Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should i switch to Aldmeri Dominion ?

Inquisitio
Hey,

So I've started as Imperial Nightblade in Ebonheart Pact and... i don't really like it this much. It's too grim for me, i've played only for few hours and can't get past Shadowfalls. That's why i think of creating a new character in Aldmeri - eveyrthing is see looks green and nice in Aldmeri. I don't know tho, maybe it gets better later in EP, or worse in AD ? Feedback appreciated.
Inquisitio|Imperial|Nightblade|Ebonheart Pact
  • Sykotik_ESO
    Sykotik_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The dominion is beautiful, trees, forest, open landscapes, clear skies, its a great area...plus you'd be part of the dominion ;)

But yes its not grim at all save for certain quest (which is normal since this is ES) but the landscape itself and scenery is beautiful and if that's what you like you would enjoy the dominion much more.
  • Inquisitio
    Honestly, I'd love to switch to AD, but i have one more concern - i wanna play as an Imperial, is AD very racist against humans ? Does it feel wierd to play as Imperial in AD?
  • Sykotik_ESO
    Sykotik_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, friends of mine play all races on The dominion and never seen an NPC be Against them or something if that's what you mean. If talking about players Then I haven't seen anyone be mean about peoples choices of race.

Everyone's very friendly.
  • Rytfield
    Rytfield
    ✭✭✭
    I switched from AD to DC right before launch, no regrets! So why not keep that option in mind as well?

I still think AD looks beautiful and Ayrenn is an awesome character but I didn't want to be part of a steamrolling side in PvP so I walked over to DC instead. Obviously this also depends on the campaign you pick but generally speaking DC = underdog. The area's look quite nice and I must say Bill Nighy is simply awesome as High King Emeric!

Other than that you should keep in mind that eventually when you're 50+ you're going to visit the other factions as well, so you'll still visit those "grim" areas.
  • Sykotik_ESO
    Sykotik_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hey don't be tryna still our dominion recruits bro

:P ya either way I think DC is pretty nice too, the dominion just seems to be the most green and lush due to it probably being closest to "the virtual ES equator" lol
  • Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭
  • adri_sumb14_ESO
    Playing Imperial as AD and there is little racism overall. If anything, AD is more open to other races. They just believe the knowledge of long-life brings wisdom required to defend Tamriel from certain apocalypse made by man.

Though I will admit I miss having a capital city with actual houses. Elden Root is just meh to me.
  • Mabo
    Mabo
    I'd say you should have a go at it! If anything, create an alternate character and venture out into the serene islands.

The quests are entertaining, only encountered two bugged so far (you can complete the storyline in Auridon, ect,...). Of course, my view might be biased because glory to the Dominion, but the more things you experience, the more fun it can become.
    Server - EU
    IGN - Mabosaha
    Char info - level 16, Imperial dual wielder, Aldmeri Dominion
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    Heheh I had to create an alt just so I could enjoy the mushrooms and Netches in the EB Pact.

I have 2 AD gals ,1 lil gal in Daggerfall and 2 in EB.
    Edited by Willow on April 6, 2014 8:04PM
  • Inquisitio
    I think I'll do this, seen some screens and it's so beautiful. Also i don't think anyone can be more racist than Nords/Dunmers.
    Edited by Inquisitio on April 6, 2014 8:48PM
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play as a Nord in Aldmeri Dominion and i love it! :)
    PC EU
  • Rytfield
    Rytfield
    ✭✭✭
    Willow wrote: »
    I have 2 AD gals ,1 lil gal in Daggerfall and 2 in EB.
    Pimpin' aint easy.
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rytfield wrote: »
    I didn't want to be part of a steamrolling side in PvP

Been to cyrodil lately? It's 50/50 EP/DC and AD isn't on the map.
    Edited by Invincible on April 7, 2014 2:39AM
  • adri_sumb14_ESO
    Invincible wrote: »
    Rytfield wrote: »
    I didn't want to be part of a steamrolling side in PvP

Been to cyrodil lately? It's 50/50 EP/DC and AD isn't on the map.

Maybe for your campaign. AD is one of the dominant faction in Auriel's Bow with EP being the only one underperforming.

• Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The grass is always greener on the other side as they say.

Personally i rather liked the hostile environment of the Pacts zones.

EDIT: Oh nd about the potentially racism against humans, then there isn't really any. but there is a sect in AD that hates all non-high elves. (espesh cat peeps)
    Edited by Dekkameron on April 7, 2014 4:47PM
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • SaxonyBeach
    It's funny to me that so many people are saying there's little to no racism towards imperials when one of the main quest central themes is racism.

That being said, we're on the side that is opposed to racism and racism doesn't impact your character in any tangible way, just certain NPCs and groups of NPCs that you are fighting will be racist against you. The good news, you can kill them! Some of them you can choose to spare if you want to be the bigger man.