Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamblade - What are some viable alternatives to Relequen/AY?

md3788
md3788
✭✭✭
I just retraited my Magblade to Stamina and so far it's a lot of fun. This is my first stamina character. I'm running seven medium and have Vicious Ophidian front bar (Axe and sword), vMA bow, hundings body, and Selene monster set. Mostly good traits but a few are off. I know what the Meta sets are but is VO a viable alternative? If so, what is a decent body set aside from Hundings? I'm torn with going Relequen body w/ VO because the two sources of minor slayer would seem like a waste of a bonus. I don't really want to farm AY since it drops from my least favorite trial (eventhough I know I will eventually cave and do it). I know there is a lot out there, and being a Magicka player I'm still learning what the good stam sets are.
vFG1 HM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some alternatives to AY - Briarheart and Veiled Heritance come to mind. VO is fine but for an optimized trial you should probably be able to sustain without it. Another option is to run TFS and change Lover to a different mundus (I beilieve Warrior is still BiS for stam?). On NB you can also try War Machine.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you have VO weapons, that is going to make your pairings more restrictive than if you had a full set of VO body. Briarheart and War Machine, and possibly Mechanical Acuity can work with that. That's about it. War Machine will have that same issue as Relequen with the second bonus, and the second bonus for Mechanical Acuity is also a throwaway for stam builds (although, it may have some benefits to Stam DKs with Flames of Oblivion, but not huge benefits). At the same time, Hundlings is not a bad set to run with VO. Between Hundlings and Briarheart, its pretty much a toss-up.

VO is typically run as a body set because of the 5th piece bonuses. The biggest obstacle to running VO weapons/jewelry, is you can't pair it with AY (I know you don't have it) or Veiled Heritance as those are heavy sets. Like @Royaji said, TFS is a good set to pair with (used to be meta), but you will over-penetrate in trials.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have VO weapons, that is going to make your pairings more restrictive than if you had a full set of VO body. Briarheart and War Machine, and possibly Mechanical Acuity can work with that. That's about it. War Machine will have that same issue as Relequen with the second bonus, and the second bonus for Mechanical Acuity is also a throwaway for stam builds (although, it may have some benefits to Stam DKs with Flames of Oblivion, but not huge benefits). At the same time, Hundlings is not a bad set to run with VO. Between Hundlings and Briarheart, its pretty much a toss-up.

VO is typically run as a body set because of the 5th piece bonuses. The biggest obstacle to running VO weapons/jewelry, is you can't pair it with AY (I know you don't have it) or Veiled Heritance as those are heavy sets. Like @Royaji said, TFS is a good set to pair with (used to be meta), but you will over-penetrate in trials.

There is something about over-penetrating that just gets me all excited inside.
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭

I can't believe it just dawned on me that having VO front bar means the cost reduction is lost for all the back bar skills. I think for the time being I'm going to run hundings body with Briarheart jewels and weapons. Then I will get to farming Relequen to replace Hundings, then eventually AY to replace Briarheart.
    vFG1 HM
  • Roboplus
    Roboplus
    ✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »

That is most definitely not what she said. Ever.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hahahaha, but only when there are 11 other people involved.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Body it's either Relequen, War Machine or Twice-Fang Serpent, they're hands down the strongest sets.

Weapons and jewellery you can either use Advancing, Veiled Heritance, Twice-Fang, War Machine (will need Incap front bar), Briarheart, Leviathan (Weaker alternative).

The difference between Advancing and the other sets is like 1-5%, but Relequen I'd definitely get as that even parses good on a magblade (honestly... it's op)
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

rl4YiAI.gif
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on December 28, 2018 1:11PM
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Sparr0w , will it make sense to run TFS in weapons? Stacks last only 3 seconds, they're bound to fall off during back bar rotation.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @John_Falstaff Yes, since it's 'When you deal damage' the stacks build up really quickly, in the first second of being on your front bar you get:
    2x Hail Ticks
    1x Poison Inject tick
    1x Caltrops ticks
    1x Relequen tick (if you run it)
    1x Trap tick

And that's without doing anything other than just swapping bar ;)
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a khajiit, I feel locked into using VO for the sustain. Currently running VO, AY, Velidreth.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aztlan wrote: »
    As a khajiit, I feel locked into using VO for the sustain. Currently running VO, AY, Velidreth.

I run a Khajiit DK. Been going with Relequen/AY/Velidreth, Dubious Camoran Throne. No issues with the sustain, outside of Cloudrest. I'll slap Stormfist on for that.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run kitty with AY and rele and the sustain is fine as long as i run Dubious and weave heavy's occasionally.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    Body it's either Relequen, War Machine or Twice-Fang Serpent, they're hands down the strongest sets.

Weapons and jewellery you can either use Advancing, Veiled Heritance, Twice-Fang, War Machine (will need Incap front bar), Briarheart, Leviathan (Weaker alternative).

The difference between Advancing and the other sets is like 1-5%, but Relequen I'd definitely get as that even parses good on a magblade (honestly... it's op)

Only on stack fights where you stay on one target for more than 15 seconds :wink:

Seriously, it's not as strong as many make it seem. On many fights it's pretty much useless... (CR, vAS, any 4 man stuff, vMA, HoF and MoL on some bosses).

In cloudrest, as soon as z maja ports you lose the stacks because it take a her more than 5 seconds to be damageable again. In vAS you often switch between main and minibosses and often aren't able to light attack reliably anyways.

In 4 man stuff bosses die very quickly, an the infinite stamina that VO gives you is so much better than other sets because it allows you to sustain fine with blue food on any class.

Relequen is often impractical, yet I still see many players use it in places where it i clearly subpar. And since most players only have the normal version, that makes it even worse. When relequen procced everything it was often still fine, but now it doesn't even proc yokeda anymore...
    Edited by Masel on December 28, 2018 9:37PM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • shadowofnarsil
    shadowofnarsil
    ✭✭✭
    TFS on body, with Leviathan everywhere else, and Warrior, on a stamblade Khajit with Stormfist. Very curious to swap Lev with VO, trouble is I don’t do trials that much to begin with.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    VO is pretty easy to hunt not many looking for it. I ran Vhrc for about a week and got all i needed, including gold jewels. And this wasn't a ton of runs.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »

Only on stack fights where you stay on one target for more than 15 seconds :wink:

Seriously, it's not as strong as many make it seem. On many fights it's pretty much useless... (CR, vAS, any 4 man stuff, vMA, HoF and MoL on some bosses).

In cloudrest, as soon as z maja ports you lose the stacks because it take a her more than 5 seconds to be damageable again. In vAS you often switch between main and minibosses and often aren't able to light attack reliably anyways.

In 4 man stuff bosses die very quickly, an the infinite stamina that VO gives you is so much better than other sets because it allows you to sustain fine with blue food on any class.

Relequen is often impractical, yet I still see many players use it in places where it i clearly subpar. And since most players only have the normal version, that makes it even worse. When relequen procced everything it was often still fine, but now it doesn't even proc yokeda anymore...

@Masel

Other than Relequen what would you say is the strongest set? TFS with Warrior, WM on classes with a cheap ult, or does VO take the lead just down to being able to run Blue Food?

Maybe I'm overestimating the use of minor slayer & running 2 of the other sets would be better, Briar with Advancing, or Leviathan with Veiled?
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »

@Masel

Other than Relequen what would you say is the strongest set? TFS with Warrior, WM on classes with a cheap ult, or does VO take the lead just down to being able to run Blue Food?

Maybe I'm overestimating the use of minor slayer & running 2 of the other sets would be better, Briar with Advancing, or Leviathan with Veiled?

Interested to see this response as well. I will probably go VO/Briar once I get a necklace drop from one of the vet Crag.
    vFG1 HM
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the hell is AY? Don't need Relequen. Innate Axiom and Shackle work wonders.. Throw on the likes of Veli, Nerieneth, Grothdarr or even Skoria, and you're tearing up shitt just fine.
    Edited by GreenhaloX on December 31, 2018 3:58PM
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    What the hell is AY? Don't need Relequen. Innate Axiom and Shackle work wonders.. Throw on the likes of Veli, Nerieneth, Grothdarr or even Skoria, and you're tearing up shitt just fine.

Axiom doesnt buff the majority of your damage and shackle buffs a resource you don't need most of the time, while buffing the needed one less. Ofc you can clear things with that, but if you do any kind of optimisation you'll circumvent those sets...
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the hell is AY?
    Seriously, not everyone is up on the abbreviations.
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell is AY?

AY=Advancing Yokeda

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Berserking+Warrior+Set
    vFG1 HM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    md3788 wrote: »
    What the hell is AY?

AY=Advancing Yokeda

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Berserking+Warrior+Set

all of the items in this set look like this-

item-113379-66-5.png

see how the description at the top says "of the Advancing Yokeda"? that is why they are all know as such.

do you know what VO is? Vicious Ophidian. even though the set name there is Vicious Serpent, the same thing happens, name on top of the description, see here-

item-80092-66-5.png

also, never use the site that guy linked, it is hardly updated, use this site,

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Sets
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on January 1, 2019 2:33AM