The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2.5 hours 10 bgs cant get in a group that can get at least 2nd place

akl77
akl77
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS your bg is extremely unbalanced, why put 3 tank or 3 healer group with a dps that does no dps or afk, all 10 bgs over 2.5 hours cannot get me the daily bonus of having at least a 2nd place.
This is extremely frustrating and unbalanced!
@zos
Pc na
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a randomness when you do not form up your own group to start with and ESO does not have the defined tank/healer/DD roles as some games do. Even in games that have had such a thing I have seen 4 healers grouped together against 4 damage dealers. It is the luck of the draw.
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    ZOS your bg is extremely unbalanced, why put 3 tank or 3 healer group with a dps that does no dps or afk, all 10 bgs over 2.5 hours cannot get me the daily bonus of having at least a 2nd place.
    This is extremely frustrating and unbalanced!
    @zos

There should be no "DDs" no "Healer" nor "Tanks" not in their pure PvE role that's why.

In battleground everyone should be a little bit of a jack of all trades;

DDs are supposed to be harder than usual and to provide at least some sort of self-heals (more than one source of self-healing is usually required)

Healers can exist but they also wants to deal some damage (a few skill swap and equip change can do the job)

For tanks is harder but the thing basically you have to become a DD which deals less damage compared to other but has more resistance.

If you try and tank in a BG you'll notice that, as soon as they notice they deal little damage to you they'll just swap target. If you are less resistant tho they'll keep on hitting you wasting tons of resources, play patient, when you notice damage is becoming less severe it means opponent bar is depleting, time to attack!

If you try and heal you'll soon realize that, as soon as they realize u are an healer, opponents will swoop on you first possibly defiling you

If you are a PvE DD you are bound to get 1-2 shooted.

It's the very same reason for which u use impenetrable on DDs instead of divines, u loose DPS to have more resistance.

Standard Roles could work only in a premade team (I did it a little and was fun too) but if u find another premade you'll be kicked (they'll just ignore tank->kill healer->kill 2 DD or get the DDs focusing all 4 on one then the other, then heal and tank can only run away) while they'r only receving half of the supposed damage since they are 4 and u have 2 ppl who can't deal any damage - especially the PvE tank).

For all other instances it's better to just be a "Gladiator" which can specialize in hitting the hardest the possible, healing allies or getting bashed/controlling the battlefield but they all should be able to kill an opponent in a duel.

And, btw, never try to tank in a non premade, they won't know what you are, they won't know how to get advantage of you (all focus the guys you are rooting/stunning while he's hitting you)
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this does also means you cannot get your team ahead it means you are not that good, sorry.

For the main subject, BG's there way off it is crazy and so not fun anymore. The BG's could be fun but there is to much wrong with it. I liked it but it is now crap 100% horse *** and needs to be brought back to the drawing table to get redesigned.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    Well this does also means you cannot get your team ahead it means you are not that good, sorry.

While I'm the first person to say that BG matchmaking is totally messed up because of premade v pug problems, if you've done 10 battlegrounds and can't get at least second place at least once, I agree that you might be part of the problem.

Try these super basic tips, and do 5 more matches..

Stick with your team. Don't respawn and charge the enemy alone. Don't sprint when you don't need to. Use potions. Use food. Attack the same target as your group mates. Fight on objectives, not between them.

• Abelcher339b14_ESO
    In bgs, even as dps, I try to play supportive dps. High damage, survivablilty, and decent support, mostly off heals/shields with some kind of peel. With this playstyle/build I routinely get 1st. Sometimes you'll get teams that cant even break 400k dps added together, nothing you can do about that, just play your best and learn from it.
  • s.barker1990b16_ESO
    it is because they are all swamped by premades now
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play a selfish build that can carry a team to at-least second place on its own if needed. That's what I do.

Nice thing is it obviously also works even better when you have decent teammates and you're then looking at a solid win.

Even 1 full autisimo premade can completely *** a game though. If you're team of randos cant synergise then you're relegated to ganking the other random group and hope you get lucky with the premade flanking you. But I have won against solid premades with randoms before, takes half the game for us to learn how to best play together, but it happens more often than you think.
    Edited by validifyedneb18_ESO on January 6, 2019 12:17AM
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being a dedicated healer can usually push a team ahead to atleast 2nd. If its capture a objective then a tank could have same effect.