Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official discussion thread for “Get ready for ESO’s Next Big Announcement”

• Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abnur Tharn >:)
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10pm on a tuesday night uk time, fantastic, some of us have to get up for work in the morning.

When will we have an eso show for your european customers at more suitable time?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Always excited for new content though, will have to watch the recording i guess.
    Edited by Sanctuary_Reaper on January 6, 2019 11:04PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbery as well as imprisonment yes!

Dear Santie @SantieClaws ;

You know just as well as everyone else that this isn't possible. You are protected by your Ambassador Visa.
    Which is also the reason why we took you to the doctor in emergency, and in a bag (instead of the usual coffin).

Please understand that we did our absolute best (for your own good) given the circumstances. We wish you a nice and quick recovery back home.
    And don't worry 'bout dragons : we're quite sure that they're northern, pure Skyrim dragons, and nothing Elsweyrish.

Yours with diplomatic status :) ,

Anita
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Weird thing to focus on, but does anyone know what the background of that image is supposed to be? Looks like someone photoshopped a rock to look like an intrusion of iron-bearing mineral into concrete or something. And I NEED to know the significance of it!!! D:

Looks to me like an element of the "dragon wall" we saw in TES5:Skyrim. The one in the Blades' temple. Don't remember the exact name right now.
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on January 6, 2019 11:28PM
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's so difficult to be excited about new content when so much of the content we already have is facing issues that have been around for years.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F3o7TKqXTQfj2DbtNOU%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaltySudd wrote: »
    It's so difficult to be excited about new content when so much of the content we already have is facing issues that have been around for years.

But if they'd been tackling "old" issues without offering new content, you'd be complaining too, wouldn't you ?
  • cassieinbend_ESO
    cassieinbend_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am disappointed that the "powers that be" have decided that Twitch is the place to announce this. I don't have Twitch, don't want it, and am ticked that they seem to be blackmailing people into requiring it. I have been here since Beta, I know no biggie, faithfully subscribed paying my money ever month. Does Bethesda own Twitch, and am trying to drum up business for it? This blackmail is an insult .
  • dogman
    dogman
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am disappointed that the "powers that be" have decided that Twitch is the place to announce this. I don't have Twitch, don't want it, and am ticked that they seem to be blackmailing people into requiring it. I have been here since Beta, I know no biggie, faithfully subscribed paying my money ever month. Does Bethesda own Twitch, and am trying to drum up business for it? This blackmail is an insult .

Twitch is a free, online Streaming platform. Popular and used by numerous game companies to release their content to the public in a live form, the hell are you on about dude?
    i'm just tryna have a good time
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gah, bad enough wanting to see dragons (or tiger-dragons). Now I want dinos! XP
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on January 7, 2019 2:32AM
  • SiAScORCH
    SiAScORCH
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I ask is that they don't nerf anything.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do realise you don't need a twitch account to watch the stream right?
    You can anonymously watch the stream and be fine.

You only need a twitch account if you want to join in on things like chatting with other viewers, or if you want the free crown boxes they sometimes give out to twitch viewers. For that you'd need a twitch account to link to your ESO account and be logged in.

But if you can live without the free loot, you can just watch the stream anonymous. Just go to https://twitch.tv/bethesda at the stated time and watch the stream. No money, no account, or anything else required. Except maybe a stable enough internet connection for streaming vids, but considering you can play ESO. you'd prob be fine.

So maybe, you're not being blackmailed? Maybe its simply you didn't know you don't need a twitch account to watch a vid there?
    Edited by DBZVelena on January 7, 2019 3:17AM
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • alenae1b14_ESO
    alenae1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I like the looks of The Hot Pepper Bantam Guar pet.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the looks of The Hot Pepper Bantam Guar pet.

So do i, i hope we reach that 70k viewers thing.

Of course there are the twitch drops too.
    And for Europe the stream is in the middle of the night on a tuesday... *shakes head disappointedly*
    Should have done it on a friday, then at least people can sleep in the next day.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    If, what the amazing Team over at UESP Data mined , true, then it will be truly amazing. First Elsweyre, YES, i always wanted to see Khajiits Homeland and then, a whole Year with all releases themed about this Chapter that is called The Season of the Dragons, just amazing. And, the Stream is at 11 pm my Time, nice. Most big Announcements happen to be mostly late at Night, so nice Time.
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless this is being view-botted or is tied to an actual Bethesda event (like at E3) - that concurrent viewer thing is impossible judging by past ESO Lives (only several thousand viewers) and how irrelevant ESO and unpopular is on Twitch.

How are they expecting 55k-90k? That's Fortnite numbers.

v65Chiz.png

Unless they are planning to pay up and sponsor big streamers with tens of thousands of viewers, then maybe.

Edited by Lake on January 7, 2019 6:43AM
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lake wrote: »
    Unless this is being view-botted or is tied to an actual Bethesda event (like at E3) - that concurrent viewer thing is impossible judging by past ESO Lives (only several thousand viewers) and how irrelevant ESO and unpopular is on Twitch.

v65Chiz.png

Unless they are planning to pay up and sponsor big streamers with tens of thousands of viewers, then maybe.

Check official steams, in particular - Summerset announcement stream, please. If I remember correctly, online was hella high that time. Regular streams have average online because themes are not often interesting for everyone in the player base. PvP will watch PvP, PvE will watch PvE and lore-people will watch lore.
    Edited by TiaFrye on January 7, 2019 6:51AM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please ZOS make Elsweyr the physical size it deserves. Elsweyr is the same size as Valenwood, which is 3 zones, so please don't compress into 1 Summerset size zone.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Weird thing to focus on, but does anyone know what the background of that image is supposed to be? Looks like someone photoshopped a rock to look like an intrusion of iron-bearing mineral into concrete or something. And I NEED to know the significance of it!!! D:

It looks a bit like a fossil to me. Maybe dragons are indeed somehow being resurrected.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you fixing game performance and lag ? cause that would be an announcement id be looking for

Might even do a chicken dance for that
  • Flamingfunk
    Flamingfunk
    ✭✭✭

But if they'd been tackling "old" issues without offering new content, you'd be complaining too, wouldn't you ?

To be honest I expect them to do both, it's usually how companies conduct business. I pay for a product and I get what I pay for. If I pay for a membership, I expect that what I already bought is well maintained.
    Edited by Flamingfunk on January 7, 2019 9:47AM
  • upari
    upari
    ✭✭✭
    If there is a necro class please please give us ability to change class i would gladly pay 3k crowns to change the class then to start a brand new.

Why not just sell max level characters with all skills leveled and skyshards unlocked

PAY 2 WIN. Oh that outrage if ZOS would start to sell that
    Edited by upari on January 7, 2019 10:01AM
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The time is nigh!
    1984322_1.jpg
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    995cca336e61a5f25928270de5ca8a65.jpg

The cat's out of bag!

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article “Get ready for ESO’s Next Big Announcement”. Find out how you can learn about the upcoming ESO Chapter and what's coming to the game in 2019 in this article.

Cat's out of the bag, indeed... giphy.gif

Oh, and ZOS has a new Dev who has been hard at work on the chapter... ;)
    W5eUAwr.gif

Ooooohh where can I get a bag like that <3<3
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    995cca336e61a5f25928270de5ca8a65.jpg

The cat's out of bag!

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article “Get ready for ESO’s Next Big Announcement”. Find out how you can learn about the upcoming ESO Chapter and what's coming to the game in 2019 in this article.

Cat's out of the bag, indeed... giphy.gif

Oh, and ZOS has a new Dev who has been hard at work on the chapter... ;)
    W5eUAwr.gif

Ooooohh where can I get a bag like that <3<3

;)
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CATDRAGONS

You forgot Necromancer

CATDRAGONMANCER

-.-
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manimagco
    Manistamco
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

v65Chiz.png

Summerset had like 67k max viewers when they announced it.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

v65Chiz.png

v65Chiz.png

v65Chiz.png

Speaking as a console player I'm sure the numbers could get even higher if we had incentive like PC/MAC users do, but I get it.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, I would be happy that they were finally tackling the issues which have literally been around since the closed beta. It is difficult to enjoy new content when you have to deal with issues that have been around for years.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (delete)
    Edited by Suddwrath on January 7, 2019 4:53PM