The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Name change token discount

Michae
Michae
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Was there ever any discount on name change? The normal price is really steep.
"I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    It recently was discounted during the Black Fredas sales. The 'Race and Name Change' bundle went for 2450 Crowns, which is actually cheaper than a Name Change's normal price.
    | PC / EU |
    | Aspen Greystag, Khajiit Warden, Frosty boi |
    | Healer, Tank, Damage dealer |
    | CP: 1800 |
    | Guilds: Officer at Meridia's Light |
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, 50 crown discount. ;)
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »

I suggest reading that again. The bundle of two items was 50 crown less than the regular price of one item.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Michae wrote: »

I suggest reading that again. The bundle of two items was 50 crown less than the regular price of one item.

I read it right, I just didn't need race change. So for me it's 50 crown discount on name change and a useless race change. ;)
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...the price on the name change is ridiculous. The only reason it's priced that high is to make the name/race bundle look like a really good deal. If you're changing race, you're more than likely going to want to change the name, so that is a great deal. But if you just want to change the name, 2500 crowns is way too steep.

I have a Bosmer who's name seems more Altmer, so I was looking forward to the name change tokens when first announced. When I saw the price? No way. Not worth it to me. Now, some players really into RP might be willing to pay that price, and probably have. I just think that name change should be the least expensive option, then appearance and then race.