Has the TTK ratio gone up or down in PvP in the past year ?

WeylandLabs
WeylandLabs
✭✭✭✭✭
I want to come back to play ESO but seems like skilled theorycrafting per situation is being punished. As too players wanting more sets, abilities or more resources to stay alive longer. With that said why I quit before is players are wanting this awkward style of 100% of pure resource fighting, ("Who can press the series of keys or buttons faster and longer than the other person") not a real or fun method playing.

As the game is over 4+ years old, the TTK ratio should have went down a bit.
Unless there is still a trend of players wanting to just troll and stay alive as long as possible.

How was Thoerycrafting punished you ask ?

Imo - Theorycrafting was punished by people running the same overpreforming sets in pvp and underutilized sets not being recognized or fixed or altered in some way to benefit PvP-PvE.

Example : Healing debuff sets was nerfed to the ground becuase of other sets or abilities to control a fight couldnt counter. Obviously due to dev issues / eso meta money or new player complaints.

Just wanted to touch up and get your thoughts of where it's at today and is it worth coming back ? Or wait for Cyberpunk - and other legit balanced games that are coming out. 👌 Thanks ... 👍

Best Answers

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect that many skilled PVPers prefer the style of "who can use their skills the best at the most appropriate times" to the "whose sets proc the most damage/healing" that we got with Summerset (to be fair, that's existed for a while).

Soldier of Anguish was nerfed because it, like the original Sloads, was going to be overused and would essentially require small groups and PUGs to run a dedicated healer or have it constantly proccing against them. Random BG groups especially would be SOL.

If you want a "legit" balanced game, I wouldnt look to ESO PVP. ESO struggles to balance CP Cyrodiil and No CP Cyrodiil with their groups of 24 players and Battlegrounds once you add in the fact that the Devs change the meta with every update and insist on adding new proc sets.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve fought you on PS4 NA. You often abused broken sets like Fasaas and Troll king and relied less on skill and more on broken sets/mechanics then a typical player.

And you still lose.
    Edited by templesus on January 8, 2019 11:49PM
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    I’ve fought you on PS4 NA. You often abused broken sets like Fasaas and Troll king and relied less on skill and more on broken sets/mechanics then a typical player.

And you still lose.

giphy.gif
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have a set of tools you can use (race, class, abilities, mundus stones, gear sets, potions, glyphs), and, you go out in to cyrodiil to have fun...

the range of player types and skills is pretty large...some people are really lethal killing machines, some players can tank for ever and ever...

by and large though - most people are just average :p

if you enjoy eso pvp...just enjoy it...if you don't (for a very wide range of possible reasons), try to find something which you do enjoy...

it's funny, i haven't played a bunch of pvp oriented games (call of duty, rdr2 online, and eso is about it) - but, probably the "most" balanced is fortnite - simply because everyone has the same exact build...and, sadly enough the person with the coolest skin doesn't always win...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And you still lose.

Chances are if you beat me good for you. Good Thoerycrafting and a understanding my class is what I did.

So you stated I abused sets such as fassalas was that - fassalas 15,16 or 17,18 ? I really don't get it everyone had access to every set especially fassalas. Hell I even switched it up after talking to @PrinceFabious "Not on Console" becuase his old build was too insane on console after I destroyed everyone except magplars.

I never ran Troll King I was a debuff super dot Stam Sorc, after everybody cried about @PrinceFabious build. It got nerfed then I stepped up to set the meta for a trash talker on PC @Blobsky about how us console players couldn't thoerycraft and constantly complain about Stam Sorcs.

So I created...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/359042/p-m-s-build-stam-sorc/p1

As a compliment to @PrinceFabious . You have to understand this game isn't skilled, or it would be an Esport, the only skilled thing in this game is who can find the most OP shhh. But it's always funny to see the players that had to switch magplar or build a class or switch sets, skills, cp to fight me. For you the day you beat Shokasegambit was set in your mind forever. For me it was it was probley testing sets on a Tuesday
    After Q3 17".

But giving your name is @templesus that that doesn't surprise me. I might know who you are, but even if you said my most hated enemy in ESO. I could still care less, I'm making too much money in my Blockchain Tech investments care about what players think feel or say. But I will say... Thoerycrafting did help me understand day trading, and Blockchain Tech infrastructure investments I'd look into.

If you exposed me in the game good for you 👌 Now save some damn money and invest. Opportunities are everywhere, the economy will stabilize in but start to get a lot worse later 2019 so my only advice to you is.... Play eso stack chips, learn Blockchain and invest.

Your welcome... this comment was TMI lol 😂

Wait idk who you even are, didnt play for 4 months and strongly believe stamsorc to still be a toptier easymode lol
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are plenty of viable build options. So in that regard theory crafting is in a really good place. Most people are afraid to die though, and that has caused many to build overly tanky.
    PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
    Options
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    There are plenty of viable build options. So in that regard theory crafting is in a really good place. Most people are afraid to die though, and that has caused many to build overly tanky.

Can you define tanky builds ? Not sets but abilities or stats ?
    Options
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What makes a build tanky is the sets, not abilities or stats.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't play clutch points pvp if you want a fast time to kill
    Options
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭

By tanky build I assume some1 with more than 30k health / 25k resistance / less than 3k of wd/sd and 35k mag/Stam... Resulting in less damage overall and more survivability, dependant to stack group damage to kill specific targets or to zerg down groups...
    Edited by Vesper_BR on January 8, 2019 9:21PM
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
    Options
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vesper_BR wrote: »

By tanky build I assume some1 with more than 30k health / 25k resistance / less than 3k of wd/sd and 35k mag/Stam... Resulting in less damage overall and more survivability, dependant to stack group damage to kill specific targets or to zerg down groups...

Yeah except I would leave out the "less than 3k of wd/sd," as some of these builds can get past 3k with those stats (maybe sacrificing a bit of resource stat)
    PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
    Options
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no more risk vs reward it's all who has the keep up best rotation the longest ? I'm confused by some of the comments as an vet player I missed the risk reward factor of the game.

Everybody had issues with proc sets that's there's no point to build for damage or heal debuff or healing or tank it's more focused 100% on resources.and doing a rotation over and over and over and over again.

Seems and feels boring ... but what ever this new generation of players likes. Just needed some info before I give away all my items and gold to somebody. I stay for 1 more dlc and see if it's any better for me.

This game isn't an Esport and Imo- shouldn't be treated as such. The psychology and culture of these new players are baffling, the pve players thinks it's skilled and the pvpers are tricked into thinking there actually good at gaming.

If there is ever is another ESO 2 I really hope it's an not an Esport the creation engine is outdated and Bethesda & ZOM are digging a hole they might not be able to get out of.

My 2 cents, love peace and chicken grease ✌

Thanks for the replies...
    Options
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And you still lose.

Chances are if you beat me good for you. Good Thoerycrafting and a understanding my class is what I did.

So you stated I abused sets such as fassalas was that - fassalas 15,16 or 17,18 ? I really don't get it everyone had access to every set especially fassalas. Hell I even switched it up after talking to @PrinceFabious "Not on Console" becuase his old build was too insane on console after I destroyed everyone except magplars.

I never ran Troll King I was a debuff super dot Stam Sorc, after everybody cried about @PrinceFabious build. It got nerfed then I stepped up to set the meta for a trash talker on PC @Blobsky about how us console players couldn't thoerycraft and constantly complain about Stam Sorcs.

So I created...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/359042/p-m-s-build-stam-sorc/p1

As a compliment to @PrinceFabious . You have to understand this game isn't skilled, or it would be an Esport, the only skilled thing in this game is who can find the most OP shhh. But it's always funny to see the players that had to switch magplar or build a class or switch sets, skills, cp to fight me. For you the day you beat Shokasegambit was set in your mind forever. For me it was it was probley testing sets on a Tuesday
    After Q3 17".

But giving your name is @templesus that that doesn't surprise me. I might know who you are, but even if you said my most hated enemy in ESO. I could still care less, I'm making too much money in my Blockchain Tech investments care about what players think feel or say. But I will say... Thoerycrafting did help me understand day trading, and Blockchain Tech infrastructure investments I'd look into.

If you exposed me in the game good for you 👌 Now save some damn money and invest. Opportunities are everywhere, the economy will stabilize in but start to get a lot worse later 2019 so my only advice to you is.... Play eso stack chips, learn Blockchain and invest.

Options
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And you still lose.

So I created...

After Q3 17".

The thing is, everyone can throw on the most op *** nowadays and be at least average.

Defile, bleed, sloads, trollking, Skoria and much more.

Thats enough to kill most players and feel like a pro player even if your rotation is *** and you just abusing the shh out of these sets.

Sure, some ppl can enjoy this playstyle but mostly are not really respected for doing so. Using sets that just boost your stats like shackle, bone pirate, Hulking Draugr, necro, Bright Throats, bloodspawn etc. Just boost your stat so your skills/rotation hits hard and allow you to sustain your rotation with bash cancel and more. No set doing free damage for your without needing to spend ressources for it. Just everything that happens (damage/healing) is done by you with skill (timing, fast and matching rotation, knowledge about enemy skills/counters). Thats what gets you respect, not throwing some proc sets on and slotting things like bleeding that carries your throught the whole game.
    Options
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Blobsky As I would have cared more about this convo in the earlier days of ESO. I don't really anymore, I watched you on Twitch when you first started streaming. Somewhere within 6 months you became kinda ignorant and cocky to other peoples abilities to thoerycraft. I started playing Stam Sorc on console, mid 2015 becuase nobody was one. Back before we had extra benefits to the class, I suffered through the early patches of ESO to find guidance with @PrinceFabious . As he had access to other things I didn't at the time.

So to say it was easy mode - I'd say maybe, but due to the countless deaths I had before becuase of no real identity to the class I deserved it. It no doubt it was "Easymode" but it was players like @PrinceFabious on PC and myself on console you say as such. You lost to our builds becuase of your arrogance in your class. Say what you want, I might not be popular in ESO or Youtuber or streamer, but it was great to see our builds kill players like you.

I would gladly give another build if I had time to play. But at this time im currently day trading. @Blobsky I don't hate you or anybody, or take ESO that serious anymore. ESO isn't an Esport and i currently compare serious eso players to Esport failures, or gamers with mental instability.

But I will say look into investing into Blockchain tech, the more our community grows the richer we become. And no I'm not talking about buying crytpo currency. There are other ways to make a lot of 🧀 without investing in that. I'm give everyone a hint " infrastructure "

I'm out ... 👍
    Edited by WeylandLabs on January 10, 2019 4:23PM
    Options