Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Stuck in a disguise

markthegreat56
My character donned the disguise: Quendeluun Veiled Heritance Disguise and now it seems to be permanent. My other character got a disguise as well, and it seems there is no way to remove it. Any hints on how to get rid of a disguise?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on January 23, 2019 5:19PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on January 23, 2019 5:19PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless there is a bug, removing a disguise is normally a matter of opening your inventory and looking at the left part of the screen near where your character's weapons are slotted. In that area is a box where equipped disguises go. If you double click the disguise or drag it to your inventory, it should do the trick. Some quest-related disguises don't work that way and you just have wait till the quest is done.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on December 31, 2018 8:31PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless there is a bug, removing a disguise is normally a matter of opening your inventory and looking at the left part of the screen near where your character's weapons are slotted. In that area is a box where equipped disguises go. If you double click the disguise or drag it to your inventory, it should do the trick. Some quest-related disguises don't work that way and you just have wait till the quest is done.
    Indeed, but I think the one they mentioned is the first matter, not the second. The one Raz gives you at some point in the main quest, I think, that turns you into some Altmer dude, that's the second matter.
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• markthegreat56
    kadochka wrote: »
    Indeed, but I think the one they mentioned is the first matter, not the second. The one Raz gives you at some point in the main quest, I think, that turns you into some Altmer dude, that's the second matter.

It's Raz's fault. I don't think I completed that quest. I'll go in tonight and try some of these techniques. I think I abandoned the quest, so, not sure I can finish it.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's Raz's fault. I don't think I completed that quest. I'll go in tonight and try some of these techniques. I think I abandoned the quest, so, not sure I can finish it.
    That specific quest I mentioned, the 'disguise' will auto-unequip if you leave the area, though..?
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you abandon a quest before you finish it, you can start it again from the beginning.
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish I could get stuck in the Emperor look-a-like disguise for the summerset quest. That would be great.
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can go back to the place you found raz, the house with the ambassadors you throw mud-balls on I think and pick it up again, raz should look like an altmer.
    After the challenges on the island you will get exposed and the costume will go away and the rest is just combat.

And some quests stuck you in an costume for part of the quest.
    in CWC you will play as an wind up mouse as part of an quest, best done on busy hours as you will see other players doing the quest to.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • markthegreat56
    That worked! Thank you. Both characters are back to normal. One does go back to disguise in Aurion, but it changes back to normal at the city limits.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news! :)