Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do the eyes of the new daemon chicken glow red when vamps are out? (Nope. They glow every night)

StormChaser3000
StormChaser3000
✭✭✭✭✭
As probably some of you know, sertain pets are not just cosmetic but have an ability to signal when there is a new moon and bloodfiends are out. So far as I know Halloween cockerel and one of the goats get glowing red eyes on those days.
After I found out about that and verified if it's true with someone's else pet (it it true) I decided to get one of those pets myself, but none of the above mentioned two pets were available by then.

The question is: does the new daemon chicken from Xanmeer crates have this ability too? At least, did you notice that sometimes (about once a week) its eyes start to look like red flares?
Edited by StormChaser3000 on December 26, 2018 5:44AM

Best Answer

• StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so here is an update. I found a person is the game who has it and they said that chicken has glowing eyes every night. As for the rooster, it was a lucky coincidence. Looks like they also glow every night.
    So apparently only goat has such ability.
    Answer ✓
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    I believe I was one who started that thread, because I was aware that Sanguine's goat did that. Theoretically, as I'd gotten it from the Storm Atronach crates, it might be coming out again sometime soon (they do recycle crates for short times randomly). The others are not certain, at this point, and I haven't taken the time to try to find out much (nor do I have the daemon chicken, only the daemon cockerel). I'd say to keep an eye out for the storm atronach crates, as those are the ones I'm pretty sure will get you what you want.

@Alassirana
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no idea of this feature; very cool!
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe I was one who started that thread, because I was aware that Sanguine's goat did that. Theoretically, as I'd gotten it from the Storm Atronach crates, it might be coming out again sometime soon (they do recycle crates for short times randomly). The others are not certain, at this point, and I haven't taken the time to try to find out much (nor do I have the daemon chicken, only the daemon cockerel). I'd say to keep an eye out for the storm atronach crates, as those are the ones I'm pretty sure will get you what you want.

@Alassirana

I think that goat is from Wild Hunt Crown Crates, not Storm ones.

As for the cockerel, it could be a coincidence but two days ago I saw someone's cockerel with glowing eyes and decided to check Bangkorai. Vampires were out and my alt got infected. So now I wonder about the chicken. I don't want to pay 40 gems if it doesn't have this feature.
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    This has to be true. Its the only reason I can see for people who seem to get SOOOOOO excited about this chicken. If true, this makes what I've always thought of as the most ridiculous non combat pet in the game, become the coolest non combat pet in the game.

• StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MonkLoHan wrote: »
    This has to be true. Its the only reason I can see for people who seem to get SOOOOOO excited about this chicken. If true, this makes what I've always thought of as the most ridiculous non combat pet in the game, become the coolest non combat pet in the game.

Nah, as I posted in the update above chickens don't indicate anything. I clarified this today. They just shine every night. Well, people just like ridiculous stuff I guess xD I find it positive and funny, though I wouldn't buy one myself.
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw, that's disappointing about the chicken. But, it's confirmed that the goat does have this ability?
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw, that's disappointing about the chicken. But, it's confirmed that the goat does have this ability?

I haven't tested that myself, but there are a lot of reports that the goat's eyes shine red only occasionally. Definitely not every night. Some of the owners were going to vampire spawn places on those nights and found bloodfiends there. So personally I'm 99% sure that the goat is legit. Whenever Wild Hunt crates are back I'm buying it.
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually have the goat. Love at first sight and all that lol...thanks
    PC/ NA
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually have the goat. Love at first sight and all that lol...thanks

Cool. You can contribute to the statistics then. Next time when it shines red visit a couple spawn places (especially the one at the north-east in Bangkorai, by the river) and let as know what you find there.
    Just to know: the last time bloodfiends were seen this Thursday. So watch your goat especially close around that day next week (plus minus a day).
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on December 24, 2018 5:18AM
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will do! Thanks for the info! I've only ever gotten vampirism from being bitten by other players. Would be interesting to try this way on my newest alt. I'll be sure to keep the goat out on him.
    PC/ NA
  • ewenness
    ewenness
    ✭✭
    They do glow, yes. Coincidentally, I took a screenshot of both birds today while playing with a friend.

They have the rooster and I have the hen. The picture was taken at 21:25 GMT.

EDIT: Although the picture itself was taken late in the evening, I had the hen out all day and she glowed red for a while at two in the afternoon as well. Not sure if the pet is broken or it actually works as a bloodfiend indicator? She lays flaming eggs sometimes which is pretty funny though.

Screenshot_20181225_212554.png?width=854&height=481

Edited by ewenness on December 26, 2018 12:27AM

PC / EU / EP
    SEES-NO-SENSE
    ARGONIAN WARDEN
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ewenness wrote: »
    They do glow, yes. Coincidentally, I took a screenshot of both birds today while playing with a friend.

They have the rooster and I have the hen. The picture was taken at 21:25 GMT.

EDIT: Although the picture itself was taken late in the evening, I had the hen out all day and she glowed red for a while at two in the afternoon as well. Not sure if the pet is broken or it actually works as a bloodfiend indicator? She lays flaming eggs sometimes which is pretty funny though.

Screenshot_20181225_212554.png?width=854&height=481

Owners say they glow every night ingame (not real one). Your screenshot seems to be made in the early ingame evening or morning judging from the length of shadows.
  • ewenness
    ewenness
    ✭✭

Owners say they glow every night ingame (not real one). Your screenshot seems to be made in the early ingame evening or morning judging from the length of shadows.

Ah! That explains it. I thought the in-game clock is either the same or only differs 1-2 hours from local time, like in World of Warcraft. Thank you for the explanation and I apologize for providing wrong information in this case. :)

PC / EU / EP
    SEES-NO-SENSE
    ARGONIAN WARDEN
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MonkLoHan wrote: »

The chickens are cool, anyway.

Especially if you're into housing and put them in the barn in Old Mistveil.