Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Healing/Support Templar Tank PvE Build?

Ohhgrizyyy
Ohhgrizyyy
✭✭✭✭
Any builds that anyone runs/knows of? Templar tank builds seem scarce on YouTube for this patch and the idea of them seems fun to me as I've never been interested in tanking in this game. This would be for almost exclusively 4 man content.
Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty new, but I would recommend a set that boosts your health or resists like plague doctor, fortified brass, or ebon armory, and then combine that with a set that enhances your magicka sustain like magicka furnace or desert rose. That way you can maintain good passive tankiness but still have enough magicka to cast your cleansing rituals and group heal which costs a ton of magicka.

I'm not sure which stat boosts your heals the most between magicka, spell power, or healing... but try to get more power to your heals because other than rune and cleanse your best group support is heals if I'm not mistaken.

Anyone can correct me though, I'm pretty new to tanking and I haven't played a healer tank hybrid yet.
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    If you are going for tank/healer, in order to run 3 DD, then you pretty much need olorime or SPC, as there obviously won't be a healer for it. You could wear ebon with it, to give more health to group, or if they are fine go PD.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thorstienn wrote: »
    If you are going for tank/healer, in order to run 3 DD, then you pretty much need olorime or SPC, as there obviously won't be a healer for it. You could wear ebon with it, to give more health to group, or if they are fine go PD.

I would not recommend Olorime for this build as the templar has the cleans and rune that they would likely use and would place the Olorime rune under their feet, away from damage dealers. Certainly a good idea to provide the courage buff.
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I would not recommend Olorime for this build as the templar has the cleans and rune that they would likely use and would place the Olorime rune under their feet, away from damage dealers. Certainly a good idea to provide the courage buff.

To keep it simple, sure just go with SPC.
    But obviously depends on player skill. I mean if you use shards, you can simply control the proc on CD where ever you want it.
    Overall you make a good point though, depending on player ability.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Thorstienn wrote: »

Olorime is a pretty darn big circle that DDs only have to briefly step in once every 30 seconds. Considering 10 seconds cooldown you will have 3 opportunities to put in a good spot. And even if it happens to be under you it will extend pretty far behind the boss and you just need to be aware of that and tell your DDs to step in and get their Olorime buff.

On the other hand reliably overhealing to proc SPC as a tank/heal hybrid with smaller heals might be more tricky, especially for new players.

More on topic - the ideas presented are solid and something like Earthgore, Olorime, Ebon is a good choice. But tank/heals and tank/DDs all suffer from the same general problem. They have small resource pools and spell/weapon damage leading to weak heals and damage. It is much more reliable to have a DD with off-heals than a tank/heal.
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Earthgore plus your cleansing ritual would be a good combo to explore. But Earthgore isn’t very accessible to a new player.
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tried that kind of set up with my templar and my warden. Chose warden for healtank