Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

CC in battlegrounds is over the top

s.barker1990b16_ESO
having a break bar that works off stamina is a stupid as hell idea as well to try and combat it.. If i am not flying through the air, I am frozen to the floor. Really irritating. taking the fun out of the game.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snare Root meta is King.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like this may be a general issue with the way the combat is designed. Everything is jsut about throwing CCs left right and center, then to combat that a bunch of counter CC is in the game, and suddenly you have a PVP system more about cheesing damage windows and CC than about consistent skill or build quality.

Compare this to something like WoW, a dead game that at least once had a large competitive arena scene. CC is a very limited and important resource, as is counter CC like walling, interrupts or trinket. They strictly limited these abilities to make sure the fighting wasnt just spamming *** like a 2 year old who just *** their nappy. Not that wow isnt a dead and/or *** game now, but once...
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its the only way to beat these OP WW groups.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, its clearly less effective in BGs, but it only takes a few duels in the world to see that the overwhelming PVP strategy is some kind of *** involving block cancelling and a CC to stack as much damage as possible into one combo.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. It’s clearly less effective in BGs.

Clearly.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Yes. It’s clearly less effective in BGs.

Clearly.

Well, its *** awful in PVP, but its most noticeable and more carefully timed in dueling imo.
  • Sy1ph5
    Sy1ph5
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try better positioning ,a different build, and better stamina management.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sy1ph5 wrote: »
    Try better positioning ,a different build, and better stamina management.

Ah, the old "you suck, this isnt a problem" argument.

Close your eyes and pretend like the vast majority of the community (at-least on the forums) isn't begging ZOS to change their design direction in regards to this.
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    @s.barker1990b16_ESO @validifyedneb18_ESO

whats up with your acct names r u botting the forums?
    PCNA

• validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »
    @s.barker1990b16_ESO @validifyedneb18_ESO

whats up with your acct names r u botting the forums?

Dont know how it works these days, but back before launch when you made your account for ESO you got an autogen'd forums account with an autogen name.

I have to right to request a name change but I cba and I can only do it once.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often feel that without the CP reduction to breakfree its harder for magicka characters.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wasn't really a problem util ZOS nerfed mobility to hell and added Time Stop and Permafrost. This is why no one can get excited for any future PvP changes. Because with braindead moves like the one described where you're not just balancing mobility but straight up gutting it, theres no way they play PvP in their own game to any reasonable degree. Thats always been their thing. No changes, just crushing all the best aspect of PvP until no one has the will to even fight them on it anymore.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    I often feel that without the CP reduction to breakfree its harder for magicka characters.

Yes and no, Its more an exercise in restraint and not running. It can be hard but id say stamina builds have a bigger issue when they must be perma stamina drained against CC spammers
  • Sy1ph5
    Sy1ph5
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean I can give you actual advice instead of just trolling you if you just posted your build we could talk more productively about the problem your having.

If you just post a thread where you just seem salty your gonna get trolled.
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna get hate for this, but the CC meta is a hell of a lot better than the speed demon, stamina dominant meta we just had. Mag players finally have some counters to stam builds.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »
    Gonna get hate for this, but the CC meta is a hell of a lot better than the speed demon, stamina dominant meta we just had. Mag players finally have some counters to stam builds.

No such thing as the cc meta, eso has always been plagued with ccs. And mag players get it worse so it’s double edge sword.

• validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No such thing as the cc meta, eso has always been plagued with ccs. And mag players get it worse so it’s double edge sword.

Well atleast in Cyro I remember a time when people would ball up and run around with the destro ultimate. Back then it was less CC heavy, and for all the *** that those balls of death where, they represented a level of tight control in teamwork which is what cyro is all about.

CC is just... You make a build that can hit for 10k, you hit for 10k, you stun, you hit for 10k 2 more times, grats you win. I definitely notice getting CCed and insta-gibbed in group fights now, that almost never happened to me before when I played like a year and a half - two years ago.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well atleast in Cyro I remember a time when people would ball up and run around with the destro ultimate. Back then it was less CC heavy, and for all the *** that those balls of death where, they represented a level of tight control in teamwork which is what cyro is all about.

CC is just... You make a build that can hit for 10k, you hit for 10k, you stun, you hit for 10k 2 more times, grats you win. I definitely notice getting CCed and insta-gibbed in group fights now, that almost never happened to me before when I played like a year and a half - two years ago.

You wasn’t paying attention, if anything ccs have been nerfed over the years more than buffed. At one point you could uppercut people for 10k plus and empower your next hit. Fear has been nerfed, fossilize and pretty much every damage skill that could cc.

Ccs the reason magdk and magblade dominated the dueling scene.

Ball groups in cyrodiil never needed ccs because they’re constantly moving. The only difference now is they’re probably using time stop.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you're using a 2 year old build and expecting those same results now
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only they made a potion that could make you immovable...
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tactic appears to be to drain you of your stamina until you can't move anymore and then throw everything they have at you. My jaw dropped last night when my entire stamina bar depleted without me doing a single dodgeroll or breakfree. I don't know if it was some kind of poison or enchantment but my stamina completely drained (even with food buff) and I couldn't break the CC.

And there was the time I was 1v3 and all of them started spamming fear and snares until I couldn't break free and I died. I couldn't even get a good fight in. Bunch of hacks can't even win a fight they have the numbers in without cheap tricks.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mythic Entertainment, Blizzard, and Trion all learned something years ago--losing control over your character is what MMO players hate the most in pvp. They all scaled down CC over the years, putting long cooldowns on usable cc, reducing it's duration, and also putting cc breaks on long cooldowns. ZOS seems to have done the opposite. In fact, they seem to ignore a whole lot of things developers from other games figured out years ago.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought I made this thread last night. If I didn't, I meant to.