The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Time For Wrecking Blow Rework

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This skill should be an instant cast spammable, damage would come down of course. Also empower is pretty uselsss these days. Would be nice to see a minor effect on there or something like that. This skill is pretty much unused and I think it’s really time for a change, plus it would open up build diversity and give classes that already have a CC (in PvP) and new way to use 2H.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    This skill should be an instant cast spammable, damage would come down of course. Also empower is pretty uselsss these days. Would be nice to see a minor effect on there or something like that. This skill is pretty much unused and I think it’s really time for a change, plus it would open up build diversity and give classes that already have a CC (in PvP) and new way to use 2H.

Good old days of WB are long gone. I remember the super combo Foss + WB + Leap... it was the stamDK execute for default
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Good old days of WB are long gone. I remember the super combo Foss + WB + Leap... it was the stamDK execute for default

Yeah that was dope. I don’t think it needs to boost leap anymore, but it should function differently that dizzy. Right now it’s just a lame stand in or poorly thought out changes.
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What about the iconic "combo" of WB, WB, WB, WB? o:)
    Edited by mr_wazzabi on December 25, 2018 2:03PM
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No wrecking blow does not need a rework. Two handed is about slow ass skills and heavies that are really hard hitting. You take away the cast time you lose the burst potential. I say the same thing to people who want dark flare instant. You'll ruin it! Plenty of other spammables that are instant. Hell even silver shards / leash isn't bad to use if you lack one class wise
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    No wrecking blow does not need a rework. Two handed is about slow ass skills and heavies that are really hard hitting. You take away the cast time you lose the burst potential. I say the same thing to people who want dark flare instant. You'll ruin it! Plenty of other spammables that are instant. Hell even silver shards / leash isn't bad to use if you lack one class wise

Sure, I guess. If you’re Xv1ing maybe. But for serious players dizzy swing is already bad enough becuse the targeting is ***, and wrecking blow isn’t used by anyone (relatively). Since ZOS looks at skills that aren’t used and tries to make them usable, this is one. Right now 2H is basically either a backbar weapon or its used in conjunction with DW for the execute for classes that don’t have their own or enough burst, like Stam Sorc. Very few players use it as a main weapon anymore, if you have anything less than a perfect connect you might as well just not bother. If you want the burst potential you’d go for dizzy swing because it provides the CC which is an integral part of any burst combo. And actually very few stamina classes do have access to a spammable. Really just stamina Templar and NB. Stamin sorc and DK are left in the dust and to a lesser extent Warden, but then who honestly thinks they need help. There’s no reason the morph (wrecking blow) can’t be changed to something different.
    Edited by Vapirko on December 25, 2018 4:47PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually tried using it recently after deciding it was crap in the speed meta last patch. Still crap. Doubt having a good root would help either as there's plenty of time for a roll dodge or just shuffle/FM/mist and move.

But what about the psijiik weapon light attack buff thing? Thought some were using that?

• TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried wrecking blow with the new overload on my stam sorc. It might be worth it if I had a physical morph of overload, but as it is it is a far too clunky burst combo with little reward to justify the clumsiness. If wrecking blow doesn't work in that build well, I don't know what build it would work with. It definitely needs some attention.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong, the targeting on dizzy is bad and when it is lagging, the skill becomes like a 2s cast time instead of a 1s. That being said, with the update that fixed the new targeting bug introduced with murkmire, dizzy actually feels really good in pvp against most targets.

It's a high skill cap skill. There are ways to weave medium length heavy attacks to shorten the animation on dizzy making it much harder to dodge, and in general it is probably the most targeting intensive ability in the game. Players like myself can completley dominate with this ability, especially against anyone with sub par movement abilities. The stamsorc build I'm running with dizzy right now can 1 burst almost any target, and in terms of dizzy's functionality I wouldn't have it any other way. I see a lot of players demanding this skill become an "instant cast spammable" because it is apparently "clunky", but truthfully I think this has a lot to do with their inability to use it properly because of a lack of experience. If dizzy had it's damage lowered and cast time removed, for players like me there wouldn't be a reason to run it, and many builds that utilize dizzy's current iteration wouldn't function well.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step 1) "Cut a hole in the box"
    Increase damage slightly, like 2 or 3%.

Step 2) "Put ya junk in that box"
    Add a bonus effect to it while slotting. There's like a billion things it could be, maybe even a billion and one, but I suggest either reduced skill cost or some ***.

Step 3) "Make her open the box"
    Possibly rework the mechanics of the skill. Some don't want a cast time, some demand it stays. Why not go for the compromise and make it a channeled combo skill? Old school Legend Of Zelda slice-slice-thrust attack?

Step 4) "And that's how ya do it"
    Profit?
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Zekka
    Zekka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, the targeting on dizzy is bad and when it is lagging, the skill becomes like a 2s cast time instead of a 1s. That being said, with the update that fixed the new targeting bug introduced with murkmire, dizzy actually feels really good in pvp against most targets.

It's a high skill cap skill. There are ways to weave medium length heavy attacks to shorten the animation on dizzy making it much harder to dodge, and in general it is probably the most targeting intensive ability in the game. Players like myself can completley dominate with this ability, especially against anyone with sub par movement abilities. The stamsorc build I'm running with dizzy right now can 1 burst almost any target, and in terms of dizzy's functionality I wouldn't have it any other way. I see a lot of players demanding this skill become an "instant cast spammable" because it is apparently "clunky", but truthfully I think this has a lot to do with their inability to use it properly because of a lack of experience. If dizzy had it's damage lowered and cast time removed, for players like me there wouldn't be a reason to run it, and many builds that utilize dizzy's current iteration wouldn't function well.

We're talking about the wrecking blow morph which is pretty much unused since Empower got changed to a light attack buff, not dizzying swing (which is fine the way it is).
    I agree with OP, an instant cast wrecking blow would make the choice between the two morphs actually interesting: high damage and CC into one skill but with a cast time or lower damage and no CC but instant for pressure.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zekka wrote: »

We're talking about the wrecking blow morph which is pretty much unused since Empower got changed to a light attack buff, not dizzying swing (which is fine the way it is).
    I agree with OP, an instant cast wrecking blow would make the choice between the two morphs actually interesting: high damage and CC into one skill but with a cast time or lower damage and no CC but instant for pressure.

Yea most people in this thread don't understand that the OP is talking about Wrecking Blow specifically.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

most stuff needs a rework but i can get behind this. i hate usless morphs and skills.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »

What about the iconic "combo" of WB, WB, WB, WB? o:)

Naah, no recovering of stam and health and no minor brutality

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    Zekka wrote: »

Yea most people in this thread don't understand that the OP is talking about Wrecking Blow specifically.

Most people in this thread didn't play the game when WB was a Wrecking Blow (It had old empower and also the CC)
    Edited by Xvorg on December 26, 2018 3:16PM

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has to finally happen. Don‘t forget to post it in the PTS section once the patch is up, so it doesn‘t get overlooked.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WB should be the PVE morph. The skill is actually fairly potent and strong and makes for a very friendly dot-light rotation. But it's more hampered by the fact that 2H is godawful compared to DW than by virtue of WB being weak.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrecking and dizzy just take way to long.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrecking and dizzy just take way to long.

Dizzy swing is really powerful. So the time it takes makes sense. The issue isn’t the time it’s the shoddy targeting mechanism, and of course lag. Wrecking blow should offer something different as there is really no point in using wrecking blow at all. If you’re going to choose one of the two and suffer the cast time then it’s going to be for the CC. Although I doubt we will see a change this next PTS cycle. It would be nice to see wrecking blow offer an alternative style of play in the coming year.