The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cosmetic/Graphical Error with Alkosh weapons/shield

xaraan
xaraan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Glad the black glow effect was added back to gear for Alkosh and other trial gear, but for some reason one shields and weapons it sometimes seems to get crazy:

This is how it should look on character screen:
aOCwknI.png

But this is how it looks in game:
FmvXkYf.png

Definitely very extreme and off-putting - you can't really make out much of the shield for colors or even details.

Don't have anymore exact info on why this might be happening, but hoping it gets fixed or others might know the cause.
-- @xaraan --
nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
AD • NA • PC
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I see in your images are just some blue dots here and there. Both the shield and weapon glow blue they should for me.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    huh....

Shield on top image is how it should look with blue dots/blackish smoke coming off shield (and weapon).

Bottom image, the shield is jet black and glossy like its covered in oil or something (it has not been dyed or changed from log in screen) and not how it looks on the character screen or used to look before various changes to how alkosh and other trial weapons appeared over last several patches as they broke and fixed the unique trial effects showing on weapons after outfit system.

I also have other tanks running alkosh that do not have their shields change in appearance and only have the basic alkosh effect and not the oil dipped effect.

If you seriously cannot see a difference in the shield on top pic vs bottom, then you won't be able to help.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tested this using the monster styles they sell in crown store: The troll king and Iceheart shields work normally and look as they should on the log in screen and game, with only the blue smoke and orby things floating off the items. But every other normal motif shield and weapon in the game looks like it gets dipped in oil in addition to the effects when I have Alkosh equipped on that slot.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC