Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you think Hirelings are worth the skill points?

Valykc
Valykc
✭✭✭✭✭
Do you think that they should be buffed in any way?

Do you think Hirelings are worth the skill points? 96 votes

Yes
84%
Nestordelta_mysticAbelcher339b14_ESOInklingsMonkLoHanDaveMoeDeewenchmore420b14_ESOBleakravenNebthet78SkworczarhondelinkglaviusStreegaCaffeinatedMayhempolgarahHaenkLadyLavenderMerlin13KAGLJoosef_Kivikilpi 81 votes
No
10%
Ri_KhanI_killed_VivecCaptainVenomDaimmyoDracan_Fontom6lackzeu5dracul813Smeeheeezio45StarOfElyon 10 votes
Other
5%
Taleof2CitiesAkrasjelTigerseyeghastleymacsmooth 5 votes
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If you have extra points to spend and bank space (craft bag space) to store, they add up quickly.

There should be proper Alchemy and JC hirelings too. (Shadowy Supplier is kind of a cheesy workaround and doesn't supply all kinds of mats.)

Regarding Buff, the 12 hour timer is still clunky design. It should be 10 hours between, with a max of two deliveries every calendar day.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on January 3, 2019 2:52PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I concur with @Merlin13KAGL on the timer. Hirelings are the only thing I can think of (other than the dedicated reset time of daily quests) that falls on a 24-hour timer. Level 1/2 should be a 20-hour reset, and Level 3 should be the 10-hour reset like suggested.

That said, I have hirelings unlocked on all my alts, but only managed to free up the skill points on 2 characters so far to put 3/3 in all of them.

If I had to choose only one hireling to put 2-3/3 it would be Provisioning as that's the only reliable way to get frost mirriam and bervez juice. Plus, the quantity of provisioning mats supplied is very nice too.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Why wouldnt they be? Farm some skill points lol
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why wouldnt they be? Farm some skill points lol

I have hirelings, just curious if people think they should give more materials or not. It does add up, just trying to gather feedback!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    At some point every character has extra skill points. Not investing at that point in hirelings is dumb. Especially ignoring the Provisioning Hireling.

And, yes the timer needs to be 10/20 hours
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Of course they are. There is no downside other than the opportunity cost. Obviously, if you are low on skill points and would have to sacrifice needed combat skills, then don't do it. However, if it won't affect your combat skills and the points are just sitting there anyway, why not? You could also say the same of the snakeblood passive I guess, but that has more issues including the fact that nobody uses potions that have negative effects in them anyway.
    Edited by redspecter23 on January 3, 2019 3:34PM
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I voted other, as a major reason I have them is for the story that goes with each one. The mail that accompanies the material is worth it, especially as you only need one point per craft on one character.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Provisioning = No
    All Others = Yes
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Just about, but I think it's marginal, unless you have lots of alts, all with them.

Game revolves far too much around switching from one alt to another, all day...

I find that tiresome, so I don't do it.

The stories are nice, until they end.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 4, 2019 5:29AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. There are plenty of SPs in the game and it is free matts.
  • Greysson
    Greysson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    idk wrote: »
    Yes. There are plenty of SPs in the game and it is free matts.

Simply this.
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    This thread served as a good reminder that I still don't have hirelings on my alt characters, and I should, so thank you. I may need to grind out a few more skill points on each of them, but that should be easy to do with the weekend ahead of me.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • LadyLavender
    LadyLavender
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Probably not worth grabbing right away unless you're building a crafter, but once you have extra skill points it's free supplies, so...no brainer. I've got provisioning ingredients coming out of my ears (even bervez juice and frost miriam) with just one hireling.
    I do wish the equipment hirelings provided a LITTLE bit more at higher levels, since I go through so many mats doing those writs. I'd actually love an extra style mat at rank 3.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Definitely. There are people who swear by daily writs as a way to make money, but hirelings allow you to do that with zero effort.

I have most hirelings on 15 characters. Some aren't leveled enough for provisioning or enchanting hirelings. If I decide to start leveling one of the lower level alts, I'll respec to get temporarily get crafting skill points back.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on January 6, 2019 6:22PM
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Only if you pay for subscription to get crafting bag is it worth spending the skill points into it otherwise no not worth it
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    There are enough skill points available in the game so i dont see any reason why your crafter shouldnt put any points into this + plus you might get lucky and get some free gold mats. So is it worth a few skill points? Yes.
    Edited by sudaki_eso on January 10, 2019 3:13PM
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Maximum worthness if all characters have max crafting level
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, I have hirelings on all chars, PvE or PvP. Max level means higher chances of getting gold mats.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, but one major change I would make is instead of getting your mail by logging on/off each character, you just receive it in bulk. Would reduce a lot of zone time.