Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Fight for Your Alliance During the Midyear Mayhem PvP Event!"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
067abb420f58b739d4ccdf2301946c1a.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "Fight for your Alliance (or yourself) during the Midyear Mayhem PvP event!" blog article.

March into Cyrodiil and the Battlegrounds to contend with your fellow players during the action-packed Midyear Mayhem encore event. Learn about how you can earn double XP, Alliance Points, and additional rewards right here!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    PSA: We identified an issue where Event Tickets and rewards will not display properly in the rewards UI, but they will be automatically added to your inventory even if you don’t see them in the quest reward UI upon completing the quest. We have a fix scheduled for this on January 15th.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, should we discuss the event, or discuss the fact that ZoS already knows it’s bugged?
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But will Event Tickets be visible (added) in the currency tab in our inventory?
    Edited by Tyrion87 on January 8, 2019 3:21PM
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be the last Mayhem?
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    brace-yourselves-dat-lag-is-coming.jpg
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why is it only 11 days where New life Festivals was over 20?

Why have rewards for the worthy End of Campaigns rewards still the old Jewelry and now the event keeps old jewelry.

Why do I always feel PvP players get shafted for events?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very pleased to see that we can obtain Event Tickets from Battlegrounds quests now, which was not true on the PTS.

Event Tickets obtained from:
    Battleground quests from Battlemaster Rivyn
    Scouting, Bounty, Battle, Warfront, and Conquest Missions
    Elder Scroll capture and recapture quests
    Town quests in Vlastarus, Bruma, Cropsford, Cheydinhal, and Chorrol

PVE players wanting to obtain Event Tickets, technically you don't have to PVP. There are ways to complete those quests with minimal risk and not killing players. However, all of Cyrodiil is a PVP enabled zone, so please prepare for PVP. Dont show up in a PVP enabled zone and complain when you get killed.

Tips:
    Wear Impenetrable trait Gear - this gives you crit resistance so you don't melt like those PVE monsters you fight against. Impen gear is usually pretty cheap to buy from guilds, and the PVE portions of the Cyrodiil quests are really easy. You don't need top-notch PVE gear because the real threat is from other players.
    Get tanky. Having extra health will help keep you alive in a fight and gives you a little extra forgiveness when you make mistakes. It also makes you less of an obvious target for gankers who often look for low health, squishy targets.
    If you get in a fight, be proactive with your self-heals and your defense. If you let yourself fall into execute range, by the time you think about healing yourself, its too late against a good opponent. So keep the heals/defense going before you need it.
    Save your ultimate for players. Players are far more dangerous than the NPCs, so save your big guns for them.
    Be sneaky. Bring invisibility pots and use them to avoid other players. If you sneak, use line of sight.
    Group up. PVP is a lot more fun in a group and its a lot more forgiving when you've got other people to watch your back.
    Do the first Allaince War quest (training behind your Cyrodiil gates) and unlock Rapid Manuevers to get increase mount speed.

When you die:
    Everyone dies in PVP. Even the good players die a lot. Try not to worry about it, rez up at the nearest keep, and ride back to your objective. Believe me, I know it sucks if you have to ride a long way since I've done it for fishing and skyshards, but its not that bad if you keep a good attitude about it or at least keep your mind on how much you'll enjoy that Dawnwood Indriik.
    Bring a fast horse if you have one. Cyrodiil is a big place and there's a lot of riding, especially if you die or go for a far away resource quest or are trying to keep up with your group.
    If someone is camping your quest point and killing you over and over again, don't bang your head into a wall. Either find a different quest point, or call out in Zone chat for members of your alliance to go kill the camper - chances are some of the PVPers will think that's a fun idea and go clear the town for you.
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 8, 2019 3:33PM
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Will be the last Mayhem?

No. It says at the end of the article that the event will also come back later this year. ;)
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • nuvak
    nuvak
    ✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

That's why you get two tickets a day. The Undaunted event was even shorter. New life was during holidays, with many people not being able to play for at least some days.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The very reason why PvP is dying and factions are pretty much pointless... Any one remembers the times when campaigns were alliance - locked ? No ball group AP farmers, no faction hoppers, no re-logers, no scroll stealing exploits... every one was fighting for their own alliance and for its Victory in the campaign.... Good old times

• MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay! I can earn event tickets in BGs. No Cryoland.... good news, thank you!
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be great if these PvP events attracted players who don't usually PvP and give them an experience so good that they want to continue playing in Cyrodiil after the event ends.

But players on Thursday will be introduced to lag, load screens every time they walk more than a few feet, and being stuck in combat (unable to mount or travel) for 10 minutes or longer after the end of a fight.

I've always looked at PvP events as a bit like an Open House. If you're selling your home, you clean it up and try to make it appealing before you let people inside.

I'm not sure if PC is experiencing the issues we are on console, but PvP has been pretty miserable for weeks because of the random load screens and in-combat bugs. You'll hit load-screens mid fight, multiple load screens just riding in open country between keeps, even while travelling around the walls in an empty keep. You can be stuck in combat for 15 minutes or more after all fighting ends.

I guess I just don't understand why a little time can't be spent polishing Cyrodiil and making it work correctly before inviting players to try it out. It would help the PvP population a lot if the experience was so good that people actually wanted to stay after the event is over.
    PS4NA
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why have rewards for the worthy End of Campaigns rewards still the old Jewelry and now the event keeps old jewelry.

New Life Festival also gave 1 ticket per day, while Midyear Mayhem gives 2 per day.

Midyear Mayhem is normally shorter, this summer's ran from July 26th to August 6th. Also, it generates a lot of AP currency, so ZOS probably wants to limit the extreme inflation.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smashing time! I should have got off my butt and finished leveling my DK over the holidays.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mostly because our event makes the thing we love to do unplayable.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Maybe I just missed it in the news article, but are there plans to open several additional campaigns like in years past?
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Maybe I just missed it in the news article, but are there plans to open several additional campaigns like in years past?

And if there are, please remember to turn on the Emperorship for the new campaigns, unlike last event.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

New Life Festival also gave 1 ticket per day, while Midyear Mayhem gives 2 per day.

Midyear Mayhem is normally shorter, this summer's ran from July 26th to August 6th. Also, it generates a lot of AP currency, so ZOS probably wants to limit the extreme inflation.

So the PVP event is justified as being shorter because it gives some more tickets towards a mount?

• nuvak
    nuvak
    ✭✭✭
    No, it has a quite average length for an event, you're just comparing it with the longest event we had.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let the battle begin!
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So the PVP event is justified as being shorter because it gives some more tickets towards a mount?

No...

Its justified because that's about the same amount of time is was the last time we had Midyear Mayhem. And there's currency reasons for it to always have been a little shorter.

Finally, its not like we are missing out on anything from the shorter duration. 2 Event tickets per day and tons of opportunities to earn reward boxes, unlike New Life which has a daily maximum of rewards. I dont know about you, but my inbox and inventory gets flooded with the Midyear Mayhem reward boxes every time I play Cyrodiil.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not all events are the same duration. Plus, you get 2 event tickets per day instead of just one during NL. Also, NL is during the winter holidays, where a lot more players are traveling and aren't able to play.

ETA: PvPers are getting TWO Midyear Mayhems this year, plus I believe there will be an Imperial City anniversary event.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 8, 2019 5:30PM
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We will get the event twice this year = 24 days where New Life only got 21 days. I'm pretty happy about this!
    Let's get ready to ruummmmbleeee >:)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyway to get the AP buff without the XP buff? Can you cancel that part via character?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Anyway to get the AP buff without the XP buff? Can you cancel that part via character?

Want to make sure your stay in Under 50 campaign lasts as long as possible?

I've never participated in the MYM event, but if it shows up as two separate character buffs then you might be able to remove just a single (XP) effect. Worth a try anyway.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭

The very reason why PvP is dying and factions are pretty much pointless... Any one remembers the times when campaigns were alliance - locked ? No ball group AP farmers, no faction hoppers, no re-logers, no scroll stealing exploits... every one was fighting for their own alliance and for its Victory in the campaign.... Good old times

I like your idea but technically even then you could get another alliance toon in using group queue and leaving them in the campaign. It is how I maintained Crack Wood Cave as a good grind spot.
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
    RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
    Game: @TalosSeptim
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »
    Yay! I can earn event tickets in BGs. No Cryoland.... good news, thank you!

Cryoland... A land of Ice and Snow. Don't knock Skyrim. :P (Just kidding, obviously...)
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one confused by the 'Mid year' part of this? Unless it's confused Aussies running things then it's due in July/August. Unless it's 'Bi-Annually Mayhem' which would make more sense.

I ain't knockin' the generosity, but I'll seriously question it during lag at 3pm and 120 queues at 5pm on a Tuesday.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

My question also.

And will it be costly to switch to these new campaigns?
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Junipus wrote: »
    Am I the only one confused by the 'Mid year' part of this? Unless it's confused Aussies running things then it's due in July/August. Unless it's 'Bi-Annually Mayhem' which would make more sense.

I ain't knockin' the generosity, but I'll seriously question it during lag at 3pm and 120 queues at 5pm on a Tuesday.

No, Encore fits perfectly well.