The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

So I leveled "down?"

keevil111
keevil111
✭✭✭✭
Any reason that I would lose a forum star? Pretty sure I was at 4. Now 3?

Is it something I did? Something I said? Not sure what happened.

Oh well, any donations of insightfuls, agrees, or awsomes to help repair this will be welcomed :)

By the way, you guys look really good today! And you're all very interesting. And good at ESO. And your DPS is SO HIGH! Your heals are UNMATCHED! BEST. TANKS. EVER!
Edited by keevil111 on December 31, 2018 3:18PM
PS4 NA
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Early forum racial passive nerf testing.
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is maybe a thread you posted in got deleted, and with it a collection of insightfuls/agrees/awesomes that might have accompanied your posts.

I had that happen to me a year or two ago on some silly, but not relevant thread about potatoes. I posted something uncharacteristically funny and got an abnormal amount of awesomes. I was surprised one day to see my "awesome' tally had dropped considerably. Found out the thread had not only been locked, but also deleted by forum mods.

Not saying that's true in your case, but might be a possibility.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you were never 4 stars and this is a trick played on the forum to get them to help you get that 4th star!
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    tactx wrote: »
    Early forum racial passive nerf testing.

On the FTS (Forum Test Server)
    PS4 NA
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    tactx wrote: »
    Maybe you were never 4 stars and this is a trick played on the forum to get them to help you get that 4th star!

No tricks, I am sincere. :|
    PS4 NA
  • Thormar
    Thormar
    ✭✭✭✭
    keevil111 wrote: »
    Any reason that I would lose a forum star?
    At time of posting this you are at 365 points. 4 stars is 500 points, so you have lost at least 135 points.
    It's likely a thread or two got deleted as @Feric51 said.
    Another way to lose points, though unlikely to have occurred in this case since you've lost a lot of points,
    is if someone hit report at the bottom right on any of your posts.
    If a report is followed through, you lose 1 point
    Edited by Thormar on January 9, 2019 2:32PM
    What if I go north? Disappear.
    Would you come after me?
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same here. I was 11 stars
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thormar wrote: »
    At time of posting this you are at 365 points. 4 stars is 500 points, so you have lost at least 135 points.
    Another way to lose points, though unlikely to have occurred in this case since you've lost a lot of points,
    is if someone hit report at the bottom right on any of your posts.
    If a report is followed through, you lose 1 point.
    o2eZneX.jpg

dang... Probably just deleted posts then. Oh well, thanks for the information everyone.

Anyone know any good grind spots for forum stars?
    PS4 NA
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh boy. So this is our community nowadays.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others said the most likely reason would be posts being deleted. Have you had any PM's from the moderators stating you have had posts deleted due to content?

I know ZOS rarely deletes a whole thread and instead just archives them in a hidden section, that's why even if a thread vanishes your forums points don't change. However I don't actually know what happens when a post is deleted as it's been a long time since I annoyed the mods enough to warrant that. :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    As others said the most likely reason would be posts being deleted. Have you had any PM's from the moderators stating you have had posts deleted due to content?

I know ZOS rarely deletes a whole thread and instead just archives them in a hidden section, that's why even if a thread vanishes your forums points don't change. However I don't actually know what happens when a post is deleted as it's been a long time since I annoyed the mods enough to warrant that. :tongue:

No, no PM's. But thank you for checking in, was just curious about what the deal was and if others had experienced anything similar. Hopefully it was just some old deleted stuff.

Guess I better get commenting. ;)
    PS4 NA
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uncle Sheo strikes again!
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol, didn’t even know about this. What is this star thing?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meesha1170 wrote: »
    First rule of forum stars, tell everyone about forum stars!

Here's how to earn points, which in turn give you stars:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/62438/forum-badges-stars-and-achievements-and-how-to-get-them/p1
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/badges
    bye1.gif

PS: Some of the reactions/badges mentioned in the posts above have since been disabled ...

Edited by SirAndy on December 31, 2018 5:41PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got like 5 points from me. I tried
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, no PM's. But thank you for checking in, was just curious about what the deal was and if others had experienced anything similar. Hopefully it was just some old deleted stuff.

To be fair, if your post isn't out of line, but is directly responding to a post that was in violation, then yours can get eaten without incurring a warning. That's happened to me more than once.
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭

To be fair, if your post isn't out of line, but is directly responding to a post that was in violation, then yours can get eaten without incurring a warning. That's happened to me more than once.

That makes sense, I did a lot of commenting on the "jumping should cost stamina" debate of 2018. It could be something silly like that, or a number of other things because things like that make me laugh and I can't help but say stuff.
    PS4 NA
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    You got like 5 points from me. I tried

Thank you, you will not be forgotten.
    PS4 NA
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenor.gif?itemid=3551535
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any reason that I would lose a forum star? Pretty sure I was at 4. Now 3?

Is it something I did? Something I said?

Keep complaining and you'll lose another star!
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be a lot of points in deleted threads. I think the OP might be remembering wrong. Sorry.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be a lot of points in deleted threads. I think the OP might be remembering wrong. Sorry.

I would agree. I didn't look to see how close he was to the next star threshold. I just know it was something that had happened to me in the past. Didn't affect my stars, just noticed the points vanished with a deleted post.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stars, i assume, were intended to express your standing in the community to everyone else. More stars means you are an active contributor to discussion and your posts have been insightful, awesome, or agreeable.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    First rule of forum stars, tell everyone about forum stars!

Here's how to earn points, which in turn give you stars:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/62438/forum-badges-stars-and-achievements-and-how-to-get-them/p1
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/badges
    bye1.gif

PS: Some of the reactions/badges mentioned in the posts above have since been disabled ...

You're a forum star
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ghettokid wrote: »
    Oh boy. So this is our community nowadays.

ikr who cares lol! I mean, if op run past me IN GAME and assuming he was on the SAME PLATFORM and SERVER I don’t think I, and anyone else would be like OMG THATS THE GUY WITH FOUR STARS BUT NOW THREE

Btw happy new year everyone
    Edited by TheUrbanWizard on January 1, 2019 2:11AM