The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Best gear for magsorc interrupter in vAS+2

Darkdex
Darkdex
✭✭✭
As the title says, what is in your opinion the best gear combination for a magsorc interrupter and why?

5/3/monster/perfect Asylum?
5/5/2?

Some ppl say slimecraw is mandatory, other say no monster set, or 2 ilambris for more cleave.

Some ppl say that mech acuity is the best, other prefer moondancer or scathing mage, other say BSW.

Im currently leading a group and we just got our first clear last thursday (Xbox 1, so no addons). And we are seeking to improve.

Thanks and merry christmas!
  • paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    Best gear? Just interrupt...

Pick whatever you’re comfortable interrupting in >.>

Gear is relative to the player. If you’re dying wear ice heart as monster helm. If you’re group is having sustain issues wear worm.

Let’s be better players and use gear that suits you and your group 👍

• Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iceheart monster set
    Mechanical accuity or spell strat body
    Willpower jewelry
    Perf asylum staff (fire)
    Vma backbar staff (lightning)
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Our interrupter for Immortal Redeemer used Phoenix. This actually makes a lot of sense because it allows him to basically suicide once per try in order to get a interrupt he could otherwise not get. Things like that will happen no matter what and it can be worth giving up that little bit of DPS on the interrupter to have more consistent runs. As a monsterset he uses Iceheart, the rest I'm not sure.
    Edited by FakeFox on December 24, 2018 8:29PM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    paul_j wrote: »
    This. No need for different gear than what you normally raid in.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Diffrent builds for diffrent trials are normal, dont spread your lazy ways dude.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikke wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

Diffrent builds for diffrent trials are normal, dont spread your lazy ways dude.

LOL. Very funny and irrelevant. Read the OP. They want to know what to wear for interrupts and that does not require any change. Stop spreading your lazy ways dude and read the OP next time so you have context. LMAO.
  • Darkdex
    Darkdex
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is, he got the interrupts decently well, but we want to know what would squizz even a little more DPS for the fight.
    Edited by Darkdex on December 25, 2018 12:13AM
  • royo
    royo
    ✭✭✭
    Slimecraw, Acuity, Willpower, Asylum inferno, Maelstrom inferno, Apprentice mundus is what the people in the 40k range have been using. Adapt as needed for your group if you need more survivability in place of less dps.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For learning the role I’d say:
    2 Iceheart
    5 Phoenix
    5 Moondancer (front bar)
    Maelstrom Lightning

When you’re comfortable with survival and interrupts, and want to push scores and maximize DPS:

2 Slimecraw
    5 Moondancer
    3 Willpower
    Perfected Asylum Inferno
    Maelstrom Inferno

I prefer Moondancer over Acuity because it gives Minor Slayer and helps with sustain, while still providing a good amount of spell damage on average. It does rely a lot on your healer providing orbs though. If you can’t get at least 80-90% uptime on combined Lunar and Shadow blessings then there are better options.

The reason I recommend a lightning staff initially is that you can use the channeled heavy attack to immediately see where Llothis teleports, and even keep him target locked. In the long run Inferno staves will do more damage though.

You should definitely avoid Spell Strategist as interruptor. Your splash damage is more important than your single target, and it’s typically a bad idea to kill Llothis too early.

For Mundus stone go with Thief stone for damage. Swap to Apprentice if you end up wearing Acuity. Lover if debuffs aren’t good (Ele Drain, Alkosh, Crusher). And you can even do Atronach if you aren’t getting enough Magickasteal and Orbs.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on December 25, 2018 1:47AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think interruptor is an awesome name.

I enjoy this thread. So insightful
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Darkdex
    Darkdex
    ✭✭✭
    For learning the role I’d say:
    2 Iceheart
    5 Phoenix
    5 Moondancer (front bar)
    Maelstrom Lightning

When you’re comfortable with survival and interrupts, and want to push scores and maximize DPS:

2 Slimecraw
    5 Moondancer
    3 Willpower
    Perfected Asylum Inferno
    Maelstrom Inferno

I prefer Moondancer over Acuity because it gives Minor Slayer and helps with sustain, while still providing a good amount of spell damage on average. It does rely a lot on your healer providing orbs though. If you can’t get at least 80-90% uptime on combined Lunar and Shadow blessings then there are better options.

The reason I recommend a lightning staff initially is that you can use the channeled heavy attack to immediately see where Llothis teleports, and even keep him target locked. In the long run Inferno staves will do more damage though.

You should definitely avoid Spell Strategist as interruptor. Your splash damage is more important than your single target, and it’s typically a bad idea to kill Llothis too early.

For Mundus stone go with Thief stone for damage. Swap to Apprentice if you end up wearing Acuity. Lover if debuffs aren’t good (Ele Drain, Alkosh, Crusher). And you can even do Atronach if you aren’t getting enough Magickasteal and Orbs.

Im going to tell the interrupter about the lightning staff thing, very clever!
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve been playing around with asylum staves for a while, they’re strong as a nb. Issue with using one and no monster set is the undaunted bonus. I think the solution is 5x Siroria 5x Julianos (crafting one heavy and one med) and 2x asylum staves.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I interrupt myself, and I use iceheart, torugs pact/Phoenix/willpower/3 IA and perfected asylum+maelstrom lightning.

Iceheart works wonders, and Phoenix is a freebie every once in a while.

The reasoning behind torugs is the spell resistance and health, and the extra sustain it gives through the absorb magicka enchantment on my perfected inferno.

Lightning staff back bar for the exact reason that @WrathOfInnos mentioned. I basically never die, even without Phoenix due to the additional tankiness torugs gives. Everything in vAS is magic damage...
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is an interesting question. I interrupt myself in this trial on my magsorc that is generally utility player in trials (ie back room, downstairs, interrupt, kite, etc.) Here are my thoughts:

The main this is that you can't be using anything that requires you be stationary, near the boss, synergizing, or procing in a not completely passive way or requires the enemy to stand still for very long.

Slime-claw is certainly the best dps monster for this since you will get basically no combat prayer. Alternately, the saves for yourself and other whole group members from earthgore actually might be worth it since it is always a *** show, I believe there are DOT's to purge, and your dps is not absolutely paramount (staying alive is though).

I lean twords Infal / mothers sorrow for the dps sets because self heals are big in there and more crit is more self heal reliability on a sorc. Spell strat would be more dps in the non-trial set slot but I suspect in the trials slot nothing is much better than infal here since it has one more flat buff than most trials sets do.

If you are really looking to go tanky, and off meta I would actually do a light fortified brass for one of the 5 pc sets rather than the phoenix. You might even cross that with a chudan monster for even more base resistances. You would have half tank resistances in this set up with full light armor passives. At that point you could just eat one extra mechanic per mistake without death. That would be much better than a get out of death free card you only get once per try.

For what it is worth I am using 5x infal front, 5x mothers sorrow, vma back, and Ilambris. I need to switch out that Ilambris though as it is not the best choice in there. I am leaning tword earthgore for the lower overall *** show factor.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.