The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battle ground builds

Richard_scottub17_ESO
Absolutely love battle grounds and I think its slept on. I know the AP pay out is lower than alliance war but it still pays out and with it being 4v4v4 AND no CP it allows for niche builds that would otherwise do no good anywhere else in the game.

So with that what are peoples suggested builds i.e hear sets, skills races, classes etc.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The majority of builds I encounter in BGs are snipe spammers. And that doesn't take much thought or effort.

Edited by The_Lex on December 31, 2018 2:08PM
  • Richard_scottub17_ESO
    The_Lex wrote: »
    The majority of builds I encounter in Bags are snipe spammers. And that doesn't take much thought or effort.

Yea I run a stam dk, was using the alcast venom build for pve but I'm planning on changing it to solely BGs so I was thinking velidreth, bindings and viper? And maybe switching from dual wield/bow to sword and board/bow
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »
    The majority of builds I encounter in Bags are snipe spammers. And that doesn't take much thought or effort.

Yea I run a stam dk, was using the alcast venom build for pve but I'm planning on changing it to solely BGs so I was thinking velidreth, bindings and viper? And maybe switching from dual wield/bow to sword and board/bow

You might struggle with sustain with that set up. You could go Bone Pirates (jewelry/weapons) and another damage set. 7th Legion, Fury, and Hulking Draugr are all solid sets for a DK.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But Hundings is solid - I'd recommend a sustain set to go along with it. Don't discount Spriggans either, now that shields can receive crit damage.
    Edited by The_Lex on December 31, 2018 2:13PM
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been fiddling with a imperial block build(Char is a stem templar) that is mainly for land grabs and does do well in chaosball has well with the right team don't DM so is a very niche build since the thing wouldn't work has well in that game....it does better when I use certian potions and so on, still refining it through trail and error, but not being in a guild gives me a lot of time to work on this when my health permits

Edited by RedTalon on December 31, 2018 3:43PM
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say build taking into consideration your lack of CP and the fast paced fighting of BGs.
    I build for more recovery.
    Proc sets and enchants are very strong and common in BGs
    Have a good stam pool/recov for the countless CCs
    Meditate is quite good if you can get away and hide behind the plethora of cover you have access to.
    Run all impen again because of no CP.

Just my tips some will disagree but it works for me and personally I prefer the fast fights and fast resets instead of 10min of horse simulator followed by DCing as soon as a zerg comes nearby.
  • Richard_scottub17_ESO
    So right now I'm running 2pc velidreth 5pc fortified brass and 5pc twice born star. Running a good chuck heavy with impen and two pieces divine. Lover and lady as Mundas stones. DW on front and 2h on back. Imperial DK
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First ever time in BGs tonight. Was a lot of fun. Sustain is definitely an issue. I will have to do some research on how to tweak cyrodil builds to use in BGs
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go for damage sustain and defense.
    I dont know what is bis for each.
    But mine are,
    Chudan, hundings, sprigguns.
    20k hp, 28k stam, 12k mag.
    3.5k dmg. 25k def both.
  • VikingBerserker
    VikingBerserker
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a list of my current favorites:

redgaurd stamwarden spriggans/shacklebreaker/balorghs 5med 1 hvy 1 light

orc stamdk
    bone pirate/ravager/troll king
    5hvy 1med 1 light

delf magdk
    shalks exoskeleton/bsw/bloodspawn
    5hvy 1med 1light
    Edited by VikingBerserker on January 24, 2019 5:54PM
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Powerful assault set ?
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sharing a few of my builds:

Magicka DK (LA)
    Vampire [x]*
    Inferno Destro/Resto
    5 Burning Spellweave
    5 Bright Throats (Next Patch: Curse Eater)
    2 Zaan/Grothdarr
    vMA Resto
    *Viable with or without Vampire

Magicka Templar (LA) partial credit to @mursie
    Vampire [x]
    Frost Destro/S&B
    vMA Destro
    5 Cyrodiils Light
    5 Steadfast Hero (Jewelry, S&B)
    2 Skoria

Magicka Sorcerer (LA)
    Vampire [ ]