Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Too much mag dk fun to keep secret

Seenoevil
Seenoevil
✭✭✭
One of the things I enjoy most in this game is creating off meta builds and testing them, recently I created this mag dk build for bg's and honestly it's too much fun to keep secret, hope you enjoy the build

Race: Argonian
Mundus: Atronach
Food: Tristat
5 x heavy doylemish across the body
3 x knightslayer on jewellry
-2 spell damage
-1 mag recovery
2 x knightslayer maces
- 1 infused flame damage
- 1 sharpened absorb mag
Ideally decisive blackrose resto on back bar but rng hasn't blessed me yet so decisive knightslayer works fine again absorb mag enchant
- Monster helm is zaans
You can go 5-1-1 but I prefer 5 heavy and 2 light for the sustain
Back bar
Volatile armour, igneous weapons healing ward, inner light, coagulating blood, panacea ult
Front bar
Flame lash, burning embers, fossilize, wings , draw essence and leap for ultimate

We go maces for the extra penetration as well as the sharpened trait for off hand to help doylemish hit nice and hard.
Basically you play like every other dk but utilising fossilize, with 1 hell of a burst, hit draw essence then fossilize lining up a heavy attack, followed by whip and then powerlash and that's it, highest I've hit is a 27 kill game on this build, proctard build I know but mag dk fun none the less
Hope you enjoy the build as much as I am
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s not “off meta”

That’s just full blown proc sets.

Aka it’s the meta for bad players.

Sorry bud :(
    Edited by Thogard on December 30, 2018 6:52PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Seenoevil
    Seenoevil
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree with you, it is just full blown proc set cheese, but in the current spin to win stamsorc cheese, the balorgh permafrosters.... needs must :)
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice!
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seenoevil wrote: »
    One of the things I enjoy most in this game is creating off meta builds and testing them, recently I created this mag dk build for bg's and honestly it's too much fun to keep secret, hope you enjoy the build

Race: Argonian
    Mundus: Atronach
    Food: Tristat
    5 x heavy doylemish across the body
    3 x knightslayer on jewellry
    -2 spell damage
    -1 mag recovery
    2 x knightslayer maces
    - 1 infused flame damage
    - 1 sharpened absorb mag
    Ideally decisive blackrose resto on back bar but rng hasn't blessed me yet so decisive knightslayer works fine again absorb mag enchant
    - Monster helm is zaans
    You can go 5-1-1 but I prefer 5 heavy and 2 light for the sustain
    Back bar
    Volatile armour, igneous weapons healing ward, inner light, coagulating blood, panacea ult
    Front bar
    Flame lash, burning embers, fossilize, wings , draw essence and leap for ultimate

We go maces for the extra penetration as well as the sharpened trait for off hand to help doylemish hit nice and hard.
    Basically you play like every other dk but utilising fossilize, with 1 hell of a burst, hit draw essence then fossilize lining up a heavy attack, followed by whip and then powerlash and that's it, highest I've hit is a 27 kill game on this build, proctard build I know but mag dk fun none the less
    Hope you enjoy the build as much as I am

You are pretty good unless face by a good NB or Stam DK or warden.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on December 30, 2018 8:25PM
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    That’s not “off meta”

stop trying to destroy our proc set playstyle
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Zaryc
    Zaryc
    ✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    That’s not “off meta”

And were exactly did he say he wants to destroy your "playstyle"?

He's right with his comment tho.
    Edited by Zaryc on December 30, 2018 8:53PM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't yet see the point of Igneous Weapons and Inner Light on your back bar. Igneous seems like there are just better alternatives, but Inner Light seems to just waste the crit entirely?
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    That’s not “off meta”

@Thogard

procs doesnt need nerfed at all.
    stop trying to destroy Snipe Procs
    stop trying to destroy our ranged potatoe playstyle every single day making request threads to destroy archer noob playstyle.
    nothing wrong with what we have, its been here since 5+ years.
    this is really childish and selfish.

if anything, it needs a faster cast time to crit again and alot more damage added to it.

:trollface::wink:
    Edited by DivineFirstYOLO on December 30, 2018 10:27PM
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• Seenoevil
    Seenoevil
    ✭✭✭
    Inner light is more of a flex spot and I use igneous to buff pre fight, think of it as an in your face gank build, most people when fossilized will just let you wind up a heavy attack thinking the damage will be minor when in actual your getting ready to drop a doylemish,infused flame,knightslayer, heavy attack, followed by 2 nasty whips, if your lucky enough zaan procs,
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a bg build with doylemish and sunderflame. I execute with spin. Mael snb back barred.

La Heroic slash, bar swap, heavy Rend (restores 2k mag and stam bc of mael snb), heavy claw, la breath, fossilize, heavy spin.

Major and minor fracture, great mag regen with mael snb. Molten weapons makes heavy attacks decent.

Requires brutality savagery stam pots.

Healer joins and I'll use slimecraw, otherwise i use troll king bc no vigor.

I use medium bc of shuffle for snares and mitigation, but u could use heavy i guess.

I only play this guy to get my daily activity finder though, so cheesy.
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inner light is more of a flex spot and I use igneous to buff pre fight, think of it as an in your face gank build, most people when fossilized will just let you wind up a heavy attack thinking the damage will be minor when in actual your getting ready to drop a doylemish,infused flame,knightslayer, heavy attack, followed by 2 nasty whips, if your lucky enough zaan procs,

I need to find the PvP where people dont have break free bound and let you stand there and beat the hell out of them.
    Joined September 2013
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cant even call it mag DK,
    Just call it Proc Knight.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While I’m not a big fan of oblivion damage personally, I’m glad you’re having fun on mDK. It’s such a powerful and versatile class, really rich in options for theory crafting and performance right now.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maces only give you physically pen, not spell pen.

Swords are the only thing you should use when you dual weild on a mag character - none of the others make a difference.

Being a full on proctard is hardly off meta though.
    Edited by Brrrofski on December 31, 2018 9:59AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please make all proc sets 40 meters range and for them to proc from stealth
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jakx wrote: »

I need to find the PvP where people dont have break free bound and let you stand there and beat the hell out of them.

Doylemish still works when they're just immobilized, and I certainly wouldn't roll out of that every time if I weren't expecting it.
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Maces only give you physically pen, not spell pen.

Swords are the only thing you should use when you dual weild on a mag character - none of the others make a difference.

Being a full on proctard is hardly off meta though.

I haven't checked what's actually better here, I would guess it's swords anyway, but the penetration is for Doylemish.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Seenoevil
    Seenoevil
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly the penetration is for the doylemish, the only way to buff the damage is through penetration, I've had loads of success with this proc knight (I'm stealing that) even the elusive nb's can be hit with a leap followed by a heavy attack, theres just enough time to land the heavy, broke my record last night 31 kill game :)
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Exactly the penetration is for the doylemish, the only way to buff the damage is through penetration

That's absolutely not true, though. Swords provide a global %-damage boost, and this applies to ALL your outgoing damage (procs, enchants, poisons, etc. in addition to abilities).

The margin of increase is *very slightly* lower than maces, but because they also increase all your magicka-based damage, they'll net you greater overall damage by far (whereas maces only benefit your Doyle).
    Edited by TheYKcid on December 31, 2018 3:31PM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Seenoevil
    Seenoevil
    ✭✭✭
    Swords will net you more overall damage on low resist folks but In experience most people will run between 25-30k resists I would rather take the extra 5- 6k penetration.

Rough maths as not at my Xbox, but I get a 15k tooltip on doylemish ... 6% would increase it by 900 ish on the proc itself a 20% penetration value from running 2 maces is anywhere from 5-6k penetration value,

The sharpened trait applys after the mace debuff so already I'm at a 6.5k-7k pen value on doylemish, the heavy attack and the leap ( i take the shield morph of leap that comes with the physical damage due to the previous changes to shields) in the end i preferred the penetration over the 6% of everything, granted swords will give you higher damage output but the real damage(imo) comes from pen values, proctard build I know but thought went into it :)
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Swords will net you more overall damage on low resist folks but In experience most people will run between 25-30k resists I would rather take the extra 5- 6k penetration.

Rough maths as not at my Xbox, but I get a 15k tooltip on doylemish ... 6% would increase it by 900 ish on the proc itself a 20% penetration value from running 2 maces is anywhere from 5-6k penetration value,

The sharpened trait applys after the mace debuff so already I'm at a 6.5k-7k pen value on doylemish, the heavy attack and the leap ( i take the shield morph of leap that comes with the physical damage due to the previous changes to shields) in the end i preferred the penetration over the 6% of everything, granted swords will give you higher damage output but the real damage(imo) comes from pen values, proctard build I know but thought went into it :)

that's like 5k dmg or even less considering mitigation from CP, BS and what's left of armor. Not worth imho.

Now, using an oblivion dmg glyph and switching from Knight slayer to Torug's makes it interesting, but you will be too much into meta.

Now, if you want that build in good mode, switch to stamblade and use it after SA/Cripple while cloaked, but instead maces, use axes and Skoria
    Edited by Xvorg on December 31, 2018 6:04PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Seenoevil
    Seenoevil
    ✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

that's like 5k dmg or even less considering mitigation from CP, BS and what's left of armor. Not worth imho.

Now, using an oblivion dmg glyph and switching from Knight slayer to Torug's makes it interesting, but you will be too much into meta.

Now, if you want that build in good mode, switch to stamblade and use it after SA/Cripple while cloaked, but instead maces, use axes and Skoria

The build is specific to bg's I do have a cyrodil build running exactly what you said torugs 2 bloodthirsty 1 Triune and oblivion enchant and 1 disease enchant(for the defile), on the weapons
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The build is specific to bg's I do have a cyrodil build running exactly what you said torugs 2 bloodthirsty 1 Triune and oblivion enchant and 1 disease enchant(for the defile), on the weapons

And you have tried it in BG?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Seenoevil
    Seenoevil
    ✭✭✭

And you have tried it in BG?

I did but then I got a hump with the 30k plus healthplars and wardens so wanted to take them down a notch, they are very common Xbox eu servers the knightslayer outperformed torugs quiet considerably even on standard 22 to 23k health a guaranteed 2.2k oblivion damage out does the extra 1.5k additional flame
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s not “off meta”

@Thogard

procs doesnt need nerfed at all.
    stop trying to destroy Snipe Procs
    stop trying to destroy our ranged potatoe playstyle every single day making request threads to destroy archer noob playstyle.
    nothing wrong with what we have, its been here since 5+ years.
    this is really childish and selfish.

if anything, it needs a faster cast time to crit again and alot more damage added to it.

:trollface::wink:
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    That’s not “off meta”

Stop trying to destroy my playstyle of destroying the proc set playstyle!
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone, this is the real “too much fun mag(damage) dk to keep secret” below. And it’s not proc damage.
    @CyrusArya your right. The class is so versatile right now.
    https://youtu.be/0rjyjDXTn_0