The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Wrothgar main questline: To save a chief

Pseudolo
Pseudolo
✭✭✭
I've got a question about this quest
after meeting up with Eveli in Fharun, I'm tasked with sneaking around and look for clues, eavesdrop and/or talk with a disgruntled cultist. I'm the worst at sneaking. Can someone tell me what to do? Should I talk to the cultist? Or where should I eavesdrop? I've already abandoned the quest once because I alerted the cultists and I wanted to remain hidden :'(

Best Answers

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cultist is the easiest to get to, as it only involves sneaking past one or two groups. Just don't fall through the holes in the bridge! (I did :stuck_out_tongue:)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Answer ✓
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just follow the quest markers. Between sneaking and Invisibility pots, this part of the quest was easy. Even easier for NB.

One word of advice:
    Explore all the dialog options when you meet the dungeon engineer, and accept his poison potion, unless you WANT a really tough fight.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Answer ✓
  • TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭
    i didnt sneak , just killed everything and finished
  • Pseudolo
    Pseudolo
    ✭✭✭
    But then again, if I wanted to sneak and complete the additional objective?
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The spike trap puzzle was driving me insane. I literally couldn't find a path that could be completed within the time limit.

Then I watched a "Let's Play" video and discovered that
    if you don't suck at sneaking, the dungeon engineer is there in the area where you drop down from the well. He will give you an antidote to the poison and also tell you about the spike trap.

In the second room of the spike trap is a switch which stops the countdown. You can go in there, hit that switch, then find the pathway without running out of time.

Just for anyone else who sucks!
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • f.raz.bb16_ESO
    f.raz.bb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Where is the chief?
  • ScarletHoodie
    ScarletHoodie
    Soul Shriven
    I never noticed an engineer ._.

So I made this: 36KFwNZ.jpg
    Hope it helps someone who also fudged up xD
  • TMaree
    TMaree
    Soul Shriven
    If you get noticed by the Cultists the engineer is dead when you get In the well. If you hit the forth leaver you can do the puzzle with the above picture
  • AllWomanNoKidding
    I'm sorry but I suck at figuring out diagrams. That diagram doesn't make any sense to me. Can someone please explain what order to hit the valves in? I keep dying and it's getting very frustrating.