The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

XBOX1 NA - Guild CHAT CHANNELS DISAPPEAR

• Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    /Reloadui

If that doesn't work, leave, /reloadui, join again.

For the sound join an XBL party, then switch back to game chat.

Great, that fixes the bug completely and isn't at all a workaround.
    I don't like XBL parties and prefer game chat. I also prefer not having chat channels disappearing, which is probably a tall order, but acknowledging the bug within a year is something ZOS could do pretty easily.

Less of the sarcasm :sweat: Yeah it's a workaround but saves having to hard reset your xbox every couple hours...
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • MachineKludge
    This happens to my buddy and I a lot (50% of the time) when we are doing PUGs on XB1. Usual scenario:
    1. Setup – we are already in a group using the game chat group channel. At this point, if we mess around with switching game chat channels or going back-n-forth to party chat, we do not hit the bug.
    2. Trigger – upon zoning into the dungeon, if our group leader does not become the PUG leader, we will encounter this bug. In other words, say I was leader of the group before joining the PUG, but after joining the PUG, one of the PU people is leader of the PUG – only in this case does the bug trigger. When my buddy or I stay the leader of the PUG, the bug does not hit us. (Although, presumably, if the other two members of the PUG were in a group, they are now bugged.)
    3. *** – This sucks! We cannot fix it without leaving the PUG. (The workaround might still work, but no PUG will have the patience to deal with you leaving the group and wanting to join again.)

It is disappointing that this has been around for over a year and hasn't been acknowledged. I'm sure in-game chat is not easy code to debug, but it would help if someone at ZOS (@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_KaiSchober, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_BillE or @ZOS_GaryA) would at least let us know they are aware of the bug. Maybe let us know if there is a way we can help get some data for debugging the issue.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is disappointing that this has been around for over a year and hasn't been acknowledged. I'm sure in-game chat is not easy code to debug, but it would help if someone at ZOS (@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_KaiSchober, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_BillE or @ZOS_GaryA) would at least let us know they are aware of the bug. Maybe let us know if there is a way we can help get some data for debugging the issue.

Unfortunately, if you're waiting for them to acknowledge that a bug exists you might have to wait years. There have been bugs present since launch that the devs still haven't even admitted exist despite countless forums pointing them out.

I don't understand why it's so difficult for ZOS to say something as simple as, "Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will investigate this issue."
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance this can get a look since there's rapid fire responses in the bug report channel @ZOS_GinaBruno ? It's only been a pain for slightly longer than a year.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found you again, you sneaky buried old bug report.