Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rice removed from game?

Excaltic
Excaltic
✭✭✭
I'm looking for a single grain of rice for the past 2 hours now, but I have come to the conclusion that there is none anymore in the game?

- Nothing from any guild trader
- Nothing in bags
- Nothing in crates
- Nothing in barrels
- Nothing in enemy camps
- Nothing from killed enemies

Am I searching for the wrong item at guild traders?
Crafting > Provisioning > All ingredients ==> [RICE should be here right?]
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got rice from a barrel today. PC/NA
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    do you have one of the searches modifed by a text field, or a quality field? Those could effect it if that was the case (as per Awesome Guild Store).

@Alassirana
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get rice all the time from doing provisioning writs. I have so many that I sell them in stacks in my guild trader, but they usually sell out quickly.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Amadis001
    Amadis001
    ✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    I get rice all the time from doing provisioning writs. I have so many that I sell them in stacks in my guild trader, but they usually sell out quickly.

What do they sell for?
    // Amadis of Gaul -- DK Nord (Lvl 50 CP 1000)
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amadis001 wrote: »

What do they sell for?

On PC/NA between 4-6 gold a piece (stacks for 800-1.2k gold)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amadis001 wrote: »

What do they sell for?

On PC/NA between 4-6 gold a piece (stacks for 800-1.2k gold)

No wai? I have thousands on mine after grinding writs on 9 characters for a couple of years now.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This game is designed so you can't farm any one thing.

It operates on the idea that you farm everything and then sell the sfuff you don't need and buy the stuff you do.

Unfortunately, it only partially works that way.

As, so often, the thing you need wil be overpriced and/or will have sold out by the time you find a guild store selling it and have travelled to the trader to buy it.

This is because the stuff you need is, too often, the stuff everyone else needs too and also, because (with the unlimited craft bag) people often end up hoarding mats for later (just in case they need them) and don't sell them very often.

Really, there needs to be two ways of buying things - one for mats and then another one for crafted items, blueprints, motifs, furniture and gear and so on.

The guild store system is a good idea, for the latter, as it makes it harder for people to instant undercut, by 1g and so on.

Which is the issue that auction house only selling systems always have.

However, it is a horrible idea for mats, as they generally sell far quicker and no one wants to traipse around the world, for hours, trying to find some reasonably priced rice...

So, you really need either a mat-only auction house, or a mat-only warehouse, which sells all the mats in one place; while retaining the guild store system (or some other individual store system) for everything else.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 1, 2019 1:21PM