Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC HDR Isn't Working - Please Fix It!

Kaladinar
Kaladinar
✭✭
Zenimax, please fix HDR on PC. Now that it was fixed on consoles, it makes the game look so much better than even the PC version maxed via .ini tweaks.

There is no reason why there should not be HDR support. Several games now support it flawlessly on PC.
Please make PC the definitive version of the game once again.
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should install a reshade. You can make it look WAY better than the HDR option, and it doesn't require an HDR compliant monitor/tv to use.
    Edited by fullheartcontainer on January 6, 2019 8:36AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaladinar wrote: »
    Zenimax, please fix HDR on PC. Now that it was fixed on consoles, it makes the game look so much better than even the PC version maxed via .ini tweaks.

There is no reason why there should not be HDR support. Several games now support it flawlessly on PC.
    Please make PC the definitive version of the game once again.

Hey I'm a fan of HDR, i was vocal about getting it turned back on, but that last line? What's that about...?

Personally think the console experience is more pure.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Kaladinar
    Kaladinar
    ✭✭
    You should install a reshade. You can make it look WAY better than the HDR option, and it doesn't require an HDR compliant monitor/tv to use.

Yeah, no. True HDR allows games (and video content in general) to shine far beyond the limitations of a traditional display thanks to the much higher peak brightness and the wide color gamut that displays a lot more colors than non-HDR TVs or monitors possibly could.

Reshade is a bandaid fix in place of the real deal, nothing more.
  • Kaladinar
    Kaladinar
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE Would it be possible to get a response from the dev team on whether they're planning on properly fixing HDR support on PC? Thanks.
  • Kaladinar
    Kaladinar
    ✭✭
    Is there any hope to see PC HDR support with the new expansion?
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone Verify whether HDR works on PC? Can't seem to get a straight answer. Finally got my HDR monitor, and when I Run ESO, my monitor does not stay in HDR mode.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is NO HDR support on PC for ESO.