The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game slows down after a while high cpu low gpu

drguild
drguild
Haven't seen a thread about this on here.

When playing after a while can be 30 mins or a couple hours depending on what I am doing the game and my fps drops until I reload the game.
I notice gathering materials makes it worse as I have been doing quite a bit of gathering nodes.

I start with about 40-50 FPS in zones and when I reload my FPS is down to 15FPS, then it mostly stays low until a game reload but frame rate varies.

My system has a i7 1366 X5560 CPU 2.6GHZ clocked at 3.8GHZ, GTX 1070 and 12GB ram.

I notice when it happens my GPU ends up about 38% from 100% when I first load the game.
The games most used core is also high, so I assume the cpu is getting more loaded and not releasing stuff and slowing the game down.

When I first got the game on black friday things seemed good and I played for hours without issue.
It could be the addons I am using now.
I dunno if there's a way to check for performance of addons without just turning them all off.

I know ZoS has some performance improvements they are looking into like the guild roster.

I am planning a newer system early next year.
Was wondering if other people are seeing the same thing the game slowing down the longer you play.

Adding a screenshot of my resources.
The windows cpu speed is incorrect as the cpu is clocked at 3.8GHZ in bios and shows correct frequency CPUID.

qBKavx6.jpg
Edited by drguild on December 25, 2018 4:26PM
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you use any add-ons when this occurs? I had a similar problem exactly like you're describing where the game would get to a horribly slow stuttering state after 30 min to an hour of playtime particularly when gathering and doing treasure maps and junk.

I eventually narrowed down this problem to Fyrakin's minimap addon, I haven't experienced the issue since I disabled that and started using AUI's (advanced ui) minimap instead.
    love is love
  • drguild
    drguild
    Do you use any add-ons when this occurs? I had a similar problem exactly like you're describing where the game would get to a horribly slow stuttering state after 30 min to an hour of playtime particularly when gathering and doing treasure maps and junk.

I eventually narrowed down this problem to Fyrakin's minimap addon, I haven't experienced the issue since I disabled that and started using AUI's (advanced ui) minimap instead.

I don't use that minimap I use AUI and I also use quite a few other addons.

Harvest Map
    Loot drop
    Dustman
    AwesomeGuildStore
    Chat Sounds
    Go Home
    Inventory Grid View
    Lorebooks
    Lost Treasure
    Map Pins
    pChat
    Photographer
    QuestMap
    RavaloxQuestTracker
    Skyshards

So will need to see what may be causing it from the above list.

Update: I found a new version of AUI on the ESOUI site that minion wasn't giving me.
    Game seemed to run fine and stable frame rates until I started farming again.
    So it may be farming related harvest map?
    I'll turn it off and check what's what.
    Edited by drguild on December 29, 2018 5:12PM