The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Return of the Polar Bear Mount

ESOMark
ESOMark
Was wondering what your thought on maybe bringing back exclusive mounts in the past? I wam hoping Zenimax could bring back the Polar Bear Mount, do you think this would ever happen?
  • ESOMark
    ESOMark
    I was not playing ESO at the time when the Polar Bear was available to buy but I see players all the time with the mount.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never. Gonna. Happen.

Since we have crown crates now where some of the previously released stuff is locked, I am sure that we won't see any limited time offers from the past coming back for direct purchase.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rides around on my snow bear :)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESOMark wrote: »
    Was wondering what your thought on maybe bringing back exclusive mounts in the past? I wam hoping Zenimax could bring back the Polar Bear Mount, do you think this would ever happen?

Crown Crates allow ZOS to re-release stuff like this without making the people who purchased them angry. At least, that is what I took away from the comment.

So, expect them to come back. If you want one, you can gamble for it.

Edit: Just to be clear, this was not an exclusive mount. This was simply a routine Limited Time Offer mount.
    Edited by Elsonso on January 12, 2017 3:50PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Plus also it's a snow bear not polar
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In keeping with what others have said - I doubt it very much.

I have recently asked if I could buy the Priest of the Green costume directly. I had it when playing the game on PS4, and wanted to have it again for my (new) PC characters. This wasn't permissible. I also asked if I could buy the Soul Shriven pack - same answer. I understand this pack is presently potentially available via Crown Crates, subject to a bit of good luck, or throwing enough money at it.

With the Priest of the Green costume in mind, I also asked if previously available items are now going to find their way to Crown Crates. No answer to that question as yet.

If, for whatever reason, you're not able to make purchases of limited time items during those (sometimes very narrow) windows of availability, you're going to lose out.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Save up for a $100 bucks worth of clown crates. Buy the clown crates when they put the PB on re run. Don't get your hopes down though, the Senche leopard went through two sale cycles.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn't surprise me if everything was re-released in the Crown Crates eventually. It would make sense ... it's no work at all for Zenimax, since it's already finished work. I wouldn't mind this personally, since I'm a newer player and wasn't around for most of the previous releases.

Someone who has been buying from the Crown Store since the beginning might not be happy about it, though. (Then again, why would they care? It doesn't take away from their fun if a newer player is able to get a clouded leopard in a Crown Crate, for crying out loud.)
    Edited by SydneyGrey on January 18, 2017 6:45PM
  • Toolzy
    Toolzy
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry...I know this is off topic but I totally misread the title as "Return of the Bi Polar Bear Mount". LOL This would be an interesting mount.
    Uh-oh, running out of breath, but I
    Oh, I, I got stamina
    Uh-oh, running now, I close my eyes
    Well, oh, I got stamina
    And uh-oh, I see another mountain to climb
    But I, I, I got stamina

- Raevenhart (DK Nord Tank)
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can have mine...it was only a stopgap while I waited for the Ice Wolf. >:)
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the Polar Bear mount shake your character around like the other Bear Mounts? I tried the Bear Mount and my character got a bad head ache then threw up. He asked me to put that mount away and never use it again.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Does the Polar Bear mount shake your character around like the other Bear Mounts? I tried the Bear Mount and my character got a bad head ache then threw up. He asked me to put that mount away and never use it again.

The camel is the same ... but it's realistic, because riding a camel really feels like that. (Yes, I have ridden a camel before in real life. I haven't ridden a bear, though.)
  • thefixerupper
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Never. Gonna. Happen.

Since we have crown crates now where some of the previously released stuff is locked, I am sure that we won't see any limited time offers from the past coming back for direct purchase.

and here we are. POLAR BEAR MOUNT! lol

To be honest, I think eso just releases these to stop being creative and make new mounts :S
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never. Gonna. Happen.

and here we are. POLAR BEAR MOUNT! lol

To be honest, I think eso just releases these to stop being creative and make new mounts :S

It was interesting to read all the previous posts from January 2017. We all thought back then that they were only ever going to re-release limited-time items in crates, since that is all we had experienced back then. Yes, the leopard and panther had 2 releases in CS, but that's only because they were released before console launch and they were giving console players a chance at them.

However, we've already seen other items released again to the regular CS, so seeing the Snow Bear again is no surprise now. I think it's great that limited-time items are making a return so that new players can buy them if they want them.
  • zyntex
    zyntex
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't wonder if you could count on this kind of "snowy" mount and also the "Snow Globe House" to make a return each year in the holiday/new year season.

For me that makes sense.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Never. Gonna. Happen.

Would you like to rephrase that? :wink:
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad it did come back, but let's hope it becomes an annual thing. A three year wait for content to come back around is excessive. There's no good reason to make a basic mount like this artificially rare.