The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Want to build a new Orc, what class should it be?

spoqster
spoqster
✭✭✭✭✭
Looking for a bit of inspiration. I want to build a new Orc character, focused on speed and health regen. Mainly for battlegrounds. What class should I go for?

I already have stam and mag chars for every class, so I know them all. That makes it even harder to decide. Flavor-wise DK and Warden fit best. But which class offers the best skills and passives to fully bring out that theme of a fast runner with extremely high natural health regen? (Thinking of Orgnum's Scales and Troll King)
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc

Seriously stam sorc has speed and high hp regen
    Edited by JobooAGS on December 31, 2018 7:04PM
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    Sorc

Saw a recent build by FengRush, he ran a StamSorc Orc as well. But why do you recommend sorc? Which skills complement the speed + health regen idea?
  • Chibs
    Chibs
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of Stam Sorcs main ability, Lightning Forn or whatever it’s called gives you minor expedition. Plus medium armor gives speed boost which = very fast
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc and DK passives go together very well.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spoqster wrote: »
    Sorc

Saw a recent build by FengRush, he ran a StamSorc Orc as well. But why do you recommend sorc? Which skills complement the speed + health regen idea?

Hurricane gives minor expedition, major resistances and an aoe dot. Great when paired with crit surge. As for hp regen, slot any daedric summoning ability (bound arraments and/or storm atro) you get 20% hp and stam regen (also 8% max stam and 11% la damage for arraments along with block mitigation when active)

Major expedition is easily aquired by dodging with a bow or casting rapids/quick cloak. Potions were nerfed and now give 15.7 seconds of major expediton
    Edited by JobooAGS on December 31, 2018 7:13PM
  • SanguineMyBrother
    SanguineMyBrother
    ✭✭✭✭
    spoqster wrote: »
    Sorc

Hurricane and dark deal
    Xbox NA • Magwarden Main
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Name it Aaron S’Orc-in
    Raised by Bretons to become a famous bard. Be a Sorc with the jester personality and hotkey the bard emotes.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait till next patch when all races will get severly beaten by the nerfbat (all to pay for CP system powercreep) so you don't have to spend a lot of money race changing and re-speccing.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar bby
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something like this
    BuildaBearWorkshopatSomersetCollectioninTroy.jpg
    But for orcs
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc and DK passives go together very well.

In terms of survivability in general, yes. But in terms of speed? How does the dk buff speed?
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    Stamplar bby

What skills/passives do stamplars have that buff speed or health regen?
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Orc Sorc... It even rhymes.

Troll King, Steed mundus, Bee Keeper, 7th Legion.

Keep Surge and Hurricane up so you always have a heal going to proc Troll King.
    Playing since beta...
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any class passives that buff health regen? Warden has some passive that lead to an overall health increase and they have the speed buffs from wings. DKs get all around resource return from ults and synergize very well with heavy armor, but DKs are not a mobile class. In terms of health regen I think you need to pull that from armor sets and the speed can come from class abilities/passives. Probably stamina warden will be your best bet in this particular theme.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Are there any class passives that buff health regen? Warden has some passive that lead to an overall health increase and they have the speed buffs from wings. DKs get all around resource return from ults and synergize very well with heavy armor, but DKs are not a mobile class. In terms of health regen I think you need to pull that from armor sets and the speed can come from class abilities/passives. Probably stamina warden will be your best bet in this particular theme.

If you slot a daedric summoning ability such as storm atro or bound arraments, you get 20% hp and stam regen for sorc. Nb gets 15% for free. Warden gets 12% mag and stam regen. for slotting an animal companion ability. Dk gets hp regen for each draconic power ability
    Edited by JobooAGS on January 1, 2019 4:44AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you slot a daedric summoning ability such as storm atro or bound arraments, you get 20% hp and stam regen for sorc. Nb gets 15% for free. Warden gets 12% mag and stam regen. for slotting an animal companion ability. Dk gets hp regen for each draconic power ability

Right, just looked those up it’s been a while since I was on my Stam sorc. DK is still a slow AF class, I guess Stam sorc fits the best, but imo Stam sorc is good in a group only, unless you have master DW. You can play it solo for sure, but it’s really hard to apply enough pressure against an equally skilled player on almost any other class. It’s okay for noob farming. Warden out performs Stam sorc by a long ways rn.
    Edited by Vapirko on January 1, 2019 4:50AM
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any class passives that buff health regen?

night blade has +15% to everything, major ward and resolve for free.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any class passives that buff health regen?

night blade has +15% to everything, major ward and resolve for free.

No more for free than hurricane, hardened armor, ice fortress etc for major resists.
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right, just looked those up it’s been a while since I was on my Stam sorc. DK is still a slow AF class, I guess Stam sorc fits the best, but imo Stam sorc is good in a group only, unless you have master DW. You can play it solo for sure, but it’s really hard to apply enough pressure against an equally skilled player on almost any other class. It’s okay for noob farming. Warden out performs Stam sorc by a long ways rn.

What makes Warden so much better at the moment though? I have a stam warden and I’m not feeling the power yet. So I guess my build isn’t good enough yet.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make your orc a magplar werewolf frost mage because who gives a sh*t what anyone else thinks.
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is @Ghettokid not here yet? :|
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloudless wrote: »
    Why is @Ghettokid not here yet? :|
    I'm here. Listening in the silent corner.
  • kiLLahweSPe
    kiLLahweSPe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cant spell Sorcerer without Orc.
    PC EU

Tick Tock Tormentor - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon Heart - Unchained - Godslayer - Dawnbringer

Pathfinders
    https://pathfinderseso.shivtr.com/

The Lovely Multicolored Ponies
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can. Magicka Sorcerer.
  • kiLLahweSPe
    kiLLahweSPe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »

I can. Magicka Sorcerer.

Wait for the next Balance Update, Orc Magicka Sorcs could be a thing.
    PC EU

Tick Tock Tormentor - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon Heart - Unchained - Godslayer - Dawnbringer

Pathfinders
    https://pathfinderseso.shivtr.com/

The Lovely Multicolored Ponies
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »

I can. Magicka Sorcerer.

Wait for the next Balance Update, Orc Magicka Sorcs could be a thing.

Lore wise Orcs are not good at magicka things so it wont be really BiS for magicka classes from what i assume.

Maybe some niche builds can utilize them.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden.

Orc-on-ice. :p
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!