Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Dear John Letter to WoW

scarsreminder80
I wanted to take this single oportunity to say farewell my outdated excuse for a game.

You have long been my companion, but your creators have seen fit to banish you to a realm of inequality and miserable storylines. While we rampaged together through so many countless hours of mayhem, and beat back the horde on more than on occasion, I have to admit, You have become a bore. There is no challenge left in the halls of your greatest champions; No creativity left in your world of never-ending randomness; And no value left to gleam for my 15 bucks a month.

I am done with you now. I have found a new love; A new adventure; A new idea to keep me snuggled up to my computer screen for many years to come. Its name is ESO... Fairwell... WoW.
Edited by scarsreminder80 on April 7, 2014 1:44PM
"In your finest hour.... Who will you become?"
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never 'get' why people feel the need to berate a game they have reached fatigue with, it seems especially to afflict WOW players .. often it seems that they post this sort of thing to try to appear superior to those who are still playing it in the hope their new-found friends will think the better of them for disavowing WOW.

Are you one of those?

Personally I am loving ESO, while at the same time still slaughtering turtles on Timeless Isle, hurling orcs off Helms Deep, exploring forgotten corners of Telara and completing world achievements on Tyria .. not to mention grinding my Relic in Eorzea and still pottering about from time to time leveling Summoner in Vana'diel.
    Edited by KerinKor on April 7, 2014 1:50PM
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @KerinKor‌; I've plated WoW and LOTRO. The fact that I'm not playing them now is more a reflection of the fact that there are not enough hours in the day to play the games I want to play: WoT, WoWP, BF4, Titanfall, etc. I have to pick and choose and now and hopefully for the long term TESO will be one of those.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • p.hurst1b16_ESO
    p.hurst1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Many of us left WoW at some point.

I left after TBC came to a close and WoTLK was released. For two main reasons.

1. The treatment of the Lore in TBC was not very good. No way would Lady V have waited to get mobbed by a raid, she would have slipped away quietly and found something else to do. That was her tendency. But no, Blizzard were running out of ideas and so we had to kill her.

2. It was obvious the changes in WoTLK were going to suit the hardcore and not the casual. I am somewhere in between and have sympathy with both sides. It was the reason I chose WoW over EQ2.

No need to berate the game. Blizzard hauled the genre out of its dark age. It lasted longer than anyone would have expected, therefore it is one of the greatest video games of all time.

I find myself in Tamriel, to welcome in the first 4th gen MMO. I hope it will turn out to be a great game too.
    <Enigmatic Name> Is poaching new guild members again ! Apply on our webby with your CV and proof of identity and we can arrange an interview with a panel of our officers.
  • scarsreminder80
    KerinKor wrote: »
    I never 'get' why people feel the need to berate a game they have reached fatigue with

This thread was not intended berate a game. I played WoW through every expansion, and while I liked it less and less each time, I continued playing it for what it was.

The letter:
    • Reflects the opinions I have of what MY FUTURE choice of gaming holds.
    • States many of the common gripes that WoW players have towards the game.
    • Does all of the above in an entertaining way.
    KerinKor wrote: »
    it seems especially to afflict WOW players .. often it seems that they post this sort of thing to try to appear superior to those who are still playing it in the hope their new-found friends will think the better of them for disavowing WOW.

On the other side of that statement.... one could say that WoW players often get very upset over opinions that reflect negativity towards the game.

Perhaps you are one of those??

Please don't troll a thread that actually makes people laugh when they read it and just accept that one man's opinion isn't wrong if it doesn't agree with yours.
    "In your finest hour.... Who will you become?"