Sixth House be in Morrowind Chapter when "officially" it not exist. However we know that as soon as Vivec was started to loose powers Red Mountain was starting to erupting and Sixth House was becoming more active. Zos even made it as unique epilogue quest (if you didn't done "Echoes of Fallen House" before finishing main quest) after you completing main quest, that tie ESO with following events of TES 3. And we remember what caused Therana to trade her soul for live energy and what her nightmares were about - "The Sharmat ... lurking. Waiting. Curses beneath the mountain.." <-- this, along with very first main quest that was hinting on Vivec suspicions that it might be Dagoth Ur responsible for his loss of powers, is questioning when Dagoth Ur actually will awake....

Hopefully, same as dragons in Elsweyr that zos were saying we wont see in eso coz none around at this timeline, we will see something related to Sixth House and Red Mountain as some sort of dlc, either dungeon dlc or trial of roaming to Red Mountain. Especially since from lore books like "Death blow of Abernanit" or "Poison Song I-IV" we know that there was serious clash between remains of House Dagoth and Tribunal on Vvardenfell. Even quest in Forgotten Wastes showed how Sixth House already started to gather power for fight and we know that what you did there to stop it wont have effect.

Well, even ZOS in their side sites articles pre-Morrowind were saying things like "place where God is sleeping".

One the best parts of Morrowind Chapter was small but noticeable expand of lore about Sixth House. Quest "Echoes of Fallen House" that was inspired by "Poison Song" lorebooks from tes3, Dagoth Ur was mentioned or hinted several times during quests, including main quest; we already know that high ranked members of cult already experience and spread dreams or that they can call to power of Red Mountain to summon Iron Atronachs - one of the strongest daedra. Even amazing soundtrack "Dark Sanctuary" that was originally written for Forgotten Wastes to ensure its creepy atmosphere and later used as daedric shrines theme.

ZOS just shouldn't leave iconic area - Red Mountain, which taking half of Vvardenfell map, as empty zone, sooner or later they should rework this zone and maybe we will see Dagoth Ur or at least high ranked members of Sixth House cult, maybe even follow up of Echoes of Fallen House quest as we know that Tythis Nirith in the ending of quest is going to find out truth and we know that after realasing that he is Dagoth he will turn just like his sister.
    So, hopefully we will see those dudes around as they look impressive:
    nuare-studio-dogoth-ur.jpg?1523375260alexander-kretov-nuare-studio-handofdagoth-1.jpg?1523195265
    Edited by Cinbri on January 13, 2019 12:38PM
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    [
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Dagoth Ur will awaken 300 years after initial events of ESO. At least officially, when he attacked Tribunal. Same "officially" was when Rich was trolling me on twitch saying that how can Sixth House be in Morrowind Chapter when "officially" it not exist. However we know that as soon as Vivec was started to loose powers Red Mountain was starting to erupting and Sixth House was becoming more active. Zos even made it as unique epilogue quest (if you didn't done "Echoes of Fallen House" before finishing main quest) after you completing main quest, that tie ESO with following events of TES 3. And we remember what caused Therana to trade her soul for live energy and what her nightmares were about - "The Sharmat ... lurking. Waiting. Curses beneath the mountain.." <-- this, along with very first main quest that was hinting on Vivec suspicions that it might be Dagoth Ur responsible for his loss of powers, is questioning when Dagoth Ur actually will awake....

Hopefully, same as dragons in Elsweyr that zos were saying we wont see in eso coz none around at this timeline, we will see something related to Sixth House and Red Mountain as some sort of dlc, either dungeon dlc or trial of roaming to Red Mountain. Especially since from lore books like "Death blow of Abernanit" or "Poison Song I-IV" we know that there was serious clash between remains of House Dagoth and Tribunal on Vvardenfell. Even quest in Forgotten Wastes showed how Sixth House already started to gather power for fight and we know that what you did there to stop it wont have effect.

Well, even ZOS in their side sites articles pre-Morrowind were saying things like "place where God is sleeping".

One the best parts of Morrowind Chapter was small but noticeable expand of lore about Sixth House. Quest "Echoes of Fallen House" that was inspired by "Poison Song" lorebooks from tes3, Dagoth Ur was mentioned or hinted several times during quests, including main quest; we already know that high ranked members of cult already experience and spread dreams or that they can call to power of Red Mountain to summon Iron Atronachs - one of the strongest daedra. Even amazing soundtrack "Dark Sanctuary" that was originally written for Forgotten Wastes to ensure its creepy atmosphere and later used as daedric shrines theme.

ZOS just shouldn't leave iconic area - Red Mountain, which taking half of Vvardenfell map, as empty zone, sooner or later they should rework this zone and maybe we will see Dagoth Ur or at least high ranked members of Sixth House cult, maybe even follow up of Echoes of Fallen House quest as we know that Tythis Nirith in the ending of quest is going to find out truth and we know that after realasing that he is Dagoth he will turn just like his sister.
    So, hopefully we will see those dudes around as they look impressive:
    nuare-studio-dogoth-ur.jpg?1523375260alexander-kretov-nuare-studio-handofdagoth-1.jpg?1523195265

Honestly dragons in Elsweyr doesn't surprise me saying they have the mythic dawn In eso and it was created by Mankar Camoran who isn't even born yet and the blade of woe shouldn't be in eso either Lucien Lachance from Tes IV said it was a virgin blade never used before as from what we know there is only one blade of woe not multiple. I agree with you they should add red mountain as a visitable site but Knowing Zos they would probably make it a dungeon dlc pack and probably break lore more than they already have but i hope not.
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    After the War of the First Council ended with the Battle of Red Mountain (c. 1E 700), Dagoth Ur was thought to have been killed, but since he has used Kagrenac's Tools on the Heart, he was not truly dead. During the time of ESO (2E 582), Dagoth Ur is still "dead" (read - "dreaming") in the depths of Red Mountain, likely somewhere near the Heart Chamber. He will not reawaken until 2E 882, at which point he will strengthen his connection to the Heart. Since the Heart Chamber is at the centre of Red Mountain, it is not accessible in ESO, as it is under the crater.
    d3ilw3z61lce.png

There has to be a tunnel entrance or something though right? How else would they get in and it would have to be dwarven made too, they could of at least added that.
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d3ilw3z61lce.png

Blessed Dagoth memes aside, this is true.

• Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d3ilw3z61lce.png

It's already 2E 601. I can't wait.
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    d3ilw3z61lce.png

It was never confirmed that Dagoth Ur ascended coz using tools trusted by Nerevar, and not by slumber near source of divine power for example. Just comfortable Tribunal propaganda trying to paint him as traitor.
    Edited by Cinbri on January 17, 2019 7:43PM
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In the dead city of Red Mountain, dead Dagoth Ur lies dreaming.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To sum it up, Dagoth Ur is somewhere into Dagoth-Ur
    :trollface:

latest?cb=20121215095419

Edited by Ajaxandriel on January 28, 2019 1:20AM
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;