The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Heavy flame damage armor?

dazee
dazee
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Any non monster versions of this around?
Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Dillpat
    Dillpat
    ✭✭✭
    what do u mean flame damage armour? there is ashen grip which does fire dmg when you deal damage and way of fire which also does flame dmg when u use a weapon skill and deal dmg.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elf Bane and Silks of the Sun buff your flame damage length and flame damage power, respectively.
  • Matthros
    Matthros
    ✭✭✭
    Way of the Fire is heavy armor and does flame damage as the 5th piece bonus if that’s what you are referring to.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm looking for magicka based sets, sorry I should have specified.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    I'm looking for magicka based sets, sorry I should have specified.

Way of Fire that Matthros mentioned is the only heavy armor set that has anything related to fire that I am aware of.

So it seems there are no 5pc HA sets that are in line with what you are looking for.
  • Matthros
    Matthros
    ✭✭✭
    For magicka based there is Flame Blossum which shoots out a line of fire but it’s not very good. There is also BSW and mentioned before there is Elf Bane and Silks of the Sun.
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ice Funace?

(2 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka

(3 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical

(4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage

(5 items) When you deal direct damage with a Frost Damage ability, you have a 50% chance to deal an additional 1046 Flame Damage to all enemies within 8 meters around the initial target. This effect can occur once every 1 second.

Heavy AND magicka based!
    PS4 NA
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    keevil111 wrote: »
    Ice Funace?

(5 items) When you deal direct damage with a Frost Damage ability, you have a 50% chance to deal an additional 1046 Flame Damage to all enemies within 8 meters around the initial target. This effect can occur once every 1 second.

Heavy AND magicka based!

Crap Furnace shouldn't be considererd a set in this game
    Edited by Xvorg on December 26, 2018 8:57PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    keevil111 wrote: »
    Ice Funace?

Heavy AND magicka based!

Yeah, even the ice mages don't like it.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They should buff it to be on the level with Poison Serpent that this set is equivalent. Then it would be some sort of option for pvpers. With these kind of stats its really crap furnace.
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flame procs on Heavy Armor is quite rare, literally providing us with Way of Fire (for Stam... grrrrr) and then Ice Furnace (so weak).

If it's a class with lots of class abilities you're better off with Innate Axiom and pair it with another strong set for sustain.

This is where the game feels linited because certain sets in specific armor types should exist but don't.

In Light Armor we have BSW, Flame Blossom, Silks of the Sun.

Medium Armor has Sunderflame and Red Mountain for Stam users and the option to use Ashen Grip (such a weak set tbh).

Arguably the best Flame proc set in the game is Red Mountain with regards to damaging procs.

Flame Blossom is nice but requires setup.

Elf Bane is the best of the Heavy Armor sets for mag DK but limits most other classes.

TLDR.... Find another way
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dillpat wrote: »
    what do u mean flame damage armour? there is ashen grip which does fire dmg when you deal damage and way of fire which also does flame dmg when u use a weapon skill and deal dmg.

isn't that set ass?
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

isn't that set ass?

Way of Fire isn't awful tbh. It works well with certain specs but is niche enough to keep it very cheap to build with.

Ashen Grip is just a joke. I think it's a perfect example of a set that was Mediocre on release and then just got worse as we got stronger.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matthros wrote: »
    Way of the Fire is heavy armor and does flame damage as the 5th piece bonus if that’s what you are referring to.

Way of Fire is probably as close to what you’re looking for as you can get. But let me save you the time, it’s terrible. Even on a DK the proc damage tooltip remains pitifully low, around 5k and that’s before you take into account battle spirit and resistances. Ashes Grip is even lower. There’s also maw of the infernal monster set. But the only time that’s any kind of use is when you run your own magicka sorc pet Zerg.
    Edited by Vapirko on December 27, 2018 9:38AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Way of Fire is probably as close to what you’re looking for as you can get. But let me save you the time, it’s terrible. Even on a DK the proc damage tooltip remains pitifully low, around 5k and that’s before you take into account battle spirit and resistances. Ashes Grip is even lower. There’s also maw of the infernal monster set. But the only time that’s any kind of use is when you run your own magicka sorc pet Zerg.

I don't get why you're saying ''Even on a Dk''. As if Dk has any dps passives outside of aoe flame damage. Way of fire is single target, it doesn't even benefit from world in ruin.

If your goal is to reach the highest tooltip possible on a proc set, your best bet is nightblade.(what a shocker, yeah I know)
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 28, 2018 11:24AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't get why you're saying ''Even on a Dk''. As if Dk has any dps passives outside of aoe flame damage. Way of fire is single target, it doesn't even benefit from world in ruin.

If your goal is to reach the highest tooltip possible on a proc set, your best bet is nightblade.(what a shocker, yeah I know)

They are referring to engulfing flames.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

In that case my bad. But nightblades do still have better tooltips on proc sets, with minor+major berserk, %10 spell/weapon damage while in cloak, and they have mark which reduces your resistances (engulf doesn't give major breach afaik)
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

In that case my bad. But nightblades do still have better tooltips on proc sets, with minor+major berserk, %10 spell/weapon damage while in cloak, and they have mark which reduces your resistances (engulf doesn't give major breach afaik)

Major berzerk is only on kill, and only lasts 5 seconds, hardly reliable.

Minor berzerk can be had from slimecraw, since we are talking about uping the damage of a specific five piece proc set, way of fire.

Weapon and spell damage have exactly zero impact on proc sets, no idea you would bring that up.

You can get major breach from eledrain, for free.

Nightblades are not the gods of proc sets like you are trying to imply.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on December 28, 2018 1:07PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Minor berzerk can be had from slimecraw, since we are talking about uping the damage of a specific five piece proc set, way of fire.

Weapon and spell damage have exactly zero impact on proc sets, no idea you would bring that up.

and the nightblade can wear balorgh and drop an incap to put a gap so big that the Dk can't even hope to reach.

Tooltip is one thing, the actual damage you hit is another.

And yes, nightblades are gods of any kind of cheese in this game, time and time again things got nerfed because nightblades abused them.
    I don't need to prove my point, Its obvious to anyone played eso long term. As for Dks they also caused the same problem but not in the form of one shotting people but instead not getting one shot, creating nightblade tears as a result. (except that time with black rose-viper, and the other time with seventh legion :trollface: )
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 28, 2018 2:16PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

isn't that set ass?

Way of Fire isn't awful tbh. It works well with certain specs but is niche enough to keep it very cheap to build with.

Ashen Grip is just a joke. I think it's a perfect example of a set that was Mediocre on release and then just got worse as we got stronger.

In fact it can be useful in a magicka based "hybrid". DK and Sorc can take good advantage of the max stam and wpn dmg nonus (weapon crit is just bad).

And you can proc the effect for free with weakness to elements

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Engulfing do not proc WoF. Only weapon skills and Light and heavy attacks

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

hmmm, hardly doubt it. Dotblade with skoria is on par or even superior to any mDK dot build. You can make good use of cripple, lotus, TP, VoB or even tether. It used to be even better with agony, but we know how whinners ruined that skill.
    Not to mention sap tank (with Bahraha's and Leeching), Bomblade (VD and Stygian) or any stamblade with a proc set.

Imho it is not bad, the class is meant to be used with sets that increase their performance and NB does that perfectly.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

and the nightblade can wear balorgh and drop an incap to put a gap so big that the Dk can't even hope to reach.

And yes, nightblades are gods of any kind of cheese in this game, time and time again things got nerfed because nightblades abused them.
    I don't need to prove my point, Its obvious to anyone played eso long term. As for Dks they also caused the same problem but not in the form of one shotting people but instead not getting one shot, creating nightblade tears as a result. (except that time with black rose-viper, and the other time with seventh legion :trollface: )

It is not NBs fault. I like the class a lot, but it needs to be played with proc sets otherwise it is crap.
    Edited by Xvorg on December 28, 2018 3:15PM

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Engulfing do not proc WoF. Only weapon skills and Light and heavy attacks

i am aware. engulfing will make the proc hit for 10% harder though.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OP-

If you're looking for heavy armor sets that boost or have flame damage qualities- you'll want to look at Elf Bane. However, if you're a DK- you could also look into crafting a heavy set of Innate Axiom (it's a crafting station in Clockwork City). It gives 400 spell damage to all of your class abilities (flame and magic).

Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure weither you're looking for a heavy armor set that does flame damage or an armor set that does heavy (as in a lot of) flame damage.
    For the first there is Embershield that has not been mentioned yet.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It is not NBs fault. I like the class a lot, but it needs to be played with proc sets otherwise it is crap.

Nightblade is anything but crap, ever since they ''fixed'' cloak. Cloak itself is a problem, not specificly nightblade, but the fact that nightblades do get so many good passives + good abilities does nothing but further improve the gap.

And while its a god tier tool for small scale, solo pvp, 1vX etc, the class has nothing good that makes it valueable in a group. Its almost always better to have a warden or templar over a stamblade.(or stamDk for that matter, since both are single target focused with little to no group utility)
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 29, 2018 4:21PM