The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The next level of Small Scale PvP

Jeezye
Jeezye
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone,

coming from mainly challenging my skills by comparing performance in 1vX scenarios, I am setting up a new project with my buddies that I'd like to share. Basically, I got tired of all nerfs that strike 1vX players and now want to play the game it is designed for: in a group scenario. My goal is to leverage as many inter-class, armor set and buff synergies as possible to create a group setup that can push the boundaries of outnumbered fighting. My first attempt to do so is in a duo setup, and after some brainstorming me and my bro decided to go for a magden + stamplar combo with the first results shown in the following video. Note that we have not yet optimized gear, I was running light instead of heavy and playing on my laptop during holidays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgSn-8BRJBU&t=227s

Some explanation to the video: We decided to run a mobile damage orientated stamplar that can peel for the immobile magden to leverage the mobility of natures embrace. Secondly, power of the light and bleeds provide enough single target pressure while jabs and the frostden aoe's withle groups down. The magden setup is running SPC, which is argueably stronger with more group members but still was the best option we could find. With torugs and blockade, the magden provides slows and roots to control the fights while having burst potential with deep fissure and providing enough hots to keep us going. Lastly, corrupting pollen counters the many dedicated healers that we often face.

Since this is more of a beta version and a glimpse of what is potentially achievable, I'd like to hear some feedback and opinions on possible synergies/ group setups and experience you made trying to create a dedicated "squad" for Cyrodiil. Note that we are targeting to create a team of ~4 players, not a dedicated zerg with rapids and purge spammers!

Much greetz!
Edited by Jeezye on December 28, 2018 3:31PM
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can take the time to farm it
    Olorime over spc especially perfected version. Uptime is essentially 100% provided your teammate walks over the rune once every 30s.
    You can 1 bar this as well
    BLack rose resto will provide both you and your duo insane healing capabilities especially as stamplar/Magden with purify access and hots.

Necro would be the best for raw damage and affect potential ward usage and healing output.
    But if you want to go more for heavy/tanky.
    Bs/pirate skele/1chudan1pirate/tri glyphs and argonian are really good alternative options which will still allow you to keep the light armor passives which are huge in survival and damage.

Heavy maybe alch/axiom/brass and then a raw damage stat light armor set to pair with it.

If you plan on using the stamplar for mobility when needed

Steed mundus/medium/1 swift/orc/cp passive/cowards back bar are decent options

Otherwise impreg/auto bs/chud and pirate 1x
    Infused traits weapon damage

Ravager/alch/black rose dw are things to consider.

If you push to 4
    I’d pick up a dk and stamsorc.
    Both have good utility for the group while being fairly tanky.

Stack vigors as a 4 man and watch your survival rate spike.

Nice job
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx for the long reply!

I‘m not sure if I prefer Olorine over SPC, since you loose one setbonus and positioning to get the buff might be hard in the heat of a fight. Since I try to get around pve if possible I’ll skip that for the near future.

I’ve actually looked into BR desto and thought the same, super effective for a duo setup. I haven’t had the time yet to farm it but will definitely give it a shot next year, replacing s/b.

For now I’m liking the torugs/SPC combo but will surely test a more offensive setup like lightning staff + necro/ shack or other sets.

The Templar is actually running exactly what you say, medium orc with steed Mundes - nice you thought of the same :) I suggested to switch bow for DW too but the downside is less uptime of major expedition, cowards might be intersting to consider.

Really excited to create a dedicated 4 man team soon, have some nice combos in mind already :)

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope to meet your group some day! Sounds & looks very promising.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy