Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official discussion thread for “Get ready for ESO’s Next Big Announcement”

• Fredoric1001
    Fredoric1001
    ✭✭
    The "Dragon" thing is most probably referring to Skyrim, Skyrim is the land of the dragons. So i think we will be able to go to the rest or at least a big part of the rest of the province of skyrim. And there were a clue for this a few months ago, a picture of the "Dark chicken" pet form crown store on a TESO news, which shows us Riverwood in background. But Dragon won't be resurected yet. Alduin wake them in 4E201 (time of TES 5 Skyrim) but there are at least 3 living Dragons in the Second Area, obviously Paarthurnax at High Hrothgar in Skyrim, Vulthuryol at Blackreah in Skyrim too, and Nafaalilargus, the red Dragon, later see in Hammerfell.

But i agree that the color tone of this picture fits not realy with skyrim

But the dragon could also referring to imperial family, despite the Dragon is not the symbol of the empire yet (only since the 3rd Era and the events involving Tiber Septim and Nafaalilargus) Dragon are still linked to the Imperial dynasties and the God Akatosh, emperors are also known as Dragonborn, so maybe it will finaly unlock some part of Cyrodiil, like the Colovian Highlands.

For all this i don't think about Elswey, despite the picture could fit with this, Dragons are not so related to the Khajiits lore. And remeber that the Ka'Po Tun form akaviir are NOT Khajiits. There is no cultural or racial link between them. Confusion is made because of our real world feline spieces but they have two differents origins and culture in the Elder Scrolls lore.

But wait and see ^^
    Edited by Fredoric1001 on January 7, 2019 5:26PM
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have really missed ESO Live these past couple months! Hopefully I won't be at work 😊
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "Dragon" thing is most probably referring to Skyrim, Skyrim is the land of the dragons. So i think we will be able to go to the rest or at least a big part of the rest of the province of skyrim. And there were a clue for this a few months ago, a picture of the "Dark chicken" pet form crown store on a TESO news, which shows us Riverwood in background. But Dragon won't be resurected yet. Alduin wake them in 4E201 (time of TES 5 Skyrim) but there are at least 3 living Dragons in the Second Area, obviously Paarthurnax at High Hrothgar in Skyrim, Vulthuryol at Blackreah in Skyrim too, and Nafaalilargus, the red Dragon, later see in Hammerfell.

But i agree that the color tone of this picture fits not realy with skyrim

But the dragon could also referring to imperial family, despite the Dragon is not the symbol of the empire yet (only since the 3rd Era and the events involving Tiber Septim and Nafaalilargus) Dragon are still linked to the Imperial dynasties and the God Akatosh, emperors are also known as Dragonborn, so maybe it will finaly unlock some part of Cyrodiil, like the Colovian Highlands.

For all this i don't think about Elswey, despite the picture could fit with this, Dragons are not so related to the Khajiits lore. And remeber that the Ka'Po Tun form akaviir are NOT Khajiits. There is no cultural or racial link between them. Confusion is made because of our real world feline spieces but they have two differents origins and culture in the Elder Scrolls lore.

But wait and see ^^

Personally, as someone who loves dragons, I would love to see Nafaalilargus appear in ESO. And Nafaalilargus is still alive during ESO, this is true. However, the next chapter is pretty much confirmed to be Elsweyr at this point. In addition, Nafaalilargus was known to have helped King Casimir II of Wayrest in 2E 369 before helping Tiber Septim during his reign, which started 2E 854. Between these two dates, there's nothing that indicates where Nafaalilargus is during this time. And since he has constantly allied himself with mortals, it's entirely possible that he could end up helping the Khajiit of Elsweyr. So he COULD be hiding in Elsweyr during this timeframe.
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on January 7, 2019 8:06PM
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    Super hype for the necromancer, but also super worried on how the pet will be managed based on how they 'work' currently.
    One good idea will be to add a behavior bar for the pet, to be able to set an aggressive/passive response, but also mainly to send them attack or take them back.
    BUT is it possible to do that on a console??? second things that worry me...
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is a necro class please please give us ability to change class i would gladly pay 3k crowns to change the class then to start a brand new.

Why not just sell max level characters with all skills leveled and skyshards unlocked

Because its never about leveling up its about loosing the name of my main character , in 2016 i got the limited ed and created my character as soon as possible to get the name "Forsaken Sin" ( yes i lack imagination) and this was the only character i always play with and all i ask for ability to change him to what i always wanted a necro if your concern about VMSA titles ect take them away i can get those back but i can't get the same character.
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aYyXwek.gif
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    aYyXwek.gif
    “Bring back my dragons”
    Insert Ru Paul pls😉
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    995cca336e61a5f25928270de5ca8a65.jpg

The cat's out of bag!

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article “Get ready for ESO’s Next Big Announcement”. Find out how you can learn about the upcoming ESO Chapter and what's coming to the game in 2019 in this article.

Cat's out of the bag, indeed... giphy.gif

Oh, and ZOS has a new Dev who has been hard at work on the chapter... ;)
    W5eUAwr.gif
    *squealing at the endless kitten box*
    But also, Hot Pepper guar!! ;)
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Leocaran
    Leocaran
    ✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Weird thing to focus on, but does anyone know what the background of that image is supposed to be? Looks like someone photoshopped a rock to look like an intrusion of iron-bearing mineral into concrete or something. And I NEED to know the significance of it!!! D:
    It's a rock partly under sand.
  • Tlania
    Tlania
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno maybe some feedback to your customers on several major issues a lot of people are passionate about this game and hate seeing basic stuff ruining the experience for them and no official feedback gives us a sense of been ignored.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Weird thing to focus on, but does anyone know what the background of that image is supposed to be? Looks like someone photoshopped a rock to look like an intrusion of iron-bearing mineral into concrete or something. And I NEED to know the significance of it!!! D:

I'm going to second that it looks like a fossil.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The background image looks like an eroded rock wall that someone plastered over at some point long, long ago. So long ago in fact that the plaster has now been partly eroded away as well. To me the thing that stands out most on that image are the scratch marks. If it was only an Elsweyr chapter then I'd just blame the cats, as usual. But there are dragon(s) there too. So, who knows? I guess we'll find out eventually.
    PC EU
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The background image looks like an eroded rock wall that someone plastered over at some point long, long ago. So long ago in fact that the plaster has now been partly eroded away as well. To me the thing that stands out most on that image are the scratch marks. If it was only an Elsweyr chapter then I'd just blame the cats, as usual. But there are dragon(s) there too. So, who knows? I guess we'll find out eventually.

To this one the background image looks like a view of a landscape from above. Perhaps the kind a dragon might see if it flew over a place with warm sands? Perhaps part of the map?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pls
    don't
    nerf
    anything
    too much ! !

And pls don’t butcher the rest of our classes to hand those skills and passives over to a new one! <3:#:s
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

To this one the background image looks like a view of a landscape from above. Perhaps the kind a dragon might see if it flew over a place with warm sands? Perhaps part of the map?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

That's what I thought too, until I magnified the picture and spotted this big scratch in the top left hand corner. It cuts across both surfaces...

t4vLibT.jpg

PC EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

That's what I thought too, until I magnified the picture and spotted this big scratch in the top left hand corner. It cuts across both surfaces...

t4vLibT.jpg

That looks like an uneven layer of sand/sandstone over an uneven layer of rock, to me.
    Edited by Elsonso on January 9, 2019 2:07PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

t4vLibT.jpg

That looks like an uneven layer of sand/sandstone over an uneven layer of rock, to me.

Looks like a scratched wall to me. Walls and Dragons have history.
    PC EU
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is the dragon going to finally fix the lag?
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delsskia wrote: »
    Is the dragon going to finally fix the lag?

If the dragons have to rely on a timely server response to stay in-flight we'll see a lot of dead crashed dragons littering the landscape ...
    rolleyes.gif

Edited by SirAndy on January 9, 2019 8:06PM
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait for the 15th...the mass speculation on the forum is giving me a splitting headache.
  • Deepblue962
    Deepblue962
    ✭✭
    From the Tales of Tamriel, Book II: The Lore - Varieties of Faith: The Khajiit

"The Eight - Alkosh (Dragon King of Cats):

Pre-ri"Datta Dynasty Anequinine diety. A variation of the Aldmeri Auri-El,... … and he still enjoys immense popularity in Elsweyr's wasteland regions. He is depicted as a fearsome dragon, a creature the Khajiit say 'is just a real big cat.' He repelled an Early Aldmeri pogrom of Pelinal Whitestrake during mythic times."

Just an arrow in the dark this one thinks...

Deepblue
    Edited by Deepblue962 on January 10, 2019 2:44PM
  • Sinlar
    Sinlar
    ✭✭✭
    This one awaits with great interest to see how these events will unfold.
    There are certain ET-ADA who will be somewhat ...upset, about necromancers running wholesale over Nirn.

Sinlar also knows very, very well to never trust the intentions of Abnur Tharn, except as they relate to the benefit of Abnur Tharn.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bet is on Necron and north to Firewatch.
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they'll do the racial passives rework before they release the new class.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am disappointed that the "powers that be" have decided that Twitch is the place to announce this. I don't have Twitch, don't want it, and am ticked that they seem to be blackmailing people into requiring it. I have been here since Beta, I know no biggie, faithfully subscribed paying my money ever month. Does Bethesda own Twitch, and am trying to drum up business for it? This blackmail is an insult .

You clearly do not understand what "blackmail" means. If you are going to be hyperbolic, at least understand word definitions. Or maybe they really did dig up dirt about you and threaten to make it public if you don't watch.

What are you expecting, anyway? Do you want them to develop their own streaming platform? Of course they are using a 3rd party streaming platform that can handle load.
  • EphemeraCrawford
    EphemeraCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the Tales of Tamriel, Book II: The Lore - Varieties of Faith: The Khajiit

"The Eight - Alkosh (Dragon King of Cats): ... He is depicted as a fearsome dragon, a creature the Khajiit say 'is just a real big cat.' "

Imagine this quote read by Razum Dar. B)

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <3 THE SANDS OF FREAKIN ELSWEYR <3
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What about the console players ? :/
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »

We continue being treated like red head step children they do not love or care about only tolerate for our money.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    ccfeeling wrote: »

We continue being treated like red head step children they do not love or care about only tolerate for our money.

The concurrent viewer awards are for consoles also.