The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Old Helm

BarbarianRogue
I've been looking all over Wrothgar for a quest Associated with this old helm. In my inventory it's listed in supplies and it's not Categorized under collectible or trophy but instead is listed as none.

Does anyone know what the point of this is or where I take it? Is really like to have it out of my already junked up inventory.

Best Answers

• BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been looking all over Wrothgar for a quest Associated with this old helm. In my inventory it's listed in supplies and it's not Categorized under collectible or trophy but instead is listed as none.

Does anyone know what the point of this is or where I take it? Is really like to have it out of my already junked up inventory.

I think it could be this uesp.net/wiki/Online:Corgrak%27s_Cairn
    Just a guess but how many Old Helms can there be?
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
    Answer ✓
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Explore the region west of the Morkul Clanhold, find the orc at the shrine, get to talking, and...
    Answer ✓
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    The quest giver is on a small island south west of morkul strong hold, just head out that way and follow the coast and you'll see him.
    Answer ✓
  • BarbarianRogue
    Thank you all so much. I'm so glad to finally have that out of my inventory.
  • timmayyyboy
    timmayyyboy
    ✭✭
    I have been trying to figure out how to get rid of that [snip] thing lmao thanks bunches

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Brett on January 6, 2016 11:26AM
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BarbarianRogue - It is not the helm required for that quest...

I also have this old helm that you refer to and have already completed the quest they are speaking of..

I also have NO IDEA what to do with that helm..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• bobdrad
    bobdrad
    ✭✭
    The quest giver isn't on an island (maybe he used to be), he's on a peak due southwest of Morkhul. Inland a little bit. Turn it in and you immediately complete the quest.
  • Stella_Artois
    Stella_Artois
    Soul Shriven
    Okay, I know this is a little bit late, but I thought I might clarify some things for newer players who might get confused or in case someone did not know it already.

Yes, the Old Helm is a quest item associated with the quest you all are talking about, but...
    After some digging I found out that you can actually complete this quest in two diffrent ways. If you find the Old Helm before completing this quest, you can immediately turn it in upon talking to Brulak.
    But if you happen to either 1. not find it before completing it or 2. not having it in possession at that time, you will get another quest goal to retrieve the helm by killing some monster in a cave.
    If you complete this quest this way, and did not turn in the Old Helm, you can safely destroy or sell it. It is of no use anymore.

This info is under the notes section on this ESO Wiki page, which has already been mentioned before; https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Corgrak's_Cairn