The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What to buy

Mancombe_Nosehair
Mancombe_Nosehair
✭✭✭✭✭
I buy stuff from the crown store with gold, and am at a point where I have bought pretty much everything I want. I was wondering what others here would suggest. I have the following:
Banker
Merchant
All zone DLC's
Warden
Impercial Race
1 extra character slot

I am not interested in the following:
Dungeon DLC's (I do have ICP and WGT). I can't stand doing them
Mounts - I have plenty already
fashion
housing - I have bought some and regretted doing so

I have thought about buying the any race, and faction item, and more character slots, although at present I am unlikely to use them. I already have Summerset, so there will be no need to me to save up gold for that when it likely becomes a DLC around May time.

I don't have plus.

What do you suggest?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Save for the future crown crates. They might have something interesting.

& Merry Christmas to you too!
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on December 25, 2018 9:32PM
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing, Dungeon DLC, Furniture, Mounts, Pets, Crates and Costumes are pretty much the primary focus of Crowns. Literally all the things you are not interested so the best bet would be to save them for future DLC zones, maybe 2 incoming next year. I don't expect any more races or classes to be added as well as services. Maybe look into rare, expensive motifs such as Welkynar something that you like if you don't run trials. There's storage as well you can purchase you can throw in a small home if you don't grind telvar or writs. Finish off mount speed, etc if you dont feel like upgrading 1 capacity a day. Just some ideas.

Edit: Spelling
    Edited by JaZ2091 on December 26, 2018 7:03PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I buy stuff from the crown store with gold, and am at a point where I have bought pretty much everything I want. I was wondering what others here would suggest. I have the following:
    Banker
    Merchant
    All zone DLC's
    Warden
    Impercial Race
    1 extra character slot

I am not interested in the following:
    Dungeon DLC's (I do have ICP and WGT). I can't stand doing them
    Mounts - I have plenty already
    fashion
    housing - I have bought some and regretted doing so

I have thought about buying the any race, and faction item, and more character slots, although at present I am unlikely to use them. I already have Summerset, so there will be no need to me to save up gold for that when it likely becomes a DLC around May time.

I don't have plus.

What do you suggest?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

There are worse problems to have... :smiley:

If you don't need, or want, anything, just sit on it, until they produce something you do want.

Or, if you really do have way more than you'll ever use, become Father Christmas and give people you like gifts...

If you're not into housing, mounts, pets(?), or fashion, that does mean there aren't that many things left to choose from.

As cosmetics are, basically, the core of the Crownstore.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you were interested in new characters, Any Race, Any Alliance and character slots are a good deal. But it sounds like you aren't.

If you are interested in following the meta, you might save crowns for race changes, following whatever the Devs do with racial passives for the next update.
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all.

I thought about the race change token, but my understanding is that they are more likely to be standardised than one race suddenly gaining an advantage. My main is an Argonian. I am not really a BIS person (I can't dps for toffee).

I would have saved up for Summerset when it becomes a dlc, but I bought it for £7 in a previous sale.

My logic was always to get stuff from the store which you can't get with gold, which ruled out horse training or bag space. I suppose that they come into play once I have got all of the character slots and any race.

I don't like the crown crates, so am not in favour of someone else buying them on my behalf.

I shall get the character slots next I think.

Thanks for all your help.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Storage coffers, to expand your bank space if you're already at max? You'd have to place them in a home, sure, but you can get a free inn room and it doesn't have to be furnished.

Edit: I don't know if you count crafting as Fahion? If not, there's tons of goodies you can get to further your crafting progress, or expand the styles you can craft in. I think (but I'm not sure) you can also get crafting stations with crowns. :)
    Edited by Saturnana on December 26, 2018 8:35PM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it rain. It's the only endgame left.

giphy.gif
  • MamaDruid
    MamaDruid
    ✭✭✭
    I buy stuff from the crown store with gold

How? @luton0watford4
    Most people go through life dreading they'll have a traumatic experience. Freaks were born with their trauma. They've already passed their test in life. They're aristocrats.
    ― Diane Arbus
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MamaDruid wrote: »

How? @luton0watford4

@MamaDruid You pay other people with more Crowns an exchange in gold. They buy something and gift it to you.
    Edited by kadochka on December 27, 2018 1:52AM
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• MamaDruid
    MamaDruid
    ✭✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »

How? @luton0watford4

@MamaDruid You pay other people with more Crowns an exchange in gold. They buy something and gift it to you.

To be sure I understand, let's use you and me as an example. I want to buy a Crown Store item with gold, so I ask you to buy it with your crowns, and then I buy it from you with my gold?
    Edited by MamaDruid on December 27, 2018 1:58AM
    Most people go through life dreading they'll have a traumatic experience. Freaks were born with their trauma. They've already passed their test in life. They're aristocrats.
    ― Diane Arbus
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »

How? @luton0watford4

To be sure I understand, let's use you and me as an example. I want to buy a Crown Store item with gold, so I ask you to buy it with your crowns, and then I buy it from you with my gold?
    I buy it (with C's from the CS) and gift it to you, and you send me the gold, yes.
    Be careful one side doesn't abscond with their half, though.. Take pictures of transactions and be careful; ZOS can compensate you the first time or two, but after that, it's up to you.
    Edited by kadochka on December 27, 2018 2:17AM
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• MamaDruid
    MamaDruid
    ✭✭✭
    Cool beans @kadochka - thanks for the new info! I thought Crown Store items were bound to our accounts.
    ― Diane Arbus
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool beans @kadochka - thanks for the new info! I thought Crown Store items were bound to our accounts.
    Some items can't be gifted; like Houses and Plus-Only deals. But otherwise, yeah!

• notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan on being lazy and using crowns for most of my new house decorations. Cash is easier for me than gold with my work hours. And since I can buy decorations and not gear/materials with crowns
    ... decorations time!
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Use one of the few reputable 'third party' mediator discord communities. Don't use them myself but someone can point you in the right directions.
    Edited by notimetocare on December 27, 2018 4:18AM
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would strongly suggest either using he trade guild, or do with with friends or people in your own guild.

Doing it in zone chat will likely result in you being conned for your gold.