Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Finding motifs in guild traders

paul_j
paul_j
✭✭✭
Wish there was a “search” option but I guess I’ll spend the whole day going through each guild trader for hours going through page by page 😩😭
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could always set the filter to a specific price range you are willing to pay. If what you need is not within that price range, it makes it easier to sort through.
  • paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    Ah this is true! But sometimes there are sleeper motifs that are really cheap that I might miss 😩😭
  • zzzgibbs
    zzzgibbs
    Yeah I just posted a similar discussion about search engine for guild traders. I spend the same amount of time looking for set pieces in trader when I could just type in what set I’m looking for.
    Same problem with finding motifs and whatever else you are looking for.
    Please give us a search engine!!
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    If you're on PC, you can utilize the ttc website, so that you at least know where to look if you need a specific motif, and the Awesome Guild Store addon which has a search function. I held out for so long against one more addon, but it's really been a game changer for me.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I especially love the hiding of known motives and recipes.. so I only see the ones I dont know yet.. if you are lucky to be on PC. Though I think TTC in the browser also lists xbox and playstation as an option..

Edit: just checked.. yeah they are listed but there are no entries.. how could there be any .. sorry
    Edited by lientier on December 29, 2018 5:06PM
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    paul_j wrote: »
    Wish there was a “search” option but I guess I’ll spend the whole day going through each guild trader for hours going through page by page 😩😭

The tried and true console method....

Guild store search settings: Crafting -> Blacksmithing -> Motif, Quality = Epic

Hold on the down button looking for a faint flicker of text to switch from "You already know this style" to "Read to add to known styles" (Or whatever the exact text is)

That's how I painstakingly found all unknown provisioning recipes, motifs, furniture plans, etc. on Xbox.

Of course I'd hate to do the provisioning/furnishing search now that if you specify "green" quality is still returns blue/purple/gold, etc.

Best of luck in your search. You have my empathy.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• johnandalina
    Has anybody found what they want on TTC? I am PC Europe and am missing just 3 motifs (akvari belts, dro martha chests and helmet) I have been searching travelling on a regular basis and if even just a few minutes I seem to have missed out. I can understand been unlucky sometimes but not for weeks!

Is there any other way of getting? begging for items in chat or something?

Oh Happy New Year fellow crafters
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anybody found what they want on TTC? I am PC Europe and am missing just 3 motifs (akvari belts, dro martha chests and helmet) I have been searching travelling on a regular basis and if even just a few minutes I seem to have missed out. I can understand been unlucky sometimes but not for weeks!

Is there any other way of getting? begging for items in chat or something?

Oh Happy New Year fellow crafters

The problem with TTC listings, is that the system only uploads information based on what the person was "seeing" in the guild trader. This, many times, implies that the listing you see, is the thing they were looking for, and thus, they bought it. It is a very common thing with TTC.

As far as the Akaviri motif, I believe you can just buy those still? They sell for AP, so you might be able to broker a trade with somebody who does pvp to buy it. The Dro-m'athra ones though, you'll just have to keep looking I'm afraid. Too bad it wasn't 2 years ago, when those pages dropped like candy in there.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭

If you are on PC you can just download the awesome guild store addon. You can do just that with that addon.
  • paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    MonkLoHan wrote: »

If you are on PC you can just download the awesome guild store addon. You can do just that with that addon.

I’m on PS4 😰😭
  • Malborn66
    Malborn66
    ✭✭✭
    If you are on PC, I can heartily recommend TTC (Tamriel Trade Centre) addon.

This allows you to feed info into a central database by visiting traders.

There is a website for the EU at the following location:
    https://eu.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade

What you can do with the advanced search option is to look for stuff currently on sale, what sort of prices are being asked, where they are being sold and how long ago they were put on sale.

I have used this to very good effect over the last couple of weeks to complete some Motifs on various characters.

Malborn
    PC-EU
  • Psychpsych13
    Psychpsych13
    ✭✭
    A search option for those of us on console would be a much needed improvement. But, if this is too difficult to implement, maybe a toggle for known/unknown motifs could be implemented.

It's pretty tedious looking for the last few motifs or the last few furnishing patterns otherwise.
    PS4 NA
    Phystacis - MagBlade
    Gabralter - MagSorc
    Fadrex - MagPlar
  • Zodiac_
    Zodiac_
    ✭✭✭
    ESO TTC website worksk for console players as well

https://tamrieltradecentre.com/
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zodiac_ wrote: »
    ESO TTC website worksk for console players as well

https://tamrieltradecentre.com/

Yeah, but I believe the information must be manually entered by console players, and I highly doubt too many do that. I know I don't.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

The tried and true console method....

Guild store search settings: Crafting -> Blacksmithing -> Motif, Quality = Epic

Hold on the down button looking for a faint flicker of text to switch from "You already know this style" to "Read to add to known styles" (Or whatever the exact text is)

That's how I painstakingly found all unknown provisioning recipes, motifs, furniture plans, etc. on Xbox.

Of course I'd hate to do the provisioning/furnishing search now that if you specify "green" quality is still returns blue/purple/gold, etc.

Best of luck in your search. You have my empathy.

Yeah...I hope they fix that soon. It got fixed on PC, but not yet on console. Really annoying when searching for furniture plans, though most of the time, I'm just looking for purple.

Even just a toggle, as others mentioned, for known/unknown would help tremendously. Or, you know, they could just look at the Awesome Guildstore Addon if they can't figure out how to do this themselves.