The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Voidstone

kronoso1979b14_ESO
I’m looking for help finding void stone. I can’t find any and asking in chat has yielded no one help. I don’t have really much money in game either. So I can’t afford to pay outlandish fees other players who sit on the game all day can. I am currently at 43 of blacksmithing.

Since my cp is under 250 I can’t get into veteran dungeons. I have to make my own stuff. So I either have to find someone who has voidstone to spare or ask if someone knows an area where I can get a lot of both that and rubedite.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voidstone would drop in the overworld if you are between CP100-CP149 (I believe). It will also drop if you are at Rank 9 in your blacksmithing skill. You need to have the skillpoints assigned. (your first skill line in blacksmithing must be at 9/10) You MUST have one of these two to find it in the "wild"

If you have both, it's guaranteed Voidstone (but since you're probably past CP150, you'll get 1/2 rubidite, 1/2 voidstone, if you're at Rank 9 in blacksmithing).

You can also find it in guild traders. It sells for about 10g a piece in traders, so 2k for a stack of 200, not exactly outlandish! I sell it all the time, since I get it from doing max level writs.
    Edited by tmbrinks on December 19, 2018 2:24PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have plenty of green tempers to spare, you can convert all the zero value CP140 gear you find in the world as a CP160+ into stuff you can break down for materials. Turning it green for breakdown yields decent amounts of voidsteel, etc., as well as style stones and green tempers.

Breaking down stolen CP140 gear also returns materials without requiring the upgrade.
  • kronoso1979b14_ESO
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Voidstone would drop in the overworld if you are between CP100-CP149 (I believe). It will also drop if you are at Rank 9 in your blacksmithing skill. You need to have the skillpoints assigned. (your first skill line in blacksmithing must be at 9/10) You MUST have one of these two to find it in the "wild"

If you have both, it's guaranteed Voidstone (but since you're probably past CP150, you'll get 1/2 rubidite, 1/2 voidstone, if you're at Rank 9 in blacksmithing).

You can also find it in guild traders. It sells for about 10g a piece in traders, so 2k for a stack of 200, not exactly outlandish! I sell it all the time, since I get it from doing max level writs.

I’m not in a guild right now. Ty for the information.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, go thieving, wash it, and decon it. will fuel your writes and push your BS in no time. U can decon it without washing but it yields way less in terms of experience and material.

Just go to elden Root and hit the smith outside by the wayshrine if your not good at thieving cause there are ways to escape and hide from guards there and lots of loot. If your confident go inside the guild halls too lots to be had.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't need to be in a Guild for buying from them.
    Check in Tamriel Trade Center website, I see a lot of Voidstone priced at 4g
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You don't have to be *in* a guild to buy from guild vendors/kiosks.....

EDIT: Excuse the pointless repetition; that's what happens when I don't read all the way to the end of the thread before replying....
    Edited by JKorr on December 21, 2018 2:09PM
  • kronoso1979b14_ESO
    Omzred wrote: »

You don't need to be in a Guild for buying from them.
    Check in Tamriel Trade Center website, I see a lot of Voidstone priced at 4g

Where? I see it from these guild traders for like 1700 for like only 25 sometimes.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kronoso1979b14_ESO what platform are you on? I'm on PC/NA and I'd gladly sell you stacks (200 of them) for 8g each, 1,600 gold for 200 of them. If you're on PC/NA as well.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry too much about using it, which would only be for daily writs, as you'll find better than you can make quite easily. You get more inspiration from deconstructing items than making them, so concentrate on doing that, and you'll soon get yourself up to level 50, and then everything's Rubedite. Deconstructing will also provide some material, so do use it when that happens.

And if you're trying to do it all yourself without guild help, raising that crafting level will be important. You need the CP160 equipment once you're at a level to use it, as the step up is major at that point. If you have to make it for yourself, then you need the skill.