The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Healing Ward in 2019.

Zeytio
Zeytio
✭✭✭
Before I go on, I would like to ask the question: Why was healing ward changed in the way it did? ( initial heal taken away) because as it stands now, the new heal ward is trash. Everyone agrees, so why not go back to what it used to be? Magblade 1vx is literally impossible atm with shade being broken again (please fix this) and all incoming damage being oblivion damage from sloads, infused torugs, etc. With the old heal ward you would be able to actually tank the damage. I've been playing recently with necro, bloodspawn and armor master with a master inferno front bar and s&b back bar giving me 31k health and 30k+ resists. Killing things isn't an issue as magblade can build super tanky and still do insane damage by lining up a good assassin will combo but never the less I haven't died once due to running out of resources. It's just that you cannot heal. You might just say "L2P get a Black Rose resto staff" but why limit build options to that much where you need a certain gear piece to get the enjoyment of a good 1vx. You may also say "Magblade has been the worst choice for 1vx for almost a year and a half now" While that may be true, it used to be possible and players did it to challenge themselves. Now you might as well just convert your magblade to a stamblade and use torugs, sloads, and valkyn and roll dodge spam with draining shot if you want to have fun. While using Degeneration, Siphoning attacks, swallow soul, dark cloak, and refreshing path, and an absorb health enchant, you still cannot out heal the incoming pressure of 2 people using sloads and infused torugs. Add on anyone else doing a minute of damage and you might as well log out right there because you can literally do nothing. Even with los you can't do anything because sets such as sloads, valkyn, and zaan all go through walls :smiley: I have yet to see one magblade be able to take on a group of more than 5 players at once and I know the majority of all the great magblades in this community. Anytime you look up magblade 1vx and you see a clip of someone killing more than 5 players at once this patch you'll notice them all being either sub 50 with no CP or around the CP80 mark with maybe some pve players at cap. What I'm trying to get across is that by changing this one skill you have effectively made cyrodiil 1vx only viable for stamina with magden and magdk being the only two exceptions for the magicka classes. There are only half a dozen magsorcs at most on PC NA who can 1vx (effectively) still and that went down dramatically from what it used to be. Magplars lack the mobility needed and defiles from abilities such as snipe, dark flare and incap render them useless even with their cleanse. Draining shot is broken too please return that to what it used to be and please for the love of god fix the cc break on it. It is literally the slowest break free animation of anything in the game. You might say that heal ward was changed because of the lack of ways to go around it because shields are op and such the only thing done to it could have maybe increased the cost and limit the heal if used. From my knowlege there was never a reason to why heal ward got changed. From what I recall, it got changed during the first week of murkmire's PTS and was never put in the patch notes. But hey, who knows maybe I'm just bad and need to L2P.
[PC/NA] - Zeytio

just some magicka nightblade on pc/na

Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/zeytio
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/zeytio
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    Well, at least someone built a wall!
  • MalcolM24
    MalcolM24
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Wouldn't say magden or magdk 1vx is viable though, since they have 0 mobility. 1vX on classes without mobility is just riding somewhere and hoping there will be 1-5 ppls coming to you and not 20. Mostly it's no one or 20, and in both cases your time is wasted on these slow classes.

also wtb paragraphs
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MalcolM24 wrote: »
    Agreed. Wouldn't say magden or magdk 1vx is viable though, since they have 0 mobility. 1vX on classes without mobility is just riding somewhere and hoping there will be 1-5 ppls coming to you and not 20. Mostly it's no one or 20, and in both cases your time is wasted on these slow classes.

also wtb paragraphs

Magden and MagDK 1vX requires building to be very tanky and having lots invested into healing because these two classes are going to take hits, it’s how they are designed. The changes to light armor sprinting really helped DK with Reflective Plate snare removal

Wardens are better off being tanky high healing snare and root spammers with ice abilities. It’s seems to be their niche right now

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah magblade is in the dumpster right now. Self healing has been completely gutted.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

also wtb paragraphs

Lol are you kidding? Mag DK is one of the go to choices right now for magicka 1vX. Even some good stamina players went to Mag DK. Mistform is pretty solid for mobility especially considering how powerful and prevalent snares are and how little immunity you get from shuffle. Magden is also super strong maybe not 1vX but definitely 2vX.

But yeah magblade got their survivability gutted.
    Edited by Vapirko on January 1, 2019 2:07PM
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    They changed it so they could justify adding in the Blackrose Restostaff. You see the issue was they noticed the staff over-preformed during pts, and what do you do? Nerf the skill it's suppose to buff, so people actually have to use the new staff. Instead of nerfing the staff itself or changing it all together. NO! Sell more Murkmire!!

I 1vX on both magblade and stamblade. I have to say you are not wrong. I have a much harder time on my magblade rather then on my tanky stamblade, this patch...
    Edited by Blackleopardex on January 1, 2019 2:13PM
    6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
    I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
  • MalcolM24
    MalcolM24
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

also wtb paragraphs

Lol are you kidding? Mag DK is one of the go to choices right now for magicka 1vX. Even some good stamina players went to Mag DK. Mistform is pretty solid for mobility especially considering how powerful and prevalent snares are and how little immunity you get from shuffle. Magden is also super strong maybe not 1vX but definitely 2vX.

But yeah magblade got their survivability gutted.

lol no I'm not kidding, yes it'll be strong in a set situation, but you almost never get a nice package delivery of a few enemies in cyrodiil, it's gonna be a lot or no one, and mistform or wings isn't gonna help much then is it.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, at least someone built a wall!

SGiQHFz.jpg
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Before Summerset, even at 90% health my healing from healing ward was around 6K without major vitality. At lower health it was insane, in fact enough for me to face tank zergs before resistance changes and without major vitality (though my mutagen was also insanely powerful and pretty much topped my health when it procced, so that helped too).

I imagine healing ward was changed because healing a large amount with it was possible. Adding in Blackrose Resto staff would make anyone with a build similar to mine pre-Murkmire practically impossible to kill now that shields factor in resistance.

I used the same build on mag NB and mag Templar. I'm very disappointed too. I will miss the days I had fun spamming ward and surviving 6+ soul assaults at once with a zerg on me. Yep...I will put those days in my memory with blazing shard stun, my 1T DK that had 40K+ shields on constantly with evasion buff for extra trolling, unlimited jabbing stamplar (nvm thats still possible), etc.

Ah the "good o'l days"

Now I just roll though.
  • Zeytio
    Zeytio
    ✭✭✭
    Magden more than magdk has that lack of mobility and magdk is probably the strongest magicka 1vx class at the moment mainly due to the fact of wings removing snares which is one thing other mag classes lack apart from magplar but at that point it’s just rng. Magdk just has the big boy burst and all the heals in the world you would want. F’s in the chat for magblades they are officially dead in cyrodiil for everything but ganking, by the way still waiting on an answer for why they nerfed it. I’m starting to think they did it to sell murkmire so players who want to stay competitive can go grind for a weapon that solves all healing issues on magicka ( for the most part ).
    [PC/NA] - Zeytio

• Zeytio
    Zeytio
    ✭✭✭
    magden is more of a pug killer than anything though, super fun in 1vx as long as you don’t have a bunch of people snipping/defiling you which is a dime a dozen nowadays. But magden is insane in bgs and small group some of the most fun I’ve had on this game tbh.
    [PC/NA] - Zeytio

• Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    They changed it so they could justify adding in the Blackrose Restostaff. You see the issue was they noticed the staff over-preformed during pts, and what do you do? Nerf the skill it's suppose to buff, so people actually have to use the new staff. Instead of nerfing the staff itself or changing it all together. NO! Sell more Murkmire!!

I 1vX on both magblade and stamblade. I have to say you are not wrong. I have a much harder time on my magblade rather then on my tanky stamblade, this patch...

I agree with you! Healing ward change alone is a reason why I don't find magblade gameplay as enjoyable as I used to and that's pity, because I used to be mag NB main.
    After Murkmire patch was implemented on to live servers, I found myself shifting more towards stam gameplay.
    Edited by Fiktius on January 1, 2019 9:08PM
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is this Nightblade complain about shield changes? At least Healing ward not caped like Conjured Ward and Annulment and still benefit from Bastion while have all buffs from resistance.