The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question re: Storage in Houses

Celthon
Celthon
✭✭
Are there any recipes/plans for storage items to place in a house/apartment a character can craft, or are the only options those available through the 'store'?

Thank you for your time and assistance.
PC -- NA Server
Celthon - Dark Elf - Beast Caller
Duinthorn - Bosmer - Umbral Assassin
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Celthon wrote: »
    Are there any recipes/plans for storage items to place in a house/apartment a character can craft, or are the only options those available through the 'store'?

There's one in leveling up, I think..
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Celthon
    Celthon
    ✭✭
    Sorry...I should have indicated that in my post...I got one when my character reached lvl-18 (I think...somewhere around that level anyway)...but wondered/hoped there might be a way to craft more, later on when I'm able to get crafting skills to higher levels...or are they limited to the store after getting the reward via leveling?
    PC -- NA Server
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy 7 more, 3 small ones and 4 big ones. They are available through Tel Var stones or Writ Vouchers. So you can't craft them directly but Writ Vouchers are accessible through crafting.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are a total of 4 60 slot and 4 30 slot storage containers that can be placed in housing. The level 18 reward is one of the 4 30 slot containers. They can be bought from the crown store as you noted, but also from Faustina Curio (one of the two NPCs who sells things for writ vouchers). So although they can't be crafted themself, a high level crafter can generate a fair number of writ vouchers over time and buy them that way with.
    If you're completely new, writ vouchers are a currency mostly earned by doing master crafting writs; master crafting writs drop randomly from top level daily craft writs.
  • Celthon
    Celthon
    ✭✭
    Thank you for replies and information. Looks like my Crafter needs to get busy!!
    PC -- NA Server
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW just in case it's unclear there are 8 storage chests in total.

1 is only from the level up rewards and the other 7 can be bought with crowns OR writ vouchers OR tel var stones. Don't make the mistake some people have of getting the crown ones first thinking they'll get 8 more with writ vouchers later.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for replies and information. Looks like my Crafter needs to get busy!!
    Yes, remember you can buy writs and do them for vouchers speeding things up a lot.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »

There's one in leveling up, I think..

Leveling up and the rest can be purchased in game with writ vouchers. No one needs to buy them from the crown store.