The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Want a BG PvP bow/bow guide?

Zeromaz
Zeromaz
✭✭✭✭
Do you enjoy hate whispers in-game? Are you anti-social? Do you suffer from having too many people on your friends list and wish to free yourself from this anxiety inducing obstacle by making them rage-remove you off their list?

I’m here to help! I play an infamous bow/bow NB in battlegrounds named Ovenface.

Yesterday I had someone with video editing and creation skills approach me to ask if I was interested in recording a build and gameplay video. I’m not against the idea, but never had the desire to make a video. So I leave it up to everyone who reads this. If there is enough demand for an Ovenface debut, i’ll take the time to make it.

Please share your thoughts, interests, hate, or whatever else you have.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda curious what you have and Ill compare it with mine
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. Post a video so I can learn a quick way to beat you.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Yeah. Post a video so I can learn a quick way to beat you.

I figured this would be the highlight. Thanks for confirmation Chunky
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salt-farming builds are always interesting to see.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The damage is downright savage. The stealth gank element really gets my blood boiling tho lol
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    The damage is downright savage. The stealth gank element really gets my blood boiling tho lol

Thanks. You’re not the only one that gets upset lol
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love to get a look at your playstyle and/or build for sure
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »

I can save you the time: stealth, snipe spam, repeat. Oh and toss in a draining shot to be extra sure the game lags and you get health desyncs lol. If an assassins will procs just toss that in. Idk the OP specifically but I can assure you it’s not really a playstyle, more just a cop out. I built an off trait argonian (an old stambalde) bow build for kicks to see what it’s like and the kill ratios end up pretty similar to my main melee build. Just use any direct damage sets that’s dont require a proc like spriggans, any of the bow sets, even hunting’s rage is ok. It literally requires no skill and just some basic know how.
    Edited by Vapirko on December 29, 2018 5:12AM
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

I can save you the time: stealth, snipe spam, repeat. Oh and toss in a draining shot to be extra sure the game lags and you get health desyncs lol. If an assassins will procs just toss that in. Idk the OP specifically but I can assure you it’s not really a playstyle, more just a cop out. I built an off trait argonian (an old stambalde) bow build for kicks to see what it’s like and the kill ratios end up pretty similar to my main melee build. Just use any direct damage sets that’s dont require a proc like spriggans, any of the bow sets, even hunting’s rage is ok. It literally requires no skill and just some basic know how.

You know nothing Jon Snow

vCIZaEH.jpg[img][/img]https://imgur.com/vCIZaEH
    Edited by Zeromaz on December 29, 2018 5:23AM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You died a couple times? What a noob.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    You died a couple times? What a noob.

Didn’t want to get reported again. Had to make it look legit
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

bow/bow can kill mediocre (or even gank decent) players without skill, but Ovenface runs a competitive build at high mmrs and I would like to know more about how he does it.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ll record some stuff this week. I wrote an outline of talking points. Just need to get my sexy radio voice to read it
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ovenface!
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »

I’d be up to see some gameplay also. High MMR isnt always a good indication you’re up against good players. Depends on what time zone you’re in. I’ve no doubt that with the right build and a bit of practice you can get serious kill scores. Seeing as with my off trait armor argonian I was able to nearly match my melee main kills with very little effort and almost no practice, especially on a map like the one in the pic. I’m not so easily impressed by people who claim to run legit bow builds and don’t just spend a lot of time practicing snipe builds. Bow skills are notorious for causing lag, NBs have insane single target damage burst potential and the CC from stealth hits is also notoriously laggy with breakfrees. I’ll be impressed if I see some gameplay that doesn’t overly rely on stealth and kill steals. I’ve seen a few players do it but it’s super rare. But hey I’m always up to see something new.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sharee wants to have a word with You. Remember to make archer valid that 59 kills needs to be done against premade teams when Your team is sitting at spawn otherwise archer is underperforming...
    Edited by Juhasow on December 30, 2018 12:09PM
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe i’ll do this in two seperate videos. One with your typical gameplay/build info. A second video on how I personnally play it, tips, movement and positioning, how to be helpful to your team, avoiding damage, etc.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    g4Ktsbt.jpg
    Edited by ChunkyCat on December 30, 2018 5:48PM
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Slightly different from my 1st bow build and completely different from my current non snipe build. Your build should have been my 1st bow build.