Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Follow command?

daneyulebub17_ESO
daneyulebub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Relatively small thing, but, the game needs a /follow command.

Very useful if you need to be hands free a minute and can just follow your group/partner without them having to wait for you.
This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see that being abused...
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inversus wrote: »
    and that's why I think It'll never happen.

• Splattzilla
    I second this thought. Would also be rather helpful if someone is showing you to a specific location that you've been searching for. IIRC Everquest had this feature but lava and aggro'd mobs would be your bane :P
    To succeed you must do the things that you think you cannot.
  • drzycki_ESO
    drzycki_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I understand not having a /stick command but /follow would be nice. There are so many time when following my group that I would love to be able to keep on going and not have to stop to check the map or other screens. Not to mention it would make for more efficient bio break time.
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    My quester got stalked for a while last night.
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LotRO has it. It's used tons and I'm not aware of it being abused. Not even sure how it would be, unless you're talking power leveling/multi-boxing. If you consider those abuses. Doesn't follow you through doors, or instances, of course, so "stalking" (someone going afk by /following someone) isn't too viable a concern.
    Edited by daneyulebub17_ESO on April 7, 2014 7:02PM
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

• KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Define abuse.

• k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need for a follow command -- they are just for bots and multi-boxing -- tools for gold farmers.

• Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never been too keen on features like that which basically enable people to be lazy (really, if you're afk your character should be waiting for you to return). That said, it's fairly normal in MMOs so I have no real problem with it being added either. Not sure how it would be abused aside from the above laziness/not really playing.
  • Rukur
    Rukur
    ✭✭
    really....

/follow

Bots can go get ***. Just look and play
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    No need for a follow command -- they are just for bots and multi-boxing -- tools for gold farmers.

So... what am I then, a bot, or a gold farmer?

Thought I just wanted to look at the map while my wife gets somewhere, or take a quick bio break while my group gets somewhere and doesn't have to stand around waiting. But now I know, according to you, I'm a bot!

Gee, does that mean I get to say what you are now? :)

• k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So... what am I then, a bot, or a gold farmer?

Thought I just wanted to look at the map while my wife gets somewhere, or take a quick bio break while my group gets somewhere and doesn't have to stand around waiting. But now I know, according to you, I'm a bot!

Gee, does that mean I get to say what you are now? :)

Not saying that you are a bot or one of those type of people, just was saying those are the tools that type of people need to do that type of actively.
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...they are just for bots and multi-boxing -- tools for gold farmers.

Well, it sure sounded like you were lumping all us /follow proponents in with one or the other of those types.

• wdadams1965ub17_ESO
    Multi boxing is not just for gold farmers ? .. I love multi boxing and I have never sold gold. its a win win for the gaming company's they get to sell more box copies and more subs.

by the way gold farmers only exists bc people by gold. make gold account bond and no more farmers . I have yet to see why people need more gold than what they find in game, And this buy blues off other players is silly.
    Edited by wdadams1965ub17_ESO on April 13, 2014 7:17PM
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that are some honest players who used multi-boxing, but more often then not, it used for abused. Some doors are better to left closed for the good of the many.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Bit tricky to follow someone when you can't target them. You might have them in your sights and then a goat walks past as you type /follow and then you're following that goat to goodness knows where while you get a sandwich.
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thete wrote: »
    Bit tricky to follow someone when you can't target them. You might have them in your sights and then a goat walks past as you type /follow and then you're following that goat to goodness knows where while you get a sandwich.

Yeah, that explains why I've traded stuff with so many goats.
    Lost a lot of good gear that way. And for what? Little round goat poops, that's what!

You can't even craft with 'em!

• baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that explains why I've traded stuff with so many goats.
    Lost a lot of good gear that way. And for what? Little round goat poops, that's what!

You can't even craft with 'em!
    Really? Because I noticed that both "Goat Meat" and "Goat Bits" were crafting items. I've always wondered what Goat Bits are, and now I know!
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has gone backwards with ESO mmo wise. No following, no tab targeting players in PvE for some reason. It's simple really, allow tab targeting in PvE and add /follow to the game.
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could multibox if I had the follow command... and it makes people mad that I like to play MMOs with 3 computers... ;)
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still hoping they put it in. Sooooo many times it would have been useful when I take a bio break or let the dogs out or want to check my inventory or go get more coffee to not make my wife have to sit there waiting when we both know where we want to go.

• Kreager
    Kreager
    ✭✭✭
    No need for tab targeting players in ESO cause we have SMART healing :s
  • Kesef
    Kesef
    Shimond wrote: »
    Never been too keen on features like that which basically enable people to be lazy (really, if you're afk your character should be waiting for you to return). That said, it's fairly normal in MMOs so I have no real problem with it being added either. Not sure how it would be abused aside from the above laziness/not really playing.

Consistent situation:
    Wife and I trying to enjoy some time together in a game.
    Kids get in a fight over some ridiculous reason and one of us needs to check on the situation.
    Stuck sitting and waiting, instead of one of us carrying on, while the other can just be on follow for a moment.

Many other situations like this not even involving kids for people with busy lives that need to go AFK for a few and playing with friends/family. Not always related to being lazy.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

More than once I had someone use /follow in WoW to AFK their way through a dungeon or raid.

:o:o:o Got caught in a necro
    Edited by Alinhbo_Tyaka on January 5, 2019 5:14PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my old wow guild some set them self to follow healer in an dungeon while afk.
    Obviously this was discovered and he received no heals so died and was left behind.

More creative use was an group having gnomes and leader set to follow an random player who now had an trail of gnomes following.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.