Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

So called 'bugged' quests

The_Death_Princess
The_Death_Princess
✭✭✭
Having done the betas and up to middle of the Second area, I wanted to comment to the community about the notion of calling out 'bugged!' as you travel through. While it may appear a quest is bugged, take a moment to stop and ask... Is it really or am I missing something?

Case in point: the green lady quest.
If you listen close, she states 'follow if you can!' Now I applaud the devs for putting in some thought provoking non button mashing moves once in awhile. On my FOURTH try at this (2 beta 2 live) I actually listened and when the cut screen quit the idea popped in my head to follow her. Split second decision (yes honed by years in the wild) and I hit sprint an was off after her!

Needless to say, I was now seeing the scent trail parting around her and I, and we got nearly all they way through Mistral before she vanished (it did seem she was pulling away to - but maybe my endurance had just died) and low and behold there was the abandoned house in view over the cliff side. So, there was the reality, working as intended.

Another one I look forward too was suggested in zone chat. The frog race. Someone suggested that you need 'more' players. Hey that makes sense - 4 baskets 4 in a group. I haven't gotten there to try it, but knowing how they might want to teach grouping, makes sense.

So far I have only seen 1 legitimate quest bug since live (the kneeling priestess) and it was minor. All I had to do was wait/move a little and the invisible mob spawns popped up and it completed (even though moving out of circle made 'fail' pop up).

So Moral: Ask around if you seem stuck. Don't be so quick to race through content, step back take another approach or ask in chat.

And thank you devs. Great roll out so far (beyond too much down time in early access). Stick to your convictions and dont succumb to pressures of the I want end game now community that decades of poor MMO's have trained. ;)
Edited by The_Death_Princess on April 2, 2014 4:05PM
Astaria Dødfurstinna
Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
(Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf
  • Belhawk1
    Belhawk1
    ✭✭
    i can't complete Cutting off the Source quest, the npc is missing and i can't enter the pocket plane. also the Ghost of Westtry is bugged can't listen to the couple talking, the captain and her husband
  • Palmate
    Palmate
    Soul Shriven
    Belhawk1 wrote: »
    i can't complete Cutting off the Source quest, the npc is missing and i can't enter the pocket plane. also the Ghost of Westtry is bugged can't listen to the couple talking, the captain and her husband

have you submitted it through the in game support? I would recommend you do that, I doubt you will get real solutions to bugged quests here.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are several bugged quests where NPCs don't appear or mechanisms fail.

Ghost of Westry is one of them. So is the DC version of the Mages Guild first quest. Sometimes the portal fails to close when commanded.

Both of these are complete blocks.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • DotAwkward
    The frog race seemed actually bugged a few days ago when I first attempted it. I was able to complete it in beta, but not on the live game until a few days ago. That being said, I do agree that there are some bugged quests that aren't actually bugged, but that can be hard to determine when some are legitimately not working.
    Also, logging in and out of the game has worked for me many times to resolve a quest issue.
    Edited by DotAwkward on April 4, 2014 5:50PM
  • lolage
    lolage
    I've found a fair few but the only one that's still broken (fror quite a few people in game, myself included) is the "The Blacksap's Hold" in Grahtwood. NPC doesn't spawn or something. Kinda frustrating but apart from that I'm finding the content is great.
    Edited by lolage on April 4, 2014 5:55PM
  • The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Well I got to the frog race, and nope its a solo. Heh. Now the queen has outlawed the frog abuse! Woot, go go nature gaurdians!

(Yes, huntresses are gaurdians of nature ;) )
    Astaria Dødfurstinna
    Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
    (Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
    Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf