The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about resetting a instance, dungeon, etc

thefixerupper
Hey guys,

I am trying to figure out how to reset a place such as Dreloth ancestral tomb (in vvrandafal), so I can go back in and farm the urns.

Typically I would log in and out of the game and it would reset them in the city at a manor, but this doesn't seem to work in places like this. So I am wondering if you can reset them and how to reset them?

Also side question: What does a coffin (without a "+" sign) mean on the map? Does it mean group content or something else?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quest-specific delves do not reset.

Once you have completed the quest phase that uses it (which often is completing the quest itself) ... you no longer have access to it.

The best way to leave these open is to not finish the quest (or in some cases the phase of the quest).

This is especially true with Dreloth Ancestral Tomb since the involved quest is only a side quest and doesn't affect the Telvanni Main Quest.

Best bet is to do it on another character ... but don't finish the quest to keep access to the tomb.

Also side question: What does a coffin (without a "+" sign) mean on the map? Does it mean group content or something else?

Graveyards (with the "coffin" icon) are just overland quest hubs.

Some, like Cath Bedraud in Glenumbra, have a catacombs that are a separate instance underground (usually quest related).

The "+" sign signifies that a group is recommended for the graveyard locale ... such as Skyreach Catacombs in Craglorn.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 29, 2018 11:05PM